Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
got one from patchwork pixie too
#32 of 49 Old 05-08-2004, 12:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
:

Mommy to five wonderful earthlings, and one on the way supporter Humble Wife and Mother Learning to live through Jesus!
#33 of 49 Old 05-08-2004, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaalex
i guess i am in the dark, yet again. didn't tuesday noon JUST open last week? why is there a rush to leave if they just started? why is not the same "way" as TB was? i mean it's the same people, shouldn't it function the same?

well, best of luck to the moms who have decided to go elsewhere!!!!
I thought Tuesday Noon had been aroudn for awhile... hasn't it?

I was getting last weekend's messages on Wednesday and now I am finally getting Wednesday's messages on Saturday... yahoogroups pisses me off.
#34 of 49 Old 05-08-2004, 12:35 PM

i know that it had been tuesday bear, but didn't tuesday noon just open ? it was within the past 2 weeks i thought? oh well, i don't pretend to know anything about anything! :LOL
#35 of 49 Old 05-08-2004, 04:39 PM

It sounds to me like they all expected the new organizer of Tuesday Noon to be exactly like Tuesday Bear but that didn't happen. It sounds like the new organizer was trying to be the one in control rather than letting everyone be equal. This is just my opinion as to what it sounds like to ME so I could be totaly off base here. But here is the message from the Kool Sheep Soakers Yahoo! Group:
Quote:
Hi everyone,

A number of sellers, including myself, have decided to leave Tuesday Noon due to a difference of opinion between us and the "management." We were under the impression that we were a self-governed team, but as it turned out, this was not the case. In our pursuit of forming a true partnership among equals, we will be forming a new site. We will let you know the details as soon as we have them. We appreciate your business and apologize for the confusion this is creating for our customers, but we trust that you will support our need for a site that fulfills our vision of a conglomerate team.

As always, thanks for your support and interest!

Karen
I am sure we will see a site similar to Tuesday Noon in the future.
#36 of 49 Old 05-08-2004, 05:07 PM

that's what i don't get though. if they all are the same people from TB why don't they just practice the same way they did there? i mean it's not like someone "bought" TB out, ykwim? i guess i just don't know enough to understand. i think that if they are all the same wahms, they should just conduct themselves like they did there................... anyway, that's MY opinion.
#37 of 49 Old 05-08-2004, 05:20 PM

Because the person who started/organized/ran Tuesday Bear isn't there anymore. Which is the reason they moved to the new site. So perhaps whoever owns the Tuesday Noon web domain and some of the other wahm are having a difference of opinion... *shrugs*
#38 of 49 Old 05-08-2004, 05:22 PM
Banned

That popcorn icon cracks me up.

From what I understand - and I understand little these days, lol - the Tuesday Bear thing was free for all the wahms who participated, Teddy's husband wrote the complicated script that would allow the wahms participating to log in & manage their own stores, sales, etc.

I can't remember who stepped in with... was it their brother in law? Bill who wrote a new script & came out with wahmuniverse. Not sure if that's the management they're talking about, but maybe? TN was a paid thing - the wahms had to pay a monthly fee to list there. I talked to Bill & got some information for a gal who's site I'm working on so I had the pricing & stuff.

Anyway - maybe that's the difference?? I love the idea of a wahm cooperative, seems this community can be so nasty sometimes & it warms the ol' heart to see wahms working together. Places like fluffymail & the idea of Tuesday Bear/Tuesday Noon are great. I hope they work something out.
#39 of 49 Old 05-08-2004, 07:38 PM

There was an extensive e-mail from Karen to all her customers today and she explained what happened. I am only posting because by now these are public news anyways. This is just what I read - no personal opinions added.

If I understood correctly, when Tueday Bear needed to close, one of the WAHMs (I don't know if I am allowed to say who) offered to begin another site and her brother offered to make the website. Apparently, this WAHM decided to sell a product that would compete directly with one of the other participants products (it was an agreement in Tueday Bear that the WAHM should not compete, and only sell products in different areas). She was asked not to sell, but she decided to go ahead and do it anyway, and that caused the hurt feelings...
After that, the brother closed the moderator status and access to all other WAHMs and decided that Tuesday Noon should be under a central management. Also all participants should pay a fee...
Now the WAHMs who were dissatisfied with new model are getting together to open a new store under the old Tueday Bear model.
#40 of 49 Old 05-08-2004, 07:51 PM

Yep, that's pretty much exactly what I've been able to peice together so far. It's a pity.
#41 of 49 Old 05-08-2004, 07:53 PM

Makes sense to me.. from the outside looking in with the info shared here I would probably want to regroup and make it like it was before without product competition and with equal access.
#42 of 49 Old 05-08-2004, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I just got one from KSS- very weird, it seems like if they were all on the same page at TB they would be all on the same page at TN- I hope that they get the type of group they want and they do really well- I guess sometimes it only takes one person thinking different to make it hard on others- it is a great group of WAHM so they should have no problem starting a new group! Sending my

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks
#43 of 49 Old 05-08-2004, 08:11 PM

It could be most interesting if they both stock at the same time. I know where I will go.
#44 of 49 Old 05-08-2004, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Me too. Probly both actually. :LOL
#45 of 49 Old 05-08-2004, 08:57 PM

I had no idea this was happening and just came here from the site. I was wondering why so many of the participants were gone. I was looking for more Patchwork Pixie. Guess I missed a good sale. Bummer. I hope it all works out well for everyone.
#46 of 49 Old 05-08-2004, 11:52 PM

thanks for sharing that info, it makes a lot of sense now. i think that the idea should've stayed the exact same just changed domains. it's a shame that someone had to spoil the "pot" for everyone!!! i am glad that the wahms are sticking up for themselves and moving on. it really is too bad that someone has gotten a big head from it all though..........
#47 of 49 Old 05-09-2004, 04:07 PM

:

I wish there was a way to subscribe to the thread without posting. : I want to see where they go and such since I am not on any mailing lists.

Mom to 10yo Autistic Wonder Boy and 6yo Inquisitive Fireball Girl . December birthdays.

#48 of 49 Old 05-09-2004, 04:49 PM

At the top, click thread tools. Subscribe is there.
#49 of 49 Old 05-09-2004, 04:58 PM

Mom to 10yo Autistic Wonder Boy and 6yo Inquisitive Fireball Girl . December birthdays.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page