Heavywetting, side-sleeping, all-night nurser.. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 05-22-2014, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Could my 8 month old DS add more factors to making it impossible for his diapers not to leak by morning? Oh yes, he also flops around a lot! I've read fitteds & wool, sounds great but A. They're both pretty pricey so I'm scared to just pick a brand randomly, anyone have a favorite? And B. what about the wetness against his skin all night? He gets red if I don't change him every 1-2 hours during the day (prefolds in gdiaper shells). I read about fleece liners? Could that wick moisture & make the diaper leak?
Thank you!!
#2 of 10 Old 05-24-2014, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I had a very similar situation with both my ds. I found covers that had the double gusset like rumparooz were helpful. Also hemp doublers, they are incredible absorbent and very trim. I would often cover that up with wool. I found this kind to be the best: http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/kissas-wool.html
Not this brand per say but any wool cover that had this style leg and waist were good for side/wiggly sleepers. I did use a fleece or microfiber thin liner to keep things drier against baby skin and really load up on barrier cream at last diaper change before putting them down. I eventually switched to flush able liners ( I like grovia) to wick moisture at night and to make poo disposal easy during the day.
I hope this helps mama
good luck and dry nights smile.gif
#3 of 10 Old 05-24-2014, 10:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We were in the same situation and fitteds and wool worked well for us!
#4 of 10 Old 05-25-2014, 04:47 PM

I use sustainable babyish fitteds with Disana wool covers. Every now and then we have a leak from her laying on her side but it is the best combo I have found. The fitted diaper comes with two hemp pads and I put another one on top of that which is a stay-dry liner. :-)
#5 of 10 Old 05-26-2014, 12:44 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Wool looks expensive, but you only need a couple as you jet alternate, and they rarely need washing. I actually like 3, so when I do wash or re-lanolise, I still can have 2 alternating. Also for daytime use, you can use longs, shorties or skirts INSTEAD of other clots, so there's a saving there as well

#6 of 10 Old 05-27-2014, 07:52 AM

I've used Motherease brand Sandy's Diapers (made for heavy wetters) http://www.mother-ease.com/SandysDiapers.asp with their airflow covers at night with two babes (both all night nursers, wigglers and very heavy wetters) and never a leak, truly. I also use a barrier cream before bed and despite very sensitive skin rarely have an issue. Also, I only need a few diapers and maybe 2 covers to rotate through. The diapers absorb a ton (the site says 16 oz without the doubler!). so they do take a long time to dry. I am pretty sensitive to wool and have never tried it on a baby, though I hear great things. Good luck!!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

Last edited by sparklemaman; 06-01-2014 at 07:20 AM. Reason: adding link
#7 of 10 Old 06-04-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfish75 View Post
I did use a fleece or microfiber thin liner to keep things drier against baby skin and really load up on barrier cream at last diaper change before putting them down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemaman View Post
I also use a barrier cream before bed and despite very sensitive skin rarely have an issue.
What barrier creams are you using? I'm still searching for the perfect night combo too.
#8 of 10 Old 06-06-2014, 12:20 PM

We use Triple Paste and a generic brand zinc oxide cream ( it is 40% zinc oxide). I like both. Both creams provide a barrier as well as treat/soothe any irritation. I really liked the Mustela barrier cream (smells amazing!) but my DS was allergic Good luck!!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

Last edited by sparklemaman; 06-07-2014 at 05:37 AM.
#9 of 10 Old 06-08-2014, 11:03 AM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Two prefolds laid one on top of the other plus a fleece liner, jelly roll folded and snappied or pinned, plus a double gusset cover like blueberry OS wrap.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#10 of 10 Old 06-16-2014, 05:25 AM

yeah,jelly roll folded and snappied or pinned, plus a double gusset cover like blueberry OS wrap.thanks

Tags
Diapering

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page