Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By sparklemaman

#1 of 6 Old 06-09-2014, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nighttime diaper routine

Hi all - What have you found that works for night time diapering?
My daughter is 10 months old and we use GMD prefolds. At night I add a smaller size folded in thirds plus a fleece/hemp liner. It's soaked by morning and hugely bulky on my girl. She's getting to the size where I'll need to buy the next size up, and I'm not sure I want to do that....may just switch to disposables for the daytime, but I'm not sure disposables will work for overnight so I'm considering a cloth solution for overnights and don't need to stick with the prefolds. If I have to buy the next size up, I'm open to buying a totally different type of diaper.
So I'd love to hear what has worked for you, and is easy to clean/get the pee smell out of.
TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 06-10-2014, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
IMO, you are not going to find a better option than what you are doing already. I used to own a store and had access to all diapers, and they do make very absorbent nighttime diapers, but they all end up smelling because peeing all night into that many layers of fabric makes it impossible to ever get the smell out. What we did for our heavy wetter was exactly what you are doing. Her butt was so big she couldn't even walk right, but that's ok for nighttime. She slept fine. My babysitter said one of her kids peed so much she had to use three PFs!

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
#3 of 6 Old 06-10-2014, 10:19 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
I did have some success with hemp flats from Cotton Babies - hemp is more absorbent and these are quit thin and pliable. I tried two of those with a small PF in the middle as a doubler and it worked almost as good as the one big and one small PF.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
#4 of 6 Old 06-14-2014, 12:48 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I just use 2 bamboo terry squares, folded together, with wool instead of PUl covers. The wool not only allows the nappy underneath to dry out a bit between sees, but also adds an extra layer of absorbency, as wool is absorbent, but doesn't allow wicking. Also much comfier and cooler than PUL
#5 of 6 Old 07-30-2014, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lately we have been using Wonderful Bambino Fitteds with a flip cover. This has worked wonders for me, super trim, so I don't have to worry about horrible smells from all the layers that overnight diapers usually have. And they have been crazy absorbent.
#6 of 6 Old 08-09-2014, 09:25 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I have used Motherease brand Sandy's Diapers with the Sandy's Absorbent Liner covered with a Motherease Airflow cover for both my heavy wetters (with DD until she was 2 yrs and stopped wearing diapers!) http://www.mother-ease.com/SandysDiapers.asp I never had a single leak or any issues with smell. The diapers are wicked absorbent and do take a good deal of time to dry but they are fantastic! We also use the Motherease one size diapers, for daytime. I think they are great too.
IrenaF likes this.

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page