Help me decide -- ME OS vs EconoME - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-11-2014, 06:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hello,

I'm getting back into CDing after a long absence.  I currently have a 2 yo who occasionally pees on the potty, but is likely at least a few months from training, and I'm expecting a baby in late June.

I used Mother-ease Sandy Smalls and some prefolds for my older kids who were CD'd.  I loved them.  They were hand-me-downs when I got them and my kids were small enough that I used them until potty training (I didn't know what size they were until I recently bought Sandy Sm and Lg and compared).  But my original 24 are down to 6 that aren't worn thin, and my 2 yo is bursting out of the small size at the waist, so I bought some ME L Sandys.  I find they fit well at the waist and leg on my 2 yo, but they're way more diaper than we need; he never comes close to soaking them, and they're quite bulky under his clothes.  I've tried ME OS and EconoME.  The OS fits better at the waist (on the second last snap vs. last snap for the L EconoME), but the EconoME is trimmer through the crotch.  The OS has always been absorbent enough, even once when he was in one overnight, whereas the EconoME has been soaked after a nap (but it didn't leak).

So, I'm trying to figure out if I should round out my 2 yo's diaper supply with OS or large econoME.  In theory, I should be able to get more use out of the OS with the new baby, but my kids tend to be small, and I think I would really prefer the sm sandys (or even sm econoME).  If 2 yo grows very much, the econoME will be too small on him, but they are cheaper per diaper (which doesn't take into consideration how long I can use them for, given that they are part of a two size system).

Any insights?  An angle I'm not considering?  I have not found many reviews of the econoME diaper (I guess it's kind of new?) so I'm feeling like it's kind of an unknown, even though I have one that I've been trying out.

Thanks!

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#2 of 3 Old 03-12-2014, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Are you okay with used diapers? If so I would consider getting the MEOS as that way you have a lower price but still the absorbency. I got mine on local Kijiji or craigslist, though you can buy used online too, I just like doing it in person cause I can personally check the diapers out before paying.

#3 of 3 Old 03-12-2014, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Ah, I wouldn't have thought of that.  Thanks!

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page