Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
<----- (low-carb lurking)

An Official, Approved Signatureâ¢
#62 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 12:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ok, I just checked and recieved a refund from her also. The thing that is crazy is that I haven't filed with paypal and she supposedly shipped my items on Saturday. So is she saying that she still didn't ship my stuff. I think i'm more angry now than I was before. She's had my money for over 2 weeks and it will take another week for it to come back to me. What if I was in real need of that stuff? At least I will be getting my money back.

So do you think it happened because of the low prices that it went for? If she's been around since then I would think she could have shipped the stuff out.

Misty, mama to my nurslings William(11/4/02) and Parker(7/13/04).
#63 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymom
this is so suspenseful! I'm glad some refunds are being issued. Anyone have links to these auctions--I'm so nosey and curious at how 'low' the fuz went for.
Mine was Ebay item: 4303958561
#64 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 12:36 PM

Thanks! Found them all.
#65 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 01:48 PM

I am pretty sure thats the lady that I bought 4 diapers off of. They were in great condition, she shipped promptly too. When I bought the dipes from her they were listed on another board, I had a chance to buy the fuz but I didn't think it would fit ds. But she didn't have the best communication, she never told me she shipped them, but the transaction took place on thursday and I got the dipes on Mon. I would think she was pretty sincere about what happened. I do know you guys got a deal, she was asking alot more for the fuz.

Michelle

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
#66 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 01:51 PM

Quote:
I do know you guys got a deal, she was asking alot more for the fuz.
It would have been a deal if they had actually RECIEVED the diapers!
#67 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 01:52 PM

Well yeah, but I mean price wise. She was asking $70 for the ice star.

Michelle

#68 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 02:05 PM

That's just the chance you take with ebay. If you aren't willing to part with it under a certain price, have the starting bid be your least-desirable-but-acceptable price, or sell it with a reserve.
#69 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 02:14 PM

Exactly, Angelica!

Isn't it illegal to sell on eBay, then refuse to deliver just b/c you didn't like the price the auction ended at? There must be some way to report that...grrr for all you, I'd be happy I got my money back, but darn it, what I'd REALLY want are the dipes/covers since that's what I bid on, after all.

How is she explaining that, btw? She says she "going through some things" and offers a refund, but if she can give a refund, WHY can't she ship the items which technically no longer belong to her? Can you refuse the refund and still demand she ship? What an awful seller!

Guin

caffix.giftoddler.gifnocirc.gifBusy, grateful mama to: Kieran (12); Hanna (10); Cameron (8);
Charlotte (6);Sophie (5) Down Syndrome & so beautiful! brokenheart.gif(9/08), & rainbow1284.gifDuncan 8/26/09
#70 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

REFUNDS!!! I haven't gotten any emails from paypal or the seller.Damn I wanted that Ice Star

eta I bet I am going to get screwed because I payed to a different payapl address then listed in her auction

You ladies who got refunds can you ask her about my stuff.She is still not even read my emails I have been sending her.I am getting so stressed out by this.
#71 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Heart
I do know you guys got a deal, she was asking alot more for the fuz.
Okay maybe I shouldn't post when I just wake up and am grumpy but how dare you say we got a deal. Being out $118, yeah some deal
#72 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSugarKane
Okay maybe I shouldn't post when I just wake up and am grumpy but how dare you say we got a deal. Being out $118, yeah some deal
Holy Cow, that really sucks Jamie.
#73 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 04:11 PM

FH, I'm sure you didn't mean anything with your post about the Fuz being a deal, but that is the "risk" one takes when selling on eBay. Just because she puts it on there and doesn't get what she wanted it doesn't mean that she can renege on a legal agreement. She offered, the buyers paid, she should ship. She shouldn't just refund the money because it wasn't enough. :

I know, I'm probably preaching to the choir. But this just frosts my ass when sellers pull this crap. It seems to be a particular problem with some of the car sellers and their shill bidders bumping up a price illegally. Caveat emptor with eBay. Even good feedback isn't a guarantee that they will go through with the transaction. Although, I think 99% of the folks on there are wonderful.

An Official, Approved Signatureâ¢
#74 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevere
How is she explaining that, btw? She says she "going through some things" and offers a refund, but if she can give a refund, WHY can't she ship the items which technically no longer belong to her? Can you refuse the refund and still demand she ship? What an awful seller!

Guin
I guess going to the post office is too much work for her during her personal crisis I just don't buy the excuses, b/c she was bidding on ebay several days after her auction ended. IMO, plenty of time to mail some diapers!!
#75 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 04:25 PM

You've probably already done this, but going back to your paypal transaction and hitting details all of the other persons info is listed i.e. thier full name instead of just thier email or ebay i.d. AND thier addy. Haunting her w/ certified return receipt mail could give you a bit of satisfaction. There aren't many people that like having the PO person come to the door OR having to make the trip to the PO to get the ominious letter waiting for them.

By the way, after having worked for ma bell for seven years, I might have a few tricks up my sleeve. PM me if you need me.

I sure hope this little bit of info helped. This is really just unacceptable .

I can't wait to hear tht you've all gotten the product or the $$$$. :
#76 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 04:36 PM

Oh brother...thats not what I meant. Don't take your anger out on me. I've gotten plenty screwed before buying diapers...to quite the hefty tune as well.

I'm bowing out for awhile. :

Michelle

#77 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

well I don't get what you meant then.She is a fraud and a scammer.Sorry but I am mad I got ripped off and you posting I got a deal is beyond rude.

I do need to get her address because I will send her letters.I will not let this go.That is a lot of money.With ebay she only has her city and state listed.And a disconnect #
#78 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 04:45 PM

Jamie,
Have you heard from paypal at all?
#79 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 04:45 PM
Banned

Three fraud complaints on eBay mean you get BOOTED off. Anyone who has been ripped needs to file a complaint before she has the chance to do any more damage...
MissSugarKane, I'm not sure how you paid... did you select Goods-Non Auction, Services, or another option? As long as you selected an option for material goods, PAYPAL WILL GIVE YOU YOUR MONEY BACK whether or not you have an auction # attached to the payment. It doens't matter... Paypal was around long before eBay bought it, and all Paypal purchases are protected. The only proof they will accept from her is a DC #, if she doesn't have one, too bad for her.
I would suggest that all you mamas who haven't gotten your refunds yet file Paypal complaints sooner than later... Paypal will freeze her funds and give you back your money whether she likes it or not... but if she has too much warning, she may remove all of her funds.
#80 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mealymama
Three fraud complaints on eBay mean you get BOOTED off. Anyone who has been ripped needs to file a complaint before she has the chance to do any more damage...

The only problem with Ebay, the items have to be over $25 a piece in order to file a fraud complaint. I bid and won two items and could not file :
#81 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

No I have not heard from paypal since I filed the complaint.I went and checked the status and it says they are still waiting to hear from the seller.I just know she will have emptied the money from the paypal account and I am going to be screwed.This whole time I have been thinking it'll work out but now I am realizing that I really am going to be out that much money and I am having an anxiety attack.
#82 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 05:11 PM
Banned

PS~
I just got bad feedback from a seller who tried to charge an insane amount for shipping because the auction ended at the opening bid. People should either post opening bids of no less than their minimum desired price, or use reserves... this seller did not answer email after email asking if she could use a different shipping method, then she left bad feedback, and when I returned the favor don't you know, suddenly she remembered how to use her email account.
Anyway, MissSugarKane, HONEY! I'm a seller, I've been through this from both sides, and I'm so confident you are not going to lose your money! It's such a pain, but isn't the worst part about it that big slap in the face reminding you how crummy people can be
#83 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDiaperinMama
:

*insert Law & Order "doink-doink" sound here*

This is wayyyy better than Law & Order! Go mamas!

!!

I hope you get a response soon Jamie. Ideally you get your IceStar set, worst case you at least get a full refund.

I don't think I understand "getting a great deal" if you don't actually get a product for your $$ either. :
#84 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 07:09 PM

Jamie, I think she has removed all the money from her paypal account because I'm waiting for the funds to clear before I actually get my refund. So that means she had time to spend the paypal I sent her or transfer into her checking account. The only other time I got a refund it was instant(and wasn't because of a problem). Also, you didn't really get a good price. You paid a bit for that RB shell set and I don't think $51 is the cheapest i've seen an Ice Star go for.

She's had plenty of time to ship and I was very nice to her when she told me she hadn't shipped yet. However I went back to the email she sent me and she said "I'd like to offer you a refund at this time, or if you still want your win/s I will have them mailed tomorrow". Now that I reread that, i'm thinking she would just rather me ask for the refund and she really didn't have the intention of sending my dipes. I think i'm going to email her and ask her why she sent me a refund today when my items were supposed to have shipped out on Saturday.

Misty, mama to my nurslings William(11/4/02) and Parker(7/13/04).
#85 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsmommy2002

She's had plenty of time to ship and I was very nice to her when she told me she hadn't shipped yet. However I went back to the email she sent me and she said "I'd like to offer you a refund at this time, or if you still want your win/s I will have them mailed tomorrow". Now that I reread that, i'm thinking she would just rather me ask for the refund and she really didn't have the intention of sending my dipes. I think i'm going to email her and ask her why she sent me a refund today when my items were supposed to have shipped out on Saturday.
Exact same thing.I was shocked after 11 days my items were not shipped but I was still nice.Then she offered me a refund or to ship my items out the next day.I don't understand why she would refund you guys and not me

I am wondering if I can contact the police in her city.I mean she is stealing.I wish she would read my emails (since we both have AOL I can see that she hasn't even read them) so she would be aware of what drastic measures I will take to get my money back.
#86 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 10:35 PM

maybe have someone else email for you?
#87 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lena_girl
maybe have someone else email for you?
That might be an idea... I'm sorry you guys have to go through this. It really sucks. :

Nada
#88 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 10:53 PM

: I never read such long threads but this one's got me hooked! I simply must know what happens!!

BTW, I'm in So Cal if you want me to scout anything out for you..... do a drive by?
#89 of 179 Old 06-15-2004, 11:32 PM

:

Jamie--that sucks! I hope it gets resolved for you soon.
#90 of 179 Old 06-16-2004, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieS
BTW, I'm in So Cal if you want me to scout anything out for you..... do a drive by?
Go throw a disposable at her house for me :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page