Landlord permission for diaper sprayer worries&alternative ideas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 03-28-2014, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I doubt I'll be able to get my landlord to be ok with this. I'm not sure whether I should bother asking. I do have inspections ect. I have a stressful relationship with my landlord. But I need a sprayer. I've been trying to imagine hooking something up somehow with my garden hose and the sink or shower but it's more complicatedand I'm not good with thinking it through. My diapers are not getting cleaned and I know I really need to start spraying. I I'll write when I have more time right now I just feel worried about it.
I'm sure some people didn't even ask at all? since they're so easy to install? I know its still alterating the plumbing.
#2 of 15 Old 03-28-2014, 07:25 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

What about something like this instead?  I think it would be a bit more fiddly than a proper diaper sprayer, but it should be less likely to offend the landlord.

http://www.amazon.com/Hudson-67981-Quick-Gallon-Sprayer/dp/B00004RA3K/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1396016547&sr=8-21&keywords=pump+action+pressure+sprayer

#3 of 15 Old 03-28-2014, 07:59 AM

They're super easy to install....and uninstall (and put the original bit back in place).  I suppose you should look at your rental agreement, but because its not a permanent alteration to anything then it seems like it shouldn't be a big deal?  Could you uninstall it when you have inspections?  We used this one and had no problems at all (used 4years). 

ETA: does he look at your toilet super carefully?  Its pretty discrete.

https://www.diapersprayer.com/index.php

Camille~
Mama to F (3/09) and S (3/11); and never forgetting my babe gone too soon angel1.gif(4/10).

#4 of 15 Old 03-28-2014, 08:06 AM

How about one that slips over the faucet? I found a pet sprayer at a yard sale a few years ago, I think the pressure would be ok as a diaper sprayer not as much as the pump sprayer though
http://www.amazon.com/Waxman-7653800TB-Portable-Shampoo-Sprayer/dp/B000QD2WJS/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1396017428&sr=8-7&keywords=Faucet+sprayer

http://www.amazon.com/Rinse-Ace-3258com-Sink-Rinser/dp/B005IUJJLI/ref=pd_cp_hi_1

><> Mom to superhero.gif (6) hearts.gif (4) energy.gif (2) and baby.gif (born March!)
#5 of 15 Old 03-28-2014, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

It just screws on and off. I wouldn't consider it an alteration of the plumbing. We didn't ask our landlord when we rented.

#6 of 15 Old 03-28-2014, 10:25 AM

It's a little more 'hands on' but I dunk and swish my diapers, then rinse them in the sink. Another alternative would be using diaper liners, which you can wash and reuse if it is just a pee diape.

Carson, living life with my 3 boys: DH, DS Dec '09 blahblah.gif  and newbie DS Sept'12baby.gif

always two in my heartbeat.gif 

#7 of 15 Old 04-04-2014, 12:14 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'm a happy dunknswisher with my diapers, but I don't see why a diaper sprayer would fall in the "need permission" category of your average rental agreement (though I agree to check for sure.)  If you can't find anything in the agreement that makes you feel particularly strong about asking permission first, just don't. 

--Breastfeeding----2nd grade Teaching----Cosleeping----Cloth Diapering -- --Bookworm Mom
#8 of 15 Old 04-04-2014, 10:57 AM

I agree with above posters that since it is only a temporary attachment you probably won't have a problem.

I prefer the dunk and swish method myself. I keep a pair of rubber gloves by the toilet and IME find it to be way more effective than a sprayer. I used to use a sprayer but felt like if I didn't have the angle right I ended up spraying poop water everywhere.

Mama of DDbabyf.gifand wife to DH geek.gif . Trying to homestead in the suburbs chicken3.gif.
#9 of 15 Old 04-04-2014, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I have a detachable shower head and sprayed into mop bucket. Obviously bulk into toilet then sprayed. My mom just uses sprayer from kitchen sink
#10 of 15 Old 04-06-2014, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter

My landlord is just awful. I don't know if I should attach and detach it. I do think its like a shower head in a way, I changed that and didn't ask. Right now we're planning to use a garden hose downstairs from the kitchen sink across the room to the bathroom. This idea seriously sucks though. I cant even backwear yet and dont know how I'll accomplish this without doing that. And still I'd have a hose that probably will get grabbed and it wont work. Thinking. ..
#11 of 15 Old 04-06-2014, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

Maybe I can get a new showerhead instead. My current one has hardly enough pressure at all. I don't think my hose will work there. Are certain shower heads not enough pressure? I mean, itd reach the toilet so why not? Itd be more complicated to reach the off switch though. I dont care I just need this figured out.
#12 of 15 Old 04-06-2014, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

I found the diaper sprayer useful. But you don't really need it. I don't think it's worth running a hose from another room. You can always just dunk in the toilet, or scrape off with a butter knife

#13 of 15 Old 04-06-2014, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

I dont feel like scraping is working. Cant I just do another more powerful showerhead? I know diapersprayer is super adjustable. And I just saw on another thread a pet sprayer that goes in bathtub. How big of a deal is water pressure?
#14 of 15 Old 04-06-2014, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

The garden hose has a spray nozzle on the head with different spray prrssures.
#15 of 15 Old 04-08-2014, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I would definitely check your rental agreement and plumbing codes for the area. It turns out where we are, diaper sprayers are against code. 
We use disposable liners and they work great. Just throw the pee ones in the garbage and the poop ones in the toiler and flush away. We also rinse in a muck sink before we do laundry to get any left overs. 
Why do you think your diapers aren't getting cleaned? poop stains do not mean they're not clean

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page