Mothering Forum banner

really need an answer!

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  qigunblop 
#1 ·
I bought "fleece" at Walmart intending to use it to top the hemp doublers I am going to make but now I don't know if it is the right type of fleece to do that. It is thicker than the other fleece I've bought to cut liners.
I don't want to sew a dozen doublers with fleece that is going to repel instead of absorb!! help!!

#3 ·
I don't think walmart fleece is the absorbing variety (i wasn't aware there was absorbent fleece?). Any fleece i've used from there has worked great to help small amounts of moisture through so that wet things can breathe. I have fleece as backing to my momma cloth pads that I made. No blood ever gets through, but the moisture does and evaporates. I don't think that's what you are going for though in the case of a doubler. You may be looking for microfiber maybe?

#4 ·
If it's polyester/polar fleece, then, no, it's not absorbent. Moisture will go right through it. Maybe it could be used as a stay-dry layer on top of some other absorbent stuff? I don't know, I've never made diapers or doublers. But I have seen the word "fleece" to mean any fuzzy material--hemp fleece, wool fleece, etc. It's definitely confusing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.