Who Loves their PF's? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 78 Old 07-09-2004, 04:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love my prefolds....considering it is most of my stash, I'd better :LOL

We use the bikini twist as DD has chunky thighs and alot of junk in the trunk, but she hates having a wide diaper between her legs. She has this tiny pelic area, but huge thighs, butt and belly. The twist allows a fold down under the belly.

They are also quick to dry (3 hours outside) and are great when we are battling that dang rash and have to change dd every pee.

They are soooo versitile. snappie, pins, trifolded in a cover. Laid under the babe for naked time. They absorb much quicker than a towel.

Plus I have 3 dyed pink ones . Curtesy of Nym.
#62 of 78 Old 07-15-2004, 06:39 PM

I am going to try the loveybums place! Thanks!
#63 of 78 Old 07-15-2004, 08:00 PM

I love prefolds too. The prob is that DH won't touch 'em, so I'm stuck with diaper duty and DS is in 'sposie when I work.

What is the newspaper fold? And does bikini fold squish baby boys' parts too much? (seems like it would) Gonna try the sideroll w/next diaper change! Great idea!

Monica , DH :cop , DD (8) , DS1 (5) , DS2 (2/09) , and the pup
#64 of 78 Old 07-23-2004, 10:14 AM

I am going to dye some prefolds this weekend! We are going tonight to get the dye. How exciting. This is also what I am giving as a gift to a few friends who are having babies soon! (none want to cloth diaper I don't think but how cute a tie dyed prefold and onesie????? I think they will look ) Well talk with you later.........
#65 of 78 Old 07-23-2004, 10:54 AM

I my ubcpfs. It's the base of my stash right now as I'm slowly building. I trying the different folds and get so : when I'm able to contain a poop!!! (I know, it's the little things that thrill me ) DS is quickly growing out of his infants (at 3 mo) so I'm going to have to get regulars or premiums soom. I wish I wasn't :boypin impaired All well.... "CPFS, CPFS, CPFS"

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

#66 of 78 Old 07-23-2004, 11:18 AM

I love my indian prefolds!! They are great. I still use my ME OS for night because I cant quite get a tight enough fit around the legs. my dd has very little chicken legs. However that is all we use for daytime
#67 of 78 Old 07-23-2004, 11:21 AM

nak- how are indian pf's different from cpfs?

Monica , DH :cop , DD (8) , DS1 (5) , DS2 (2/09) , and the pup
#68 of 78 Old 07-23-2004, 11:26 AM

I think they are much softer. they are also smaller. my premium cpf is huge on my dd, but the ipf fits great!
#69 of 78 Old 07-23-2004, 12:07 PM

I my prefolds! I have a few cute fitteds but I always reach for my pfs first. I am even thinking of making them a little snazzier with dyeing and sewing. We are using the premium size with dd and she is only 3 months old and ~16 pounds. I do a bikini twist with it folded down in back and I think it is pretty darn trim.
#70 of 78 Old 07-23-2004, 12:18 PM

I love my CPF's too!! Granted, it's all I use, but I think they are great!! My 2 yr. old DD uses a toddler one as a blankey sometimes, and likes how soft they are.

#71 of 78 Old 07-23-2004, 12:25 PM

Well I am just starting to maybe like them How is THAT for an answer! I had two snappis and one broke!!! and one is lost in nowheredom so I am using my PFs under a snug fitting Little Caboose 1 wool cover right now and I am kinda liking em
#72 of 78 Old 07-23-2004, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

I am curious to try indian pf's. Does anyone have any fsot?
#73 of 78 Old 07-24-2004, 12:50 PM

My daughter wears a premium and so I ordered that and got Toddler! I am not going to put forth the effort for an exchange as its silly to bother. However what would you mommas do with a dipe that is to large? What would the fold be? I have tried a bikini twist where I simply twist the diaper so the majority of fabric is in the croch. That shortens it some but not enough! I didn't realize how skinny she had gotten! (growing taller!) Shes nearly two so like I said an exchange would be silly a premium fits perfectly IMO.
#74 of 78 Old 07-24-2004, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel04345
My daughter wears a premium and so I ordered that and got Toddler! I am not going to put forth the effort for an exchange as its silly to bother. However what would you mommas do with a dipe that is to large? What would the fold be? I have tried a bikini twist where I simply twist the diaper so the majority of fabric is in the croch. That shortens it some but not enough! I didn't realize how skinny she had gotten! (growing taller!) Shes nearly two so like I said an exchange would be silly a premium fits perfectly IMO.
I like the idea of using a toddler pf for a changing pad
My ds is 26 months and still in premiums. I don't think he will ever grow into the toddler size. But he is on the small side.
#75 of 78 Old 07-25-2004, 10:33 AM

Thats an idea! I hadn't thought of that! The toddler ones are really quite a bit larger and I don't know that my daughter will ever really fit in one either! Oh and a story I thought you all would appreciate. My daughter and my husband were running all around the house chasing one another. This involved climbing over the bed and even jumping on it, oh and lets not forget getting back down! She was wearing a prefold and snappi. The snappi came undone and the diaper was hanging between her legs! She was Screaming. I asked what was wrong and she said "My diaper!" Just thought I'd share a story of a snappi gone bad!
#76 of 78 Old 07-29-2004, 08:00 PM

I was doing a search for more PFs and wanted to say that I love CPFs and am in the minority when I say that I totally prefer them over fitteds! They are my dipe of choice and I have cd'd almost 3 kids and tried a lot of stuff!

Full Time Student Mama with a teenager blahblah.gif  a cool tween Peace.gif a rockin kid jammin.gif a pretty fairy  hearts.gifand a non-stop running machine joy.gif and still shouting about lactivist.gif  intactivist.gif  delayedvax.gif and signcirc1.gif
#77 of 78 Old 07-30-2004, 04:48 PM

They are so easy to put on and to wash. We've been cloth diapering for 6 years, and while I've strayed (Pockets and fitteds are so cute and tempting!) I always come back to my prefolds

With our last baby I finally broke down and bought a snappi. I find it so much easier than pinning, and it contains those messes better than pins for me. Of course, I never did quite get pinning!

I just sold all of my FB and Wonderoos because my baby is sensitive to synthetic fibers. I was very thankful to have my wonderful PFs to sooth her bottom! Now (except for a few fitteds for night) our whole stash is prefolds. Love them!

Jenica - Blessed Mom to (12), (9), (6), : (2), and with a January surprise!
Missing precious Leo Malachi - m/c 7/06
#78 of 78 Old 07-30-2004, 05:13 PM

Pf's are all we've ever used in 4 years of cd'ing, and I don't plan to try anything else--I like saving as much money as possible. We used proraps for ds, and now pull-on nylon covers with pinned or snappi'd dipes for dd, and will do the same for #3. When we're at home dd goes coverless during the day. We've had very few leaks in all our years of using prefolds, especially since learning the bikini twist and jelly roll folds instead of just trifolding in a prorap. I've recently become quite adept at pinning a prefold very snug and prefer it to a snappi--stays put much better. I am thinking of dying some prefolds just for fun, if I can find the time. I just bought some flour sack towels today to use as flats, for just $5 a 5-pack, and I'm looking forward to trying those after doing an initial wash.

Heather, Mama to DS(10) DD(7.5),DD(6)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page