Who is your favorite "new" WAHM? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 42 Old 04-29-2004, 04:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We did this awhile ago and it was a lot of fun.... list a new or non-hyena wahm site that you enjoy.... And if you don't have one, go find one! LOL!

Okay - I think she is getting more recognized on this board but I recently bought some velour fitteds with fleece inners, aplix and a wool wrap from www.loveybums.com. Cute, and fits my almost 2 year old and I know will fit ds#2 probably by 3 months.

So that's mine. Spill the beans!!!!!!
#2 of 42 Old 04-29-2004, 08:18 AM

Loveybums are great! I have some on the way.

My fave NEW non-hyena WAHM is Lisa from Little Belle Soakers. She should be reopening soon for orders, she just had a ton because her shorts are so AWESOME! I own three pairs and I need more! Little Belle Soaker Shorts
#3 of 42 Old 04-29-2004, 08:56 AM

Definatly Kiwi Pie (Maria).
#4 of 42 Old 04-29-2004, 10:25 AM

I have an order in for some Loveybums (fitted and two covers) and I'm on the list for a Little Belle Soaker short - can't wait, they look fab!

I'm a newbie so all these products are new to me!

Karen

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#5 of 42 Old 04-29-2004, 10:29 AM

I can't wait to try Loveybums. I am gonna e-mail them after the first of May! I think I will also go with Kiwi Pie. Although I think she had reached Hyena status. These are the first covers I go for every time, for fit, function nd just plain cuteness!
#6 of 42 Old 04-29-2004, 10:34 AM

My newest favorite is Becky of http://www.sellinthreads.com even though she's been open for a while, she makes a big variety of things so she'll be bookmarked for years to come!! LOL I also love the soft soft AIOs and the dolly dipes at http://www.celestialbaby.com and also http://www.muttaqinbaby.com has awesome one-size diapers that actually are giving my 32 lb boy room to grow instead of being on the last setting!
#7 of 42 Old 04-29-2004, 11:15 AM

There's a new WAHM who has just bought a banner ad here. Her company is Luxe Baby www.luxebabydiapers.com and I have been a customer of hers since a friend bought the most adorable wool soaker pants from her via Ebay. She made them out of recycled sweaters, and I got 2 of them that DD basically wore all winter. They were sooooo cheap, and she mailed me three of them to see which fit the best!

She has just opened a line of hemp contour diapers and wool covers (make wool-in-ones together) and will be adding some fitted diapers soon. I've been a tester for her for months and I'm so excited she's finally open! She is wonderful to work with!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#8 of 42 Old 04-29-2004, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet68
There's a new WAHM who has just bought a banner ad here. Her company is Luxe Baby www.luxebabydiapers.com
Her stuff looks great! I am resisted the wool covers even though they look fab because I have no funds but I'm hoping when she comes out with those fitted I can try some out!

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#9 of 42 Old 04-29-2004, 11:27 AM

I love Maria at Kiwi-Pie... but really, I love all the WAHMs, new or old. I mean, I must love them, I have spent my kid's college education with them, lol.

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#10 of 42 Old 04-29-2004, 11:31 AM

[QUOTE=Piglet68]There's a new WAHM who has just bought a banner ad here. Her company is Luxe Baby www.luxebabydiapers.com

wow - how has she been under the mdc radar for so long?
#11 of 42 Old 04-29-2004, 11:41 AM

Ooh, those Luxe Baby Diapers look nice! And so cute with those tie-dyed t-shirts.
#12 of 42 Old 04-29-2004, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas
wow - how has she been under the mdc radar for so long?
She's a Canadian gal. Does great work. Started out on ebay and decided to open up her own online site. I totally love her website, too (it just opened up, like a week ago). It's so neat and easy to navigate, and easy on the eyes. It was exciting being a tester for her - love getting free fluffy mail, lol! Her fitteds are nice and trim, along the lines of an El Bee or Firefly fit. The silk she uses on the inner is really unique - it's not a "slippery" silk, but more like a raw silk. At first I was like "wow, this is weird for a diaper" but man do I love it! It wears up SO well through the washes, poop has a hard time escaping from the diaper but washes off very easily when you rinse. And best of all, the colour I have is a natural buff that really hides poopy stains!

Anyways, I'll be raving about her more when her banner ad comes up (she's a Business Buddy with Maria from KiwiPie!). But this thread tempted me to spill the beans early. She is just the nicest lady (can't wait to meet her in person one day when I return to Canada!) with great customer service!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#13 of 42 Old 04-29-2004, 11:46 AM

i've known of her for a while... i'm hoping to be a tester for her new silk dipes!

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#14 of 42 Old 04-29-2004, 11:50 AM

Is that Jesse? She sent me one of her wool covers a while back to test it. I give her a big too!
#15 of 42 Old 04-29-2004, 11:52 AM

yes, it's Jesse! I have a wool-in-one on it's way to me!!

#16 of 42 Old 04-29-2004, 11:52 AM

now are we talking new wahms that make the diaper or new shoppes that sell the diapers? or both?
#17 of 42 Old 04-29-2004, 12:16 PM

To me everyone seems new. I can barely keep up with the new and upcoming wahms. I have a new favourite soaker maker that I bought from off ebay. Once I get my soaker I will show you it on Stinker. I am getting a rainbow merino wool cover.

babylulumommy is her username and she is located in Canada!

As for diapers, I use prefolds and my own as well as a few select wahm diapers so I rarely get to try anything new anymore.
#18 of 42 Old 04-29-2004, 02:55 PM

One thing that sucks is you almost DON'T want to tell about new finds b/c they soon close for orders, LOL. I have been stalking loveybums and nanipoos and they are getting swamped. By the time I get to order, will I get any? lol

I've had to add myself to many waiting lists. like very baby, bottom bumpers, and kindheartedwoman.

still, i love hearing about new WAHMs!

#19 of 42 Old 04-29-2004, 03:10 PM

I would love to be a tester for dipes, I guess I need to make more diaper friends :

Those luxe diapers look really nice! Of course after reading this thread I've once again added to my list of wants *sigh* (that was my bank account not5 me...) .
#20 of 42 Old 04-29-2004, 07:28 PM

Another for Luxe Baby Diapers here.I love all her products and Jesse is a wonderful person to work with.
#21 of 42 Old 04-29-2004, 07:31 PM

Not sure if she qualifies as "new", but I would have to say Jess and her grandmother at Very Baby. They are so nice to work with and their diapers are perfection. I know Jess has been around for a while, but I guess you can consider her "new" since Very Baby is brand new? :LOL
#22 of 42 Old 04-29-2004, 07:36 PM

I ordered from Luxe thanks to you girls. She is SO nice! We have been emailing all day. I can't WAIT to get them! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the shirts to match too!

I will post a review when I get them. And I alove ALL the WAHMs mentioned here. I give them lots of credit to do what they do because it is NOT easy!

Laura
#23 of 42 Old 04-29-2004, 07:40 PM

Hmmmm, I ordered too, but have not received a confirmation of my order and payment and I emailed her with some questions and haven't receieved a reply yet. I'll have to go see if my order and everything went through.

Someone pointed something out I hadn't thought of- she serges her wool covers with cotton thread, couldn't this potentially cause wicking?
#24 of 42 Old 04-29-2004, 07:41 PM

Gosh, those luxbabies are really kool. Definately the next hyena thing if you ask me. On the last thread I said loveybums. I'm so happy she's caught on, but I went to her site yesterday to order, and, well, you know... Now everyone is going to have a loveybum on their lovey's bum. :LOL

J.

Jayne, sewing up a storm mama to ds1 9/03, ds2 2/09, and 2 sweet furbabies.

#25 of 42 Old 04-29-2004, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicandboys
Someone pointed something out I hadn't thought of- she serges her wool covers with cotton thread, couldn't this potentially cause wicking?
I'm not sure if they could but I can tell you that they haven't for me. Think about wool.. when it gets wet the only parts that usually get pretty wet are right in front or through the crotch.. not the edges of the legs or the waist so it hasn't been a problem for me at all with my Luxe WIO.
#26 of 42 Old 04-29-2004, 08:24 PM
cjr

You girls did it again. Please STOP! The temptation is to hard to resist. First it was Muttaqin Baby and now Luxe Baby. I just ordered a couple of wool covers and I'm just working on sizes with her now. I love the that you can get a snap-in wool liner. Will need that with my super soaker.

Nicandboys - I e-mailed her this morning because her cart was charging me a wool cover price for a wool liner. She just now got back to me. She's most likely just buisy because of this thread.
#27 of 42 Old 04-29-2004, 08:42 PM

Not sure how new she is, but she's new to me. I got a Wetter Sweater 2nd-hand, and I love it. It's so soft and great for nighttime!

Ecolovables Wetter Sweaters $18
#28 of 42 Old 04-30-2004, 02:01 AM

Which Luxe Baby wool do you like best? Organic jersey, regular jersey, or interlock?
#29 of 42 Old 04-30-2004, 11:21 AM

Come to find out today that the Luxe Baby owner did actually email me back very promptly. For some reason, my stupid email has been delayed. I got a ton of messages in my inbox today that were from yesterday.
#30 of 42 Old 04-30-2004, 03:48 PM

Cloth softies is another new one that I really like. The fabrics are just dreamy.

J.

Jayne, sewing up a storm mama to ds1 9/03, ds2 2/09, and 2 sweet furbabies.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page