OMG OMG OMG she CUT IT OFF!!! OMG - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-10-2004, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
EEEEEK! Glad she didn't cut anything else off your poor little guy at that rate!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2004, 06:26 PM

Offer to watch her kids and take them swimming in your backyard wading pool

then cut off their clothing before changing them into swimsuits
Old 06-10-2004, 06:31 PM
Banned

You know, i really think that sometimes people that don't like us using cloth and think we're weird, do that stuff out of spite and to 'get us' in a bizzare passive aggressive way . God, that pisses me off! I would FAR rather them say: "Ya know, i really don't like using your cloth, though i know how much you love it. I do want to help you out and keep your kids, but could you please provide me with sposies."

I would be happy to honor that request even if i was sad they didn't appreciate cloth; that at least is honest and clear and unoffensive. Ugh.
Old 06-10-2004, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel3612
Wasnt she the one that had the box of cereal in the boys room?
YES!! This was her, "but mom ALWAYS lets us dump out a whole box of shredded wheat on the floor and tap dance on it" and the other time it was um fruit loops I think LOL
Old 06-10-2004, 09:18 PM

OMG! I would have killed her! How could any adult be so so so stupid???
Old 06-10-2004, 09:52 PM

wow. that is amazing! wtf?? to say she is naive is the biggest understatement! I'm so sorry for you soaker (but so glad your boy didn't get cut!).

namaste.gif

Old 06-10-2004, 11:03 PM

I'm sure your 5 yr old COULD manage a diaper change. Next time, just make it clear who is actually in charge, and who just opens the kool-aid and speaks to the authorities if needed.

No hope if it's that empty upstairs!

-Kimberly
Old 06-10-2004, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimisaur
I'm sure your 5 yr old COULD manage a diaper change. Next time, just make it clear who is actually in charge, and who just opens the kool-aid and speaks to the authorities if needed.
LMAO my 5 yr old would just LOVE that! LOL "no I am in charge, and Jaden can NOT have another pop tart, he will be a spaz all day!!" I can hear it from him now....hand on hip little 5 yr old sass...."Hand over the sissors young lady and get me some wipes, I will show you how it is done!" heheheheh
Old 06-10-2004, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemigogo
You know, i really think that sometimes people that don't like us using cloth and think we're weird, do that stuff out of spite and to 'get us' in a bizzare passive aggressive way
Yeah, that is what I was getting at above. I've known people whose dh will do this will do stuff like this thinking that if they are dumb/distructive enough the "cd lover" will give in and get them sposies like the rest of the world.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:38 PM

I am suddenly VERY thankful that my ils have NEVER babysat and never will babysit for ANY of my kids. They would do something like that. I think I would have a heartattack if I found my soaker cut.

Michelle

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:43 PM

wow, you mamas have some nice stashes! I love looking at the pictures. I want to share, too. Hopefully I can get them photographed tomorrow.

namaste.gif

Old 06-10-2004, 11:48 PM
cjr

That's almost hard to believe...that someone would be that dense (or just plain lazy) to cut any cloth article off of a baby never mind a wool soaker!

Old 06-11-2004, 12:11 AM

I'll say a little prayer for the wool soaker! That sounds like something my dh might do, but he would know how much in trouble he would be if that happened! :LOL
Old 06-11-2004, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyngirl
Ok I'm trying to get into your SIL head-it seems there is a lot of room there. So here is my conjecture on what transpired on this tragic day:

She didn't change your babe when he got up. There was too much going on with the Hi-C and the pop tarts. Time passes and everyone (including SIL) is a bit hyper from the snacks. She finally looks at the clock and it dawns on her that your dh is about to get home. There is your babe still in the same morning dipe w/soaker which is now completely saturated through and through. (Ok I don't have a wool soaker but I don't think any wool soaker could have gone that long.) Anyone ever tried to untie a wet knot??? She tries and tries. The clock is ticking. Boy will folks be pissed if this baby is still in the same diaper. Finally out of poor desperation she tries to use the scissors to undo the wet knot (risking life and limb) but it just won't budge. Adding to her mounting panic is you ds talking about the special wool. Finally, she just cuts your babe out of the soaker with only minutes to spare. She run and hides it. She knows you'll be mad but this will give her enough time to escape before the sh*** hits the fan. She figures you'll be mad but that it will wear off and just maybe you'll be so appreciative about her watching the kids that you'll let her slide a bit.

Obviously, I watch too much court tv.
ROFLMAO!!!!!!! :
Old 06-11-2004, 11:44 AM

my grandmother (God rest her soul) cut one of my sons fleece pullovers off of him. It had a zipper but it got stuck so she cut it off. : I was flabbergasted. But I couldn't stay mad at her. But she was 83 I don't know what I would have done to a 39 year old woman. : I probably would have had to hurt her. I think it's smart of you to not talk to her right now. Just let it go if you can. Hugs,

notes2.gifDina sahm to geek.gif, bikenew.gif, and joy.gif. I'm always computergeek2.gif, dishes.gif andhang.gif.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:30 PM

Oh Marnie...

Send her a bill in the mail. I can't believe she didn't even tell you! And I can't believe she didn't just cut the string and then offer profuse apologies. Nitwit.

User Tag List