Watcha think of this? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 66 Old 05-29-2004, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Beautiful cover! I thought the auction was well done... I would buy it if I were in the market for another wool cover...

KHG Accounting : Tax , Accounting and Quickbooks services.
File your taxes online for FREE - 39.95. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
#62 of 66 Old 05-29-2004, 05:29 PM

This bearbums is NOT the Bear Bumz that did cuddlebuns. I'm pretty sure the cuddleWAHM changed her name in part because of the confusion. I have some of mommyhenderson's AIO's and I personally didn't like them, but this wool cover looks interresting, and the blue set is cute.
#63 of 66 Old 05-29-2004, 06:00 PM

I think it looks very well made. Unfortunately I don't like front aplix. Yes, you can get a great fit with front-aplix but those always seem to create great "handles" for my kids to use to rrrrrrrrrrrriiiippp those puppies off and run around in the butt at the drop of a hat. : I'd also be concerned about the aplix only being sewn on 2 of the 4 sides, I have quite a few diaper/AIO/covers that the aplix has started to come up on 1 or more sides and I need to re-sew them down... I'd be afraid with only 2 sides there would be greater stress on it and it would rip out even easier.

I rarely will bid on an item that doesn't accept Paypal. It's just easier for me to use Paypal and not have to hassle with getting a MO someplace. And it is totally her peragative to only accept certain forms of payment (I'm the same way with my auctions I only accept Paypal ). That being said it is a very nicely layed out auction, looks very professional.

I don't see where people got nasty about it, everyone does have a different opinion though on what is considered funny, rude, a statement of opinion and an observation.
#64 of 66 Old 05-29-2004, 06:08 PM
rad

I think it's a beautiful cover. I love the set she has. It would fit DD very well. And if DH wouldn't blow an O-ring over me purchasing yet another wool cover I'd be bidding on it now.

I will admit that M.O. aren't as easy for me, but that's really not going to hold me back from bidding on something. As for her comment, I didn't even notice it or think anything of it until it was brought up here. I think it was witty personally. I think it's sad that people were so mean about it. I felt hurt for her.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#65 of 66 Old 05-29-2004, 06:12 PM

I took the comment light hearted. The sewing is beautful. I've bought a few of her bear bumz and when I had a problem with one coming loose and she offered to fix it. I thought they were really well made but the cut was a little small for my boys. Nice mama though
#66 of 66 Old 05-29-2004, 07:43 PM

I think it is beautiful! If I liked wool, I would definitely be interested in trying it!

The gift comment is no biggie to me....she was just being light-hearted!

Mom of 3 sons and one daughter

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page