Freakin' Out Here - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 04:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So back when I used to spend mad amounts of money on diapers (wait that just stopped yesterday) I won two auctions from a seller.Fuz Ice star and a Righteous Baby shell set.Eleven days passed since I paid and I was just getting ready to email and ask when they were shipped when the seller contacted me with payment reminders. I reminded her that I did pay and she needed to ship my stuff , with DC , out right away. She said I was insulting her by impling she might be trying to rip me off.But the reason I don't think it is just a misuderstanding is that I know someone else who won her auction and has not gotten their item yet either.And she doesn't get reply's to any of her emails.

So I have a feeling I will never see this stuff as she never emailed me a DC #.What I am worried about is that I did not pay through the paypal buttons at ebay.I just went to paypal myself and paid her without using the auction #s or anything Can I still file a claim even tho I don't have proof what it is I paid her this large amount of money for?
#2 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 04:45 AM

Well you should be able to file with paypal even if you're not filing with Ebay I'd think..

I hope she's confused for your sake even if you don't think she is.
#3 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 04:47 AM

Ooooh I saw those auctions and maybe even bid on them. I can't remember.

I am sure you can file with paypal and probably contact ebay, too. Do so! This sounds scary.
#4 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 04:49 AM

Well what the heck did she have to say for herself when you provided her with a copy of your paypal receipt? Is she claiming that you still haven't paid yet? How bizzare! I'm sure you can, (and I would if it gets any weirder!) file with paypal.
#5 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 04:52 AM

That is strange!
You still have proof that you paid for the item & definitely can file a claim with paypal that you haven't rec'd the merchandise that you've paid for!
#6 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 04:53 AM

you should have proof you paid her email address, even if it doesnt include a ebay item number. That may help w/ her sudden case of amnesia...
#7 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 04:56 AM - Thread Starter

She said that paypal wasn't showing that I paid.Of course when I pointed out my copy of the receipt she said okay she would ship them.The thing is the day I paid she emailed me saying she got it and would ship them out.So she is either really stupid or ripping me off.I just don't see how anyone who owns such cool diapers could be the type to rip people off.
#8 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 04:57 AM - Thread Starter

I guess I should add that the only reason I haven't filed with paypal yet is I really want those diapers!! I thought I was actually the owner of a Fuz Ice Star set I guess if I get my money back I could pay off a bill....
#9 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 05:00 AM

Does she sell a lot of stuff on ebay? Sometimes if you go to "my ebay" and check out the pending stuff, if you didn't use the ebay checkout system it's probably giving her a "send payment reminder" button to press. Which she obviously did without much thought... Anyway, my point is that perhaps she just misplaced the thoughts in her head and was going with the information that ebay provided her.

I hope she sends your dipes asap!

Did you say "ice star"? NICE Mama!
#10 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSugarKane
I guess I should add that the only reason I haven't filed with paypal yet is I really want those diapers!! I thought I was actually the owner of a Fuz Ice Star set I guess if I get my money back I could pay off a bill....
Ahhh (((hugs)))
#11 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 05:03 AM - Thread Starter

Oh one more thing.I paypaled her at the email address she was emailing me from.Turns out it is not the one she has listed with ebay.So I am worried about paypal not doing anything because of that.

Oh another thing..her phone number listed with ebay is disconnected.I know she is in California.If I knew her exact address I would road trip it to get my diapers.
#12 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 05:23 AM

ooooh, an ice star. i hope you get it and everything works out okay.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#13 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 05:54 AM

You have 30 days to file a fraud claim with Paypal (but don't wait till the last day, guaranteed you'll forget!). In order to have 2 emails registered with Paypal as far as I know you have to have them connected or she would at least have the same contact information so PP should be able to figure out it is the same person. Maybe since you paid a different email she got confused and thought you didn't pay? Hope it arrives soon and all this worry was for nothing

Crystal
#14 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobsquiltingmommy
You have 30 days to file a fraud claim with Paypal (but don't wait till the last day, guaranteed you'll forget!). In order to have 2 emails registered with Paypal as far as I know you have to have them connected or she would at least have the same contact information so PP should be able to figure out it is the same person. Maybe since you paid a different email she got confused and thought you didn't pay? Hope it arrives soon and all this worry was for nothing

Crystal
Thanks for the info. I decided to give it until Monday for her to email me a DC # and if not I'll file.
#15 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 08:02 AM

I'm in the same pickle with the same seller as Jamie. And there's another MDC mama who contacted me as well.

I've emailed both her AOL addys (several times) - and I added her to my AIM "buddy" list :

I paid her through the Ebay checkout system - my money went to a paypal account with the same name as her Ebay name.

Someone else is looking for her over at the AOL diaper support board. She has been online. She bid on something on Ebay on June 10th. Now I'm turning into a cyber diaper stalker!
#16 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 10:20 AM
Banned

I'm the other mama who won items from her. After requesting her contact info from ebay(they notify the seller that you did) she wrote this back:

Hi Elizabeth,
I'm sorry to have worried you. I sent out the email below to all my recent buyers. I'm so sorry if I perhaps overlooked you:

Hello,
I'm writing because you have recently won an auction of mine. Unfortunately, the item/s have not yet shipped. We've had a couple unforeseen circumstances come up in our family that made the delay unavoidable. I'd like to apologize for no making contact sooner and for the extreme inconvenience!! I'd like to offer to refund your money at this time, or if you'd still like your win/s I will have them mailed tomorrow (Friday...or Saturday if I haven't gotten a reply yet)
Again, I am very sorry and hope you can understand. Thank you!!
Jen

I e-mailed her back on Friday so theoretically she should have shipped my items on Saturday. I just e-mailed her to get confirmation that this occured. But after hearing these stories I'm pretty sure these are all lies she's telling everyone.
#17 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 10:26 AM

If you don't get your item, I think like other posters said that you should be able to file w/ paypal. If not, you should DEFINITELY be able to file with your credit card co.
Hopefully you'll get your stuff soon.
#18 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 11:23 AM

Oh I know this paypal road all to well......... She has to provide paypal with proof that she sent the items. If she can prove she sent items to you with a DC # then i think paypal will do nothing but if she cant prove she sent it then paypal should refund you.. that is what they did in my case.. the seller could not prove they sent me my stuff and paypal refunded me.......... good luck
#19 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 12:57 PM

I got the email from her and then another saying she was shipping out on Saturday. However this just keeps sounding worse and worse to me. I'm only waiting until the middle of the week before I file with paypal.

Misty, mama to my nurslings William(11/4/02) and Parker(7/13/04).
#20 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 01:07 PM

This just figures - it's the only dipe and cover I've ever purchased off Ebay!!! NEVER AGAIN :
#21 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 01:15 PM

Yes, you can put a claim through regardless how you paid the auction. Do it, do it now!!
Quote:
So back when I used to spend mad amounts of money on diapers (wait that just stopped yesterday) I won two auctions from a seller.Fuz Ice star and a Righteous Baby shell set.Eleven days passed since I paid and I was just getting ready to email and ask when they were shipped when the seller contacted me with payment reminders. I reminded her that I did pay and she needed to ship my stuff , with DC , out right away. She said I was insulting her by impling she might be trying to rip me off.But the reason I don't think it is just a misuderstanding is that I know someone else who won her auction and has not gotten their item yet either.And she doesn't get reply's to any of her emails.

So I have a feeling I will never see this stuff as she never emailed me a DC #.What I am worried about is that I did not pay through the paypal buttons at ebay.I just went to paypal myself and paid her without using the auction #s or anything Can I still file a claim even tho I don't have proof what it is I paid her this large amount of money for?
#22 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 01:26 PM

There's a special place in for someone who would scam a mama over diapers.
#23 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 01:34 PM

Jamie,
What happened to your thread over at AOL? Did you take it down or someone else?
#24 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 02:07 PM

Please keep us posted on this...I'm always so naive and just think the best of people. Scamming doesn't even occur to me! It's probably a big business for some people. So, let us know what happens and unless others think it's tacky, provide us with the eBay user id!!

Liz~A wife and homeschooling mother to two gifts from God!
#25 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by campingmumma
Jamie,
What happened to your thread over at AOL? Did you take it down or someone else?
I just went to look and saw it was gone Were there any replies?
#26 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 02:50 PM

Quote:
I just went to look and saw it was gone Were there any replies?
Yes - last I checked there were 5 replies:
#1: - same thing happened to her w/different seller
#2: - me - I posted I was having problems getting a hold of her too
#3 & #4 - had "excellent service" w/her through AOL's diaper swap/sell board
#5 - ?? I forget
#27 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Well since I have no life I have continued to hunt her down.I saw she is listed under the custom order update section of Mommy Mae I.Seriously If I can find her address I will drive to her house and get my diapers or money.She has messed with the wrong hyena
#28 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 06:02 PM

Jamie,
Grab my fuz while you're there :LOL
#29 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 09:17 PM
Banned

Grab mine too!!
#30 of 179 Old 06-13-2004, 09:50 PM
Ok

Hyenas on the prowl :

:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page