You're on the Fairy List, but haven't been Fairied yet - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-23-2004, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For those of you who have not been fairied AND are on the Fairy List, please post your Fairy Letters here. (think "Dear Santa..." sort of letters) Don't be afraid to ask for the sky... but also include some more grounded wishes, too. You never know who will read this thread!!!

For information on what the heck the Fairy List is, check out this link: http://home.earthlink.net/~jmofarrill/diaperfairy.htm

Spark and her four firecrackers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2004, 10:18 AM

I edited out my letter. As I was reading through these posts to find someone to fairy I clicked on the link for orphans that Heather the Feather put up and I decided to fairy the orphans with paypal. I had read that page before a while back but had no paypal.

My dd had plenty of dipes to cover her bum through potty training so I'm taking out my letter. Please fairy the orphans. Thanks, Corrie

Buy or sell safe scents for your home!! Check out Scentsy!! Start your own business for only $99.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:01 AM

Dear Fairy,
I have been so, so good with my cd'd son and have bought him a little of everything, but I am still working on what will one day be the most beautiful diaper stash ever.
I love AIO's and fitteds and wool covers. Nothing specific and fancy... lol
I like fuzzy buns too and will be having to buy regular-sized prefolds because they are getting too small for my big 3-month-old.
I am fairly new to the cloth-diapering world so anything that I can try out will do!

Thanks diaper fairy! Can't wait to be fairied!
Old 05-23-2004, 11:08 AM

Dear Diaper Fairy~

I have been so good and haven't bought hardly anything for a while and I gave my most beloved FCB newborn embroidered covers to my neice so she would look pretty. I also have given all of my pretty mediums away to her. Now I don't have any pretty covers for DS I am so sad. I would love for you to bring me a medium boyish FCB aio or cover, anything military-ish, or anything that my dh wouldn't complain about putting on b/c it is girly. Or maybe a kiwi pie that is blue! I like fitted diapers, wool, windpro, you name it I like it! Oh fairy I would just like a diaper pick me up. And after payday I will help you make somebody else happy!!!

Thank you fairy!

Doula mama to my 3 bugs
Old 05-23-2004, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

I think this could make Santa jealous! This is great! Keep 'em coming!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:22 AM

Once I get the okay that I can be on the list, I will add mine to here.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:28 AM

Dear diaper fairy,

I have two kiddos in diapers one super big boy in XL (18 months, 33.5 pounds, 13" thigh, 23" waist) and one stocky but normal toddler girl (2.5yo 32 pounds, 12" thight 20.5" wasit)

I'm not picky, it doesnt have to be new and it doesnt have to be expensive. Of couse I want to try the popular stuff, but I love to try anything. I have a new love for wool but still rely on pockets- my favorite thing! I'm not in desperate need since 95% of their diapers I've made for them (so no worries of my naked children)... but I'm a greedy little girl and want some fluff in my mail too!

feeding the fabric addiction works too
Old 05-23-2004, 12:08 PM

I love this idea!!!
I have been wanting to fairy someone so bad. Now I'll know who hasnt been faired yet!!

my baby boy was born Sunday and we have mostly all fuzzy bunz, I would love to try anything new!

http://photos.yahoo.com/angelafaye1975
Old 05-23-2004, 12:09 PM

Dear Diaper Fiary,

I also have two in diapers. Alexander is a L/XL and Holden wears size medium. We're not picky either, and new isn't at all a big deal (heck, I can't afford to put my two in new when I buy them, so I hardly expect a new gift, if that makes sense). I only have one specific wish (if I'm shooting for the stars here) and that would be to find a wool soaker to fit my Alexander. I can't find soakers for a 3 year old bum anywhere.

Homesteading Mama to homeschoolin' kiddos London (10) ; Alexander (8) :; Holden (5) :; and Sergei born at home 8/18/08
Old 05-23-2004, 12:09 PM

Dear Diaper Fairy,

I don't need much so I'll make my list short. I love fitteds, but my little boy needs some more covers. Maybe a cute little boy wool soaker. But the one thing I really really want is Wool wash! As crazy as it seems, I don't have any and I just can't decide what kind I want. So maybe you diaper fairy could chose for me.
You are doing such wonderful work, keep it up!
Old 05-23-2004, 12:31 PM

I'll play

I have 2 in diapers (and 3 still nursing if that makes you take pity on me :LOL). Sarah is a petite 2yo. She wears a medium or a large. She loves Dora, Spongebob and puppies. Becca is 9 months and wears a medium. We love most everything except pockets. I do not have good luck with them. I love to put them in real girly AIOs. We also love fitteds. We love Daisy Doodles, FCB AIOs or Fitteds, and pretty much anything else.

*****ETA we were Fairied!*****
Old 05-23-2004, 12:38 PM

Dear Diaper Fairy,

I have two beautiful girls, a 6 month old in diapers full time, and a 3 year old who wears them just at night. We are not at all picky and would anything, used or homemade is great here too. We wear mostly M/L snapping fitteds and wool covers, premium prefolds and the occasional pocket for going out. We love bright prints, hand dyes, and natural fibers. And, would be just tickled with little treats like wipes or good diaper pins or soap.

We love the diaper fairy!!!

ETA ****we got fairied today******
Old 05-23-2004, 12:55 PM

Quote:
I will leave buckwheat cookies and organic milk out for you
:
Old 05-23-2004, 12:56 PM

Hello to all, I'm a diaper fairy in training, and would love to surprise someone with a wool soaker, shorts or pants.

It seems a lot of folk are looking for wool, but could you please post the measurements that would fit your little one? I'd hate for it to be too small!!!

Thank you and keep watching for the mail man!

Old 05-23-2004, 12:57 PM

This is a great idea! So many of us with two in diapers, as well! Well, I will bite,

Dearest Diaper Fairy,

Hi there. I have been so very, very good. I have been super frugal in looking for bargains, but have not been having much luck finding anything that works for us. Pleae oh please come to our aid!

My eldest is a M/L and my youngest a medium. I am realizing that my toddler really needs side snaps because he keeps getting skinnier-Shooting for the stars, we would love a RB or BBH WIO or a FLAG because they fit him perfectly, but I would love to try any other natural fiber side snap on him. He is seeming more aware his elimination so I am trying to change him every time he is wet to encourage this, so we are pretty short on diapers, even a couple premium prefolds would be a help!

Both boys need wool covers/soaker, and AIOs for the church nursery, which is not shall we say, accustomed to cloth. We love bright colors and animals and cars and other vehicles are favorite toys. We aren't picky about things being brand spankin' new, either.

We promise to be very good to any gift you give us, and sprinkle some Diaper Fairy dust in return. Oh, and my sweet dh makes FABULOUS berry coffee cake which I am sure he would leave for you in order to spare his paycheck some diaper expense. .

~ETA that we got fairied with a couple of scrumtiously soft prefolds. THANKS!~
Old 05-23-2004, 01:05 PM

Dear Diaper Fairy,
I switched Wiley to cloth at almost 4 months with diapers I bought used before he was born. Our stash is tiny; 18 unknown contours, 5 Nikky covers that fit (and 5 still too big), and 5 Bumkins AIOs. We would really like to round out our stash and try a few new things. Especially ones that keep us both dry at night!! Here is my list of things I'm interested in trying:
-hemp fitteds
-a firefly (M/L)
-a snappi diaper
-Bumkins AIOs or covers (prints)
-WAHM AIOs with a trim fit
-Sugarpeas wool with snap-ins (M)
-the time to knit a soaker

Wiley prefers interesting prints and colors over plain white. He is especially fond of sheep and monkeys, as well as frogs. He's really a wild little Tarzan at heart! Thanks!

Jess, mom to Phelan Quinn (9/23/95), Wiley Rogue (10/29/03), and Victor Xerxes (9/10/08) and still married to my giant!
Old 05-23-2004, 01:07 PM

Dont really "need" anything. But fitteds are nice to have... especially ones with no polyester in them. If he wears Poly too much through the day he gets a raw rash.
measurements for wool would be waist 20, rise 18, thigh 11.5
We love bright colors here, too.
Old 05-23-2004, 01:19 PM

Dear Diaper Fairy:

I've been so good this year! I've been getting rid of some diapers that Saige no longer wears and a lot of them have been hyena diapers. This way other babies get to enjoy the great quality.

I currently have 1 in diapers. She is roughly 26lbs. She gets rashy when we have tried wool except for the one time we had a wool soaker, but it was too small. I think she has problems with wool flannel. She loves Dora and anything with princesses on it.

Her and her sister are expecting to have a brother in early Aug. I have gotten him a bunch of newborn sized diapers, but could really use some covers in the newborn size. He also doesn't have much in size small. So anything in size small would be great!

Look forward to hearing from you!

Heather

SAHM to the munchkins (14.5, 11.5, 9.5, 3, and almost 2)
Old 05-23-2004, 01:23 PM

Dearest Fairy,
I will not say that I have been a good girl-because of course I have not! But, my actions should've reflect on my daughter's diapers. We would love just about anything. Homemeade, used, stained-we don't care! :LOL She is a sweet little girl, so maybe something girly?? The only thing I haven't tried are AIO, so I don't know if I like them-but we use mostly FB and sherpa fitteds, but would love to try something NEW!!!
I don't cook, so there will most likely be no milk, cookies, coffee or any of the like.
Just my whole heart full of appreciation!!
Thank you!!
Amber
Old 05-23-2004, 01:30 PM

Dear Diaper Fairy,
I wanna be a hyena when I grow up. Really I do. But I don't have the cash to spend ...and i'll admit it.... i wouldn't know where to start! Right now we have some pocket diapers and a few fitteds and our first wool soakers and shorts. I am feeling the love of wool right now and am constantly stalking the tp to see if anyone will trade wool for pockets or silks. I'd love to get away from pul entirely at some point.

Reaching for the sky I'd say we would love to try any of the incredibly hyena dipes and wools we've been reading about. dh is scared of covers and fitteds so wio's would be awesome... and i've recently seen the fuz. Oh, how i've drooled over the fuz. and since i'm all about silk the new luxebaby silks interest me. Sugarpeas, righteous babies, cloud nine softies - any cute boy fitteds would be so wonderful. And of course any wool. soakers, soaker shorts and if i might be so bold to say it - longies. I love the embellished and embroidered stuff out there but will never be able to buy any of it. I mostly live vicariously thru you all on mdc by looking at your pics and smiling.

anyway, dear diaper fairy - Roman is a year old now and about 23lbs. He has chubby thighs and wears a large in most diapers and covers. The last time i measured him his thighs are 12", the rise with a fitted was 18" and his hips/waist were 20".

Thank you for considering us diaper fairy. And i know i'll be able to pay it forward at some point.
Old 05-23-2004, 01:33 PM

Dear Diaper Faery,

We have been really really good this year, not buying as much as we used to. What I would really love is to try a trickle-free trainer (size 2) as my 2 yo has decided she wants to potty, but is not having the best luck.
Old 05-23-2004, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
O' Fairy O' Fairy,

My baby is in need of some covers- We are using plastic pants (yuck!) She has a cute little bum about a size M/L she is 21lbs 1 year old and pretty thin. She has been very good this year, she has gone from little movement to walking- I say that is progress! She has gone from no words to a mouth full! She can even sign dirty dipie- I mean, really- how cute is that??? We have been good trying not to spend too much money- Mama has made nearly all of Raineys dipes and we are just now venturing out into the world of WAHMs. We are *FITTED* lovers around this house! Thank you diaper fairy! Thank you.....

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

RAINBOW BABY DUE MAY 4th!!!
Old 05-23-2004, 02:45 PM

Dear Diaper Fairy,
I have not expected anything from you, thanks to the outrageous cost of shipping to Finland from the US, where I believe most fairies live.
But..... if for some reason there was a fairy willing to brave the extra dollars it would take for a gift to get to me, I would be happy with anything. Especially plain t-shirts for my son to wear this summer with his wool! (I can't seem to find reasonably priced cotton tees in 12m size around here...only fancy euro boutiques, no wal-mart type places with baby clothes) Or even a fancier shirt with something painted on, like this gorgeous elephant: http://www.elliebelly.com/animals.html scroll down the page a bit.

Love,
Angelica, lover of all things cloth for baby!
Old 05-23-2004, 03:11 PM

Is this for people who have NOT been faired??? :

Shelly- www.hyenacart.com/tyedyedreams 12 years and going strong Bleed free prefolds, flats and clothes
Old 05-23-2004, 03:12 PM

Dear Diaper fairy,

Hey, how's it hangin'? Really? You should get that looked at. Anyways, what I want more than anything is the impossible to get. A Blue Cow print bumkins AIO in a large. I have been a very good girl! I would also like a petite toddler fuzzi bunz to try, and more wipes. I promise, however, that anything would go to a very loving and welcoming home. It will have a wonderful toddler to poop in it, and pee in it, on a constant basis. It will be in the pail with other pooped on pee'd on loved diapers, and thrown into the wash with just the right amount of detergent. When stained, it will be hung on the clothesline in the Oklahoma sun. Thank you so much diaper fairy, if you bring us together.
Old 05-23-2004, 03:27 PM

I haven't seen a fairy around here in a while. If she were to make a stop I think Caleb would like some preimuim sized TDD prefolds, a nice bright soaker (10'' thigh, 20'' waist, at least 18'' rise), some size 12 or 18 month cloth/AP/babywearing/intact advocacy clothes, and anything else a kind fairy would like to drop on by. Caleb says he is 20 pounds and 7 months old.

Thanks!
Old 05-23-2004, 03:31 PM

Dear Fairy,
I would love some fitteds, any would be fine. Wool is awsome! Wool measurments are Waist 20, Rise 20 & legs 9.5. Used is fine too! Girly is nice, but not needed.
Old 05-23-2004, 03:37 PM

Deaw Diapew Faiwy,
My mommy hasn been vewy good but I got a big owie on my tongue ana tweat would be vewy fun.....just no food cause it huwts to eat. I wike puppy's and kitty's and fiahtucks (firetrucks) my favowite cowor is yehwo (yellow) and owange (orange). Mommy says I need some wawge (large) fitteds cause I'm a big boy and she says woow (wool) jewsey covews are fun. Now dat my mommys done with HER wish wist I want....some bahs (balls) and bwocks (blocks) and I wuve baff (bath) time so any baff fwuff is fun.

Fank you,
Nafan Peanut
Old 05-23-2004, 04:06 PM

Dear Fairy,

Please send Giraffelovinmama a beautiful Mosaic Moon soaker for Maggie. If I had gotten one in the last stocking, I'd have fairied it to her myself, but, alas, I missed the stocking.

When you're done with that one, if you could get the Canadian retailers to start carrying Downey Advance, that would rock. I'm sending some to some mommas up there, but it would rock if they could get it themselves at the local grocery store.

I also hear that Leslie at KHW is busy putting packages together for the orphans in Haiti... maybe you could bring some diapers to her and then bring back one of those adorable babies for me??? I can always find room for one more in need.

The only thing I can think of that I *need* is the time to learn how to practice learning to knit so I can make my own soakers someday??? Oh, and more patience so I don't get so overwhelmed LOL!!

Thanks!

Lo
Old 05-23-2004, 04:11 PM

Dear Diaper Fairy,
I tried to drop a letter to you at the Post Office, but the mailman said he didn't have the proper address. He recommended that I put it in the "Santa" box, but I knew "Santa" wouldn't be able help me out. He also recommended the "Tooth Fairy", but I was afraid the she would get confused and send me FLOSS instead of FLAGS. Ahhhh well...imagine my happiness when this thread popped up this morning. :LOL

Edited: We have so much and other babies have so little. Diaper Fairy, please give to http://www.aidfororphans.org/diapers.htm instead.
Thanks diaper Fairy, and keep up the fantabulous work!
Love,
Tina and Truman

Tina ~ SAHcarrot.gif- head Mama to - 

DS blowkiss.gif(07/'03), DD energy.gif(05'05), DS, unplanned UC sleepytime.gif(01/'09), DD joy.gif(06/'11) ...

SURPRISE!  dizzy.gifNew little one, due Sept. 2013

User Tag List