Guess the diapers :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-09-2014, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am wondering if any of you gurus would know what type of diapers these are

The consignment store says all in ones with no tags.  They also say there are inserts that came with them for sale.  They don't know much about them and I live a ways from town.

Thought it would be worth a shot on here :)

Stephanie married to Jerry  partners.gif  mama to  modifiedartist.gif (10) and superhero.gif(7) and 3rdtri.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 01-09-2014, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I've been out of diapers for many years now, and haven't bought diapers in over a decade so take this as a guess-

booty buns?  Baby land?  The cheap $5 ones from shop diaper?

Why does it matter?

Me.  With 1 spouse, 4 kids, 16 chickens, 74 matchbox cars, 968,562+ legos, a dishwasher waiting to be emptied, a washing machine waiting to be filled and a lost cup of tea in the house.

#3 of 9 Old 01-09-2014, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

They are at a consignment store and I want to know about what they run new to know if I should get them used :)  And if they don't have the inserts what brand to buy for more.

Stephanie married to Jerry  partners.gif  mama to  modifiedartist.gif (10) and superhero.gif(7) and 3rdtri.gif
#4 of 9 Old 01-10-2014, 01:08 PM

At first, I thought that they are SOS Diapers

http://sosdiapers.wahmweb.com/store/WsDefault.asp?Cat=Diapering&Sub=6&isThumbs=No&Thumbs=

but upon closer comparison, I guess not.  Plus SOS Diapers have a label on the front, plain as day.

Still, I think you could purchase the inserts from any other "one-size diaper" maker.

I guess you could google "one size diaper" and compare with other pictures.

#5 of 9 Old 01-10-2014, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you, I think I am going to pass on them after a bit of guessing I haven't found out and unless they are they when I can take a look.  They are $10 each plus the inserts at $2.49, they do look to be in great shape, but it seems a bit steep to me if they aren't all in ones and maybe even if they are.

#6 of 9 Old 01-10-2014, 09:43 PM

Well they certain look like pocket diapers and not all-in-ones to me. I'm guessing that there is an opening at the back that the insert goes into and the white layer inside the diaper is quite thin if you were to feel it between your fingers.

The lack of tag makes me think that they are from one of the cheaper chinese manufacturers who basically make diapers and anyone who buys wholesale from them can have their own tag put on them or buy them tag-free. Typically you would pay about $5 retail including a microfibre insert if you were to buy them yourself from one of these companies. If you want to know exactly who makes them then those printed diapers will probably give you the biggest clue as different makes tend to carry different patterns. But if you just want a similar diaper I'd suggest Alva Baby, they look just like what you have pictured here (the website can be a bit confusing but the diapers get great reviews, I quite like the ones I have from them too):

http://www.alvababy.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=111_43_54_24

Oh, it seems they have at least one of those patterns available at Alva:

http://www.alvababy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=101&products_id=1106

steffanie3 likes this.
#7 of 9 Old 01-10-2014, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much, definitely not worth $10 a piece plus insert then.  Thank you again :)

#8 of 9 Old 01-10-2014, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter

I think you are spot on, I found a couple of other prints they had on their site on Alva's. 

#9 of 9 Old 01-15-2014, 10:41 PM

isn`t it baby land?

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page