Short and straight to the point.

http://www.whattoexpect.com/diaperin...sposables.aspx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 08-23-2016, 02:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think that each product has its pros and cons. Each thing will find its buyer) I prefer cloth diapers for my child as she feels comfortable in them.

Happy mom and skin care blogger =)
Want to look beautiful at any age? Read about the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 of 12 Old 01-27-2017, 03:27 AM

I agree with Ambrossimo, each product has pros and cons so better choose those diapers in which the baby feels comfortable.

#4 of 12 Old 02-01-2017, 11:58 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
It definitely depends on the baby's preferences. Some brands make them itch. Some make them comfortable which is great especially during bed time.
#5 of 12 Old 02-06-2017, 08:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm new to these boards, and don't know how cloth diapers work. Are these re-usable washable diapers? How do you remove poop from them prior to throwing them into the washing machine? I'm confused.

Anyway, we use disposables. Our LO never had a problem with them and we tried several kinds (Honest, Huggies, etc). He did have problems with chemical wipes and we stopped using them. He ended up getting diaper rash from the wipes and I felt terrible. We only use water wipes now and for a while I used a peri-bottle/napkin approach. I also let him go diaper free for hours a day for a week to see if that helped but it didn't seem to do much. What helped was vaseline type cream application after every poo, removing chemical wipes from the equation, and frequent diaper changes.
#6 of 12 Old 02-08-2017, 05:11 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
cloth diapers

Cloth Diapers are (obviously) washable, you dump the poo into the toilet, then soak in a pail etc. There are lots of styles from pieces of cloth and actual pins to manufactured cloth diapers complete with waterproof outer layer, and snaps, mimicking disposables. You may not wash them yourself if you go with a diaper company. Yes, cloth diapers can be hard on your washing machine, and yes they can be time consuming and tricky if you are out of the house a lot/visiting etc. The old ones were kind of sloppy, so you'd maybe get blowouts or penis escapes etc. Also, they aren't small enough for preemies, and they mean bigger pant buts will be required. And they may need more frequent changes as disposables seem to soak up the world. What are the advantages? Re-usable, kid senses when they pee, not paper based. If you have a big messy poo, you can just dip you kid in the tub with straight water/hose them down. We used wipes sparingly, and never used ointments and we never ever had severe diaper rashes. I wonder is some of that is from formula feeding?
#7 of 12 Old 02-08-2017, 05:55 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
#8 of 12 Old 03-05-2017, 01:46 AM

Yes! It is important to have excellent absorbency!
#9 of 12 Old 03-05-2017, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstar View Post
Yes! It is important to have excellent absorbency!
My favourite brand is MamyPoko! simply love the material. Friend recommend Dryers but would still prefer mamypoko
#10 of 12 Old 03-14-2017, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
This isnt a debate, its a promotion...tut tut. Look up EC (elimination communication)
#11 of 12 Old 03-21-2017, 12:02 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
If you do decide to use cloth nappies, let me suggest using prefolds over expensive inserts. Also, Green Mountain is a great website for all that is cloth diapering. http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/
#12 of 12 Old 03-29-2017, 12:03 AM

For me, I preferred cloth diaper or even just plain baby shorts or pajamas. I have a baby girl and my pediatrician told me that for my baby's sake and convenience, it is advisable not to let her wear diaper every minute of the day since it may cause Urinary Track Infection. It's for my baby's health that I prioritize and I am not saying to disregard wearing diapers. I also let her wear diaper at night and in rainy days.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page