Your favorite newborn system - Mothering Forums

#1 of 9 Old 07-05-2015, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Your favorite newborn system

What's your favorite system for diapering your newborn?

You have to believe in yourself. That's the secret of success.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 07-06-2015, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Prefolds with covers. None of our pocket or AIO diapers fit my daughter when she was a newborn.
#3 of 9 Old 07-13-2015, 08:19 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Cloth-Eez Workhorse fitted diapers with Dappi pull-on nylon pants. I wrote all about them here.

Mama to a boy EnviroKid
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
11 years old and a girl EnviroBaby
1 year old!
I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more.
#4 of 9 Old 07-19-2015, 07:06 PM

Prefolds and covers during the day and all in ones for night.

At any moment, you have a choice, that either leads you closer to your spirit or further away from it.
#5 of 9 Old 07-19-2015, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for sharing! I decide to add some prefolds to my stash. Which brand would you recommend?

You have to believe in yourself. That's the secret of success.
#6 of 9 Old 07-20-2015, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Fitteds with covers. My favorite covers are blueberry mini coveralls. I also like blueberry nb simplex.

Great works are performed not by strengh, but by perseverance.
#7 of 9 Old 07-21-2015, 07:38 PM

GMD workhorses with blueberry mini coveralls. I'd also add a couple stretchy bamboo flats next time.

3 words, 8 letters, 3 syllables, 5 vowels, 3 consonants, 2 nouns, one emotion, many meanings, a big lie, a rare truth: I Love You.
#8 of 9 Old 07-21-2015, 07:54 PM

A mix of gmd prefolds and workhorses. Our favorite covers were thirsties and rumparooz.
#9 of 9 Old 09-24-2015, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was interested to hear what other mommas have liked. I am planning to CD this newbie hopefully from day 1. It seems like the consensus is that pockets and AIO's just don't work well overall, plus are pretty expensive. If I had unlimited funds I think I would go with GMD NB fitteds and Disana wool pull-ons. Since I don't I am planning on just 6 fitteds, 1.5 doz GMD flats, and about a doz personally tailored Gerber prefolds that I used with my first dd. A word of warning about the Gerber prefolds- the only ones that are even worth fooling with are the "premium" 100% cotton 4-6-4 ply. They put a polyester pad in the middle of some that just adds bulk with no absorbancy. Even if you manage to find some premium ones they measure 12"w X 17" L and never fit quite right. That is why I am going to cut them down to 11"L . GMD prefolds measure 11"x11" so it will be a good fit for a newbie. Plus the 4-6-4 ply will work much better for a newbie than for an older babie. I do love that flats and even prefolds can be used for the rest of the cloth diapering time whereas fitteds aren't nearly as versatile. I also plan to order 4 Thirsties Duo Wrap sz 1 with snaps covers because they seem to fit newborns really well but also grow some. Plus one NB size Disana wool pull-on to use with the fitteds at night. A recommendation for when baby is older is to get some Econobum OS covers. They are great once baby is a little bigger. Well anyways, it's fun to talk NB fluff!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page