Prefolds and Wool Soakers - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 03-06-2016, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Prefolds and Wool Soakers

Hello! It's been 8 years since my youngest son was in diapers. Back then I used prefolds and Polar Babies fleece diaper covers. I will definitely be using prefolds again, as the local diaper service deals exclusively in prefolds. I am interested in trying to strictly use wool this time. I've never used wool before and my question is this: Can I pull a wool soaker directly over a prefold or is there another layer that I am missing? I know there are wool snap-on covers but I am drawn to the pull-on sort. I understand I will need to use pins or a snappy but can I get by with just the prefolds and soakers? Thank you for any advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 03-08-2016, 10:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's funny- it's been almost 8 years since my youngest was born, too, but now we're due in September. I used a variety of diapers with my last two, but my absolute favorite was a prefold with a wool soaker. We used the woolies as shorts or pants for my daughter and it was the easiest thing! You do not need an extra layer at all. I usually washed all my wool once a month with good lanolizing wool soap (but a little more frequently for my most-used covers). I loved fleece, too, but it was so easy to make recycled-sweater woolies, we had plenty around.

I hope that helps!

Enjoying my DDs: 11/95, 06/06, 04/08, and DS (!?!) 8/16 . Married to my soulmate.
Got to admit it's getting better, getting better all the time.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page