Mothering Forum banner

Flushable Liners - Tell me your thoughts! Please!

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  TealCandy 
#1 ·
There seem to be a lot of cloth diapering folks out there that claim that these things are amazing! I have heard that they are really, really bad for septic/sewage systems. What are your thoughts? Are they as awesome as folks say? Worth putting some on my baby registry? I am feeling really torn.

#2 · (Edited)
I loved the flush able liners and we used them with a septic system for 3 years with no problems, I don't know what I would have done without them especially when the little one is done breastfeeding they make it so much easier to clean diapers messes. They are worth the money in my opinion. Oh it also helps to pay attention to when baby usually goes poo that way you don't have to put a liner in every diaper you use, they last a lot longer if your only using one or two liners a day VS lining every diaper all day. Hope that helps

#4 ·
We've been using the Grovia liners (we order 3 rolls at a time from Amazon) for over a year and love them. We put one in every diaper and go through about a roll per month. It adds to the cost, but is so worth it for us, especially since lo is in daycare full-time and I really have no interest in spraying diapers.

#5 ·
I hated them. I felt they moved around, got bunched up, and were useless. I had to both deal with the liner and then spray the diaper anyway.

Maybe it depends on the age and activity level of the baby. My son used them for a few weeks at about 15 mon old. I never even finished using the roll.

#6 ·
We got a free roll and got hooked! They're useless with exclusively breastfed poop, so wonderful with the weird transition poop when they 1st start dabbing in table food, and are nice with toddler poop. We only use them when we know a poop is coming. Also, I don't know if our affection would be as strong if we were able to use our diaper sprayer (the hose on the back of the toilet where you connect the sprayer is welded shut on our only toilet for some reason. Since we rent, we're out of luck).
We've just begun using imse vimse. They are stiff and seem uncomfortable. Sometimes they wad up. They seem to stick to his bottom a lot. I don't like them at all. I'm not sure yet how well they'll break down. We used tidy tots brand previously and those are GREAT! They never wad up, feel as comfy as the diaper itself, and definitely break down. You can technically reuse them if they've only been peed on (but they're sort of shriveled after washing) so I've seen a lot of them come through the washer. You can see them breaking down and falling apart when they come out, especially if we accidentally wash them after using them twice. I figure, if they're breaking down in the washer, they'll also break down in a septic tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.