Is there anyone that's not on the Diaper Fairy list? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-23-2004, 10:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2004, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrmama
I'm not on the list for a variety of reasons...I don't feel like I "know" anyone well enough to fairy them, and would be afraid to offend them, I don't want to seem like I'm asking for something, and I don't have the money to buy the really nice things that everyone else has been sending. Insecurity talking, maybe, but I keep thinking someone would see my name on the list and say, " Why is SHE on there? And who IS she, anyhow?"
My thought EXACTLY! I didnt want people to think I signed up thinking I'd get something for free.

((hugs))) I feel like I dont "know" alot of people really well either, but lately I have been getting to know some new mamas a bit more.
Old 05-23-2004, 10:43 PM

I don't know a lot of the mommy's on here, but I sent the email in. I am hoping that I can meet the mommy's on here and get to know them better this way. I also have gotten a lot of new diapers that are too small or too big for Elizabeth that I am sure some little lady would like to wear.
Old 05-23-2004, 10:58 PM

I am not on it because I feel awkward about the whole thing.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:15 PM

The poor fairy godmothers! They're gonna be spending all week updating all the newcomers just now signing up. I sent my email in. lol

I'm so excited to be a fairy!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2004, 11:44 PM

I don't think I've been a member long enough.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:03 AM

What??? There's a jewelry fairy????
Isn't there a place to tell what you want? Do you list whether you like used or not? I sent an email but am waiting for instruction.....

Seems like the way it's set up you can't give without giving some info on what you want to receive, is that correct??
Old 05-24-2004, 09:48 AM

Quote:
I'm not on the list for a variety of reasons...I don't feel like I "know" anyone well enough to fairy them, and would be afraid to offend them, I don't want to seem like I'm asking for something, and I don't have the money to buy the really nice things that everyone else has been sending. Insecurity talking, maybe, but I keep thinking someone would see my name on the list and say, " Why is SHE on there? And who IS she, anyhow?"
Oh me too, very much so. I did not sign up at first, only later in the game and only so that I could fairy others since those are the rules.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:59 AM

I'm not on the list. I don't even know if I have a tape measure. I think I'll stick with the swap from the heart list on the trading post. But it's a cool idea.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:12 AM

Quote:
ITA! I felt exactly the same way. Sometimes it seems like everyone here knows everyone else and I am barging in on their conversation. But there are also alot of new people here, so I signed up and fairied someone right away. It is so much fun, and I love that it is anonymous (so you don't feel like you are asking for something in return).
Old 05-24-2004, 11:56 AM

I'm not on the list, but that is nly because I don't quite qualify yet. Soon, though, and I'll be able to sign up.

Heather belly.gif,  Jesus Lovin' Homeschoolin' Mama to Noah(9) & Jonah(7), and expecting rainbow1284.gifPatricia Carrylrainbow1284.gif on 8/23/13!!

Heavenly babies: ribbonpb.gif14wks 10/28/04 and stillborn baby at 17wks 10/18/11ribbonpb.gif

Old 05-24-2004, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2noah
I'm not on the list, but that is nly because I don't quite qualify yet. Soon, though, and I'll be able to sign up.
Actually, you do qualify: you've been a member longer than 60 days and you have more than 50 posts. Come on in and sign up!
Old 05-24-2004, 12:13 PM
Banned

how sweet! i think this is such a nice idea... i esp like that if a mama is in need she can be fairied...

well, i have 3 more weeks to go before i could sign up! but i think i will- i love to give gifts!!!

User Tag List