Who Loves their PF's? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 78 Old 06-04-2004, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I absolutly LOVE my UBCPF's. Dd is starting to outgrow the infant size but the premiums are still VERY big. I use snappis almost exclusively with snaping covers and while there is still room in them to pin I am really looking for a cool fold for the premiums. I seem to remember a website that had a bunch of different folds for pf's but I cant find it. So I am looking for sugestions.
#2 of 78 Old 06-04-2004, 09:22 PM

Not me!!!! I never could get into them -- I tried a few times (newborn and later around 8 months). Glad they work so well for you though -- I know a lot of people love them and there are a lot of really cool folds out there.

Good luck!
#3 of 78 Old 06-04-2004, 09:23 PM

I'm in the same boat with ya- infants are getting a bit snug, premiums are WAY too big, regulars fit. I find that the bikini twist gives me extra room on the edges to snappi. Try this link:
http://kfegelman.home.comcast.net/pf_folds.html
for folding techniques, but I didn't see anything on folding premiums that were too big!
#4 of 78 Old 06-04-2004, 09:30 PM

I am starting to love my prefolds. I saw someone on here post about doing "sidewalls", so I do a combination of that with a bikini twist. My baby has chunky thighs, so the bikini twist works great for us. Right now, I prefer regular sized- the premiums are still too bulky.
#5 of 78 Old 06-04-2004, 09:30 PM

I love them too!! Sold a bunch of my favorite fitteds this week just to get some more pretty prefolds! I think Doodlebottoms has some things about folds. .

http://www.doodlebottoms.com/store/

Jodie, married to my best friend and Mama to three amazing kiddos, Jack (6), Matthew (4) and Sam (21 months) and cautiously waiting for a new little one due early spring (shhh, it's a secret!)
#6 of 78 Old 06-04-2004, 09:39 PM

Here is the link to the Sidewall Fold Thread . There is a link with pictures of how to do it. It works great with premiums!
#7 of 78 Old 06-04-2004, 10:23 PM

I guess I'm majorly low maintenance LOL. I just fold my PFs into thirds, fold it over (they are premiums and a bit too large) throw a piece of fleece on top and just hold it in with a fleece cover.

I save my fitteds and pockets for outings

: Karen, wife to my : Mad Scientist and mama to :Emma (10-21-03).
I spend my days : : and seeing how many smilies I can fit in my siggy.
#8 of 78 Old 06-04-2004, 11:01 PM

Me! Me! I love my CPF's!

I found that once my daughter was outgrowing the infant size using the newspaper fold, I switched to bikini twist and that gave her much more room in the hips.

Now I use the newspaper fold with the premium size CPF's. They were really big at first, but you won't believe how quickly they grow into them! I wouldn't bother buying the regular size CPFs - the premiums won't seem very big for long.
#9 of 78 Old 06-05-2004, 01:46 PM

I my cpf's too! I use cpf's 98% of the time and am so happy with them.

I love how they have no elastic so they don't leave red marks on baby. I love how cute they look. I love how breathable they are. I love how they look when ! I just them!

I use the newspaper fold on ds too. He wears regulars and premuims.

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#10 of 78 Old 06-05-2004, 01:54 PM

Ever since the sidewall fold!!!

I am starting to LOVE the tie dye ones and need more
#11 of 78 Old 06-05-2004, 01:56 PM
Ok

We love PFs here too, but are caught between sizes too. So I'm reaching for fitteds the most.

I was hoping to find the time to do some experimenting with turning a couple into "fitteds" that might buy some time with them. But time is time and runs away...

Really does seem like there should be an inbetween size from infant to that bigger size...
#12 of 78 Old 06-05-2004, 02:22 PM

Love them!!! I keep trying to find a good deal (aka cheap) dyed prefolds, I love the colors and think itd be fun to use them. But I cant justify spending 4.00 for them.
#13 of 78 Old 06-05-2004, 03:07 PM

Ever since I tried out the "sidewall" fold a few weeks ago, I've been really feeling the pf , LOL. Until then, I tried all the various folds, but poop would always leak onto my covers. And, since I recently switched to wool, I wasn't loving that at ALL!

But the sidewall fold is an invention of genius , and after just dealing with four days of a toddler with diahrrea, I can proudly say, NOT a single LEAK!!! Now if THAT isn't a testimony to a well-folded pf, I don't what is...

Kind regards,
Guin

caffix.giftoddler.gifnocirc.gifBusy, grateful mama to: Kieran (12); Hanna (10); Cameron (8);
Charlotte (6);Sophie (5) Down Syndrome & so beautiful! brokenheart.gif(9/08), & rainbow1284.gifDuncan 8/26/09
#14 of 78 Old 06-05-2004, 03:14 PM

I want to love pfs...I use em but it seems hit and miss whether they will contain the runny poo. Sometimes they do and I go yay I like these...and other times they don't and I say never again (only to pull them out and try again). I use the sidewall fold and it has been best and keeping things in but it seems it just gets loose on her the longer she has it on...how do you keep the legs snug?
#15 of 78 Old 06-05-2004, 03:14 PM

I really liked PFs on dd when she was a newborn
#16 of 78 Old 06-05-2004, 03:21 PM

I've started to use the few premiums I've got for greg, who is now just starting to ourgrow the infants. I do the sidewall (still amazed that y'all love it so much, LOL! So proud of myself!) and then fold the front down
#17 of 78 Old 06-05-2004, 03:57 PM

I love my UBIPFs for around the house and daytime. They are a really cheap way to diaper and after I got the hang of them really easy. I like them because when we are home all day the baby goes coverless and I change at every pee so sometimes I'm changing 2-3 times in one hour, much cheaper and easier to just use pfs. I use the sidewall fold with a snappi and for naps I trifold in a bummis wrap.
#18 of 78 Old 06-05-2004, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Oh wow, this is great. I never expected such a great responce. I am going to have to try out the side wall fold. This morning I tried out one of my premiums with the newspaper fold and it was bulky but okay. I agree that the regulars arn't worth the investment. I think I will have to double my premiums and sell off my infant. Any takers??? I will list them on the TP soon.
#19 of 78 Old 06-05-2004, 05:44 PM

I love my prefolds, too! Ds has been wearing premiums for awhile -- super bulky at first, but it's getting better... now we bikini twist and fold the extra length down in front. I'm going to give that sidewall fold a try, but I don't see where to put the extra bulk -- do I fold down the back first?

Prefolds -- so lovely, so cheap!
#20 of 78 Old 06-05-2004, 06:24 PM

Lubs em. And I love that sidewall fold (didn't someone refer to it as the jellyroll fold?). It works faboo.
#21 of 78 Old 06-05-2004, 06:45 PM
Banned

I love my UBCPFs, too!!

We're simple, we either do a very basic fold or I trifold and fold down the front portion to make a poo pocket. I have moved to doing laundry every third day, so she's in PFs for two of those days and fitted the other one.

There is something so simple and sweet about a prefold and a natural wool cover.
#22 of 78 Old 06-05-2004, 08:38 PM

Love my prefolds!!! I know that Jenn had some pics for how to do the bikini twist, Oh Jenn where are you????
#23 of 78 Old 06-05-2004, 08:59 PM

I mostly cloth diaper my daughter although some people like nani and gram refuse! LOL I was told by all cloth diapering friends not to bother. I have a pretty expensive stash now! nearly all AIO's and a few fitteds. (take a while to dry!) So I am curious what is this fold your talking about and for the next baby (were trying to get pregnant should be ovulating soon!) what would I want to buy for a prefold????? I have heard chineese prefolds are best very thick and absorbant but I don't know what do you think and where do you get pretty ones? Couldn't we tie dye them ourselves????!!! I think it would be fun!
#24 of 78 Old 06-05-2004, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

As you can see by this thread, lots of us Love our CPF's. I would like to dye mine but I have never done it so I have no advice for you except ask around here. Lots of mom's do it. And pf's can be difficult to get used to, especially if you use mostly AIO's. But you'll get the hang of it. They are so cheap, IMO they should be a staple in everyones stash.
#25 of 78 Old 06-19-2004, 08:54 AM

I bought a dozen! I will try them but I am scared! LOL I also bought a couple more fuzzi bunz. Has anyone here tried wonderoos???? We are trying to get pregnant and it would be nice to be able to use dipes I buy Ali for the new baby from the start! Storing dipes is not my idea of fun!
#26 of 78 Old 06-19-2004, 09:34 AM

Don't be scared!! I was a little worried about getting the hang of folding too. Just find some pictures online, and after a couple of diaper changes, ypu'll be a pro! I find bikini twist to be the easiest/fastest for me.

Can't comment on the other dipes, but we do have a wonderoo coming in the mail soon.

Stefanie

I know you can get some hand dyed ones (solid colors, not tie dyed) at www.sunflowerderrieres.com
#27 of 78 Old 06-19-2004, 11:57 AM

How do you dye prefolds? Will Kool Aid work?
#28 of 78 Old 06-19-2004, 12:08 PM

Okay, am I the only one who thinks the bikini twist just looks messy with a snappi? It makes me sad to see it, all wonky when I take off his cover. The newspaper fold just stays so neat and tidy (well, most of the tie)...am I missing something? Or am I just anal and everyone just lives with it? I fold down the front with bikini twist, BTW! Front-wetting boy...
#29 of 78 Old 06-19-2004, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Dimples
Okay, am I the only one who thinks the bikini twist just looks messy with a snappi? It makes me sad to see it, all wonky when I take off his cover. The newspaper fold just stays so neat and tidy (well, most of the tie)...am I missing something? Or am I just anal and everyone just lives with it? I fold down the front with bikini twist, BTW! Front-wetting boy...
I don't like the bikini twist for the same reason. we do the newspaper fold here and love our prefolds with a soaker over them. Super breathable and cute. But I have to put a cover on now ds knows how to take off the snappi.
#30 of 78 Old 06-19-2004, 12:58 PM

Patiently awaiting the rest of my CPF's

Thanks, Jen!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page