advice on stash needed - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-17-2004, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
we're going out on our own with cloth (used a service to this point). we're going to use fuzzi bunz and are hoping to wash 2 or 3 times a week.

here's what i'm thinking:

15 fb's
15 joey bunz
12 prefolds

too much? not enough? what else?

thanks!
megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2004, 04:42 PM

Have you looked at Wonderoos pocket diapers? I have used both W & FB and I really prefer the Wonderoos. They are much trimmer and the suedecloth inner doesnt get pilly like fleece. They are one sized too so they fit 8-35 lbs so no need to get bigger sizes or smaller if you have another baby.

Oh and you can use JB in them or anyother insert really.

(I dont work for Wonderoos I swear! I just really like them -- wish I had found them before buying FBs!)

15 is probably enough to get through 3 days if you are using something else for night.
Old 05-17-2004, 06:04 PM

How old is baby and what is their build? I have a skinny 18 month old and the wonderroos are jusy too big in the legs unless I really overstuff. Also at 18 months my DD still goes through beween 8-12 diapers a day (not including night) So I would need at least twice what you have listed. Also how are you planning on stuffing them? A single Joey bunz will not work for my DD and she is a light wetter. I like using a prefold best. I think that what you have is a nice start but I'm not sure if its enough.

DK
Old 05-17-2004, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

DS is 13 mo, chunky, and a light wetter. He usually gets 5-6 fresh dipes a day (I hope we're not bad moms.....). WE're hoping to stick with FBs at night too, just with more stuffing. Now we use a prefold and an absorbent liner. Mostly works fine.

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
Old 05-17-2004, 08:11 PM

I would say maybe a few more FB than that if you want to wash every other day. My boys use 8-10 a day, and you need to leave time for line drying your covers.

Carrie, mom to Johnathan (7-02), Brodie (2-04), Kate (12-06), Jordan (9-08), (4-09) & Maggie (3-10)
Old 05-17-2004, 08:19 PM

Wow we dont use that many dipes a day either -- usually 5 from waking up to bath time. Maxi 18 months and slimming down (was a VERY chubby baby) but Wonderoos fit him well with a bit of room to grow, snug around the legs.

I only use one insert (the ones I make, 4 layer hemp jersey) and the dipes are VERY trim and never wick or leak. I would say he is a medium wetter. Depending on the time of the day.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:52 PM

If you want to wash 2 or 3 times a week, you need 3 dozen diapers. If you like the ones you listed, get more of them. Otherwise you'll be frustrated because you'll always be running out.

Tana, wife to Steve (5/02), mom to Ben (7/03), Joey (10/06) and Caroline (9/09)

User Tag List