Mothering Forum banner

Diaper rash advice needed...

Tags
diapering
535 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bellyfruit 
#1 ·
I use both cloth and disposable diapers. My baby girl has a rash that seems to get worse when I use fitted or pocket diapers. I'm not sure if that is because I don't have any rash treatment to use with the cloth diapers, or if she is having a reaction to the material? Has anyone else had that happen? When I use flats or prefolds it looks about the same as with a disposable or a little better. Right now it looks pretty bad, so I've been using just disposables. I've been using Dr Smiths and Aquaphor to treat the rash, but I think I need something else. I'd like to have something I could use with the cloth diapers too. I'm also going to start using cloth wipes, I'm looking at wipe solutions right now...there are all these options for diapering and all that goes along with it, sometimes it's hard to know where to start.

Recommendations please? Thanks.

#3 ·
I'll keep that in mind if it doesn't clear up soon.

I did a little research online after I posted this. I just using one type of diapers until I get it cleared up, then I'll start testing the others. I mixed up my own wipe solution, coconut oil, mild soap, and water. I put it in an empty soap dispenser and pump it onto the wipes as I need them. For wipes I still had a pack of the gauze ones from the hospital. I'm also blotting the area with a witch hazel pad a few times a day, and putting coconut oil on before the rash cream. It's looking a lot better. It was blister red, now it's a dark pink.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.