noticed something abt the TP - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-14-2004, 05:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't think there's anything to stop people (who haven't met the time limit or post limit) from contacting the sellers. I for one say money is money. And, when I need money I don't care if Suzy New Q pm's me as long as she's got the $$. The mods will remove posts from the TP of people who don't meet the requirements, but I'd sure like to know if I'm going to get my hand slapped for accepting a payment from someone not eligible. If so, then I'll conduct my business elsewhere.

And, for one I never check if that person is eligible by the TP rules or not. Like I said if they're interested and they got the $$ then we've helped each other out. I will not deny the fact that I have suggested to people through pm's that the could try contacting a seller directly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2004, 05:41 PM

Oh no, I feel bad now =(

I have both PMed and posted that I am PMing and bought stuff and sent money. I thought that rule was for selling to prevent people from selling things as a scam. (No one is going to post around here for 2 months just to scam a few diapers!)

Is there anything I should do to make amends?
Old 05-14-2004, 05:43 PM

I have also bought stuff off of the TP since day one! I just became legal today :LOL so now I can sell too!

I agree with whoever said money is money! There's really no risk there as long as the person pays you before you ship.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratlover
I agree with this but would take it a step further and say that it seems like used diapers in general are overpriced. Even if they're still in great shape, it seems like hoping to get 2/3 of retail price for something that has been used (and used in a particularly "thorough" way), is a lot to expect. There. I've said it! I myself bought some used Samuel's soakers recently, but they were about half of retail and seemed like a good deal in light of the fact that it's impossible to get these nowadays. Does anyone else think that used diapers are overpriced?
Janine
I agree! I mean, especially if they are not sought after diapers, they are diapers, they are pooped and pee'd in by another child - I truly think their value declines significantly. I think a used diaper of no particular exciting brand, say a Motherease, Fuzzibunz, Kissaluvs, should go for maybe 2/3 if they are practically new - and for well-used, I'd say they should go for the price of shipping. I know they are sanitary and all, it's not that, but there is something to having a diaper that's never been worn by another kid, so for me, I almost always prefer to buy new unless the item is really practically new, or it's super-cheap!
Old 05-14-2004, 05:47 PM

Mrs Edwards-I don't think there's anything the mods can do to stop you from receiving payment for something from a noneligible TP member. You're right...money is money. BUT I would be leary. I had a really hateful mama PM me about a couple diapers and then proceed to ask me "what was up with my diapers and the high prices." : Needless to say I didn't sell anything to her. Like anywhere else you just have to be careful.

, , , mama to Ross , Reagan (8/29/05), Joshua (from Haiti...here NOW due to the earthquake!), and Elijah , born safely 9-8-09.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDiaperinMama
Mrs Edwards-I don't think there's anything the mods can do to stop you from receiving payment for something from a noneligible TP member. You're right...money is money. BUT I would be leary. I had a really hateful mama PM me about a couple diapers and then proceed to ask me "what was up with my diapers and the high prices." : Needless to say I didn't sell anything to her. Like anywhere else you just have to be careful.
drop: Don't you wish some of these conversation were in physical terms not virtual terms? :LOL: That way you could physically harm someone? Just kidding!
Old 05-14-2004, 06:24 PM

a quality diaper vs a crap diaper (no pun intended) if it bit them in the butt. :LOL

....a crap diaper....you're killing me. :LOL :

User Tag List