*~*~*~* On The Wagon Tribe *~*~*~* (jump on in anytime!) - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#151 of 167 Old 06-21-2004, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Someone grab me... and keep me on the wagon PLEASE!

It's Monday, it's raining and I'm bored - I want to shop. I miss my fluffy mail.

Angelica - you should be very proud! It's so hard to resist when it's right there, way to go!

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos
#152 of 167 Old 06-21-2004, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

I didn't resist. I bought a sunflower derriere fitted. But it's only 8.50 with MDC discount! And then I got her to make me half a dozen dyed hemp flatfold diapers.... I figured these will be fun for when I'm in the mood to do the scandinavian fold (really trim and quite absorbent --10 layers in the wet zone-- for when I am in the mood to do all that folding) and more so these will be awesome for when we are visiting the US and using whatever washing machine we can find, since as just one layer they will wash up SUPER CLEAN and dry in a flash, even just hung up without a machine dryer. And if I can't stand them and they don't work, they will make awesome fairy gifts for my finnish mama friends who use cloth and only understand scandinavian-fold-flats + velcro PUL (bumpy day) covers, and think my fitted diapers would be a pain to wash/dry and are far too bulky for their taste.

: Ladies with Flats and pul covers feeling sorry for me and my bulky hyena stash of fitteds and wool.... :

OK the reason I couldn't withstand the sunflower temptation is that gorgeous turtle batik print that I LOVE....my divine coverings bamboo fitted is that print and it's my all-time-fave-print, and it's too big to use so it just sits there. Now I'm going to have the right size dipe in that print! Yay! And such a great price for all this stuff!

Ok, that was my fluff spending for the week. It's Monday and I am officially not allowed to get anything else at all or DH will have my head. Only following through with fluff-already-in-the-works is allowed (I have paypal funds already sitting there waiting to pay for the items so it's ok).
#153 of 167 Old 06-21-2004, 04:28 PM

wagon, did anyone see a wagon go by? i just won 2 fuzzibunz off of ebay (but i "needed them :LOL) and maybe am getting 3 tie dyed prefolds from the TP. what happened to my riding on the wagon??
#154 of 167 Old 06-21-2004, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

I think the wagon is slippery..... :LOL
#155 of 167 Old 06-21-2004, 06:47 PM

Ok I am on, and I mean it this time! I am done buying -- completely!!!!! I havent purchased anything diaper related since Friday which means I am going on three days now -- wow!

I am totally, totally done until at least fall when I MAY get some longies.

Ok the only thing I will get between now and then is yarn to have stuff knit but that is REALLY it -- Oh I am depressed already :
#156 of 167 Old 06-21-2004, 07:41 PM

Hmmm... I just realized I may be cheating. I have not bought anything for Stella since Valor Kids opened for slots. But, I promised my sister I would get her entire newborn stash together for her... so I am getting to but for her. Although, I am really only using paypal from what I sell and I am keeping it cheap, no Diaper Gardens or anything, lol.

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#157 of 167 Old 06-21-2004, 07:46 PM

Okay, I've been in denial until now. But, I'm jumping on the wagon and I MUST stay on it! Ds has everything he needs for a while and so no more buying. So ... what do you do though when someone posts "XYZ is stocking ... RUN!" ? :LOL

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#158 of 167 Old 06-22-2004, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

i dunno, Brit, but I better figure out because RB is stocking tomorrow and I have paypal just sitting there (but already earmarked for other purchases I need to pay for so I should NOT spend it)....
#159 of 167 Old 06-22-2004, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Disclaimer: huge rambling.....

Now I'm just shamelessly bumping this thread in hopes someone will distract me away from buying just to cheer myself up. I don't know why I have been so down today, but I always start shopping when I'm down and now the Warm Heart Woolies shorts set is gone and I don't even know who bought it (please someone post here and promise me you will at least post pictures of your beautiful babe wearing the set! I want to enjoy it vicariously!) and the righteous baby stalking isnt until tomorrow and now i'm entirely missing the WHOLE POINT Is to NOT buy when I feel the urge to buy and to do something else with my energy, something else that will cheer me up.....

I know--I'll remember the ultra cute things I found at the store here in Finland today and immediatly sent off to 2 of my favorite mamas on this board.... Ok now i'm smiling--that was so fun to just go to the store and see something and walk straight to the PO and mail it off to them.

I also bought a "See my diaper it's cloth and it's cool" shirt from Baby Bloomrs that I will get to enjoy sometime in July, and that is truly awesome... (even though I'm supposed to not buy yadda yadda yadda).....

My DH is about to start barbequeing some yummy fish kabobs on our balcony so I'll try to actually be social and wipe the grumpies off my face and enjoy the evening! Friday evening is HUGE Midsummer celebration in Scandinavia and we are throwing a party at our summer cottage.... Mmmm
#160 of 167 Old 06-22-2004, 03:23 PM

Put your cutest diaper on your baby's bum and watch him run around. I love ds in his diapers and a pair of shoes, no shirt. Something about it just makes me smile!
#161 of 167 Old 06-22-2004, 03:25 PM

What did you find IRL??!!!
Sorry if this sounds stupid - but are there brick and mortar cd stores in Finland?
Maybe we should start a new thread this one is so long I can't keep up!

ETA - being on the wagon sucks when you could really use some retail therapy.
#162 of 167 Old 06-22-2004, 03:37 PM

Talk Me Down From The Ledge. I Have An Sos In My Cart...
#163 of 167 Old 06-22-2004, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahmom
Talk Me Down From The Ledge. I Have An Sos In My Cart...
Drop the SOS and walk away -- you can do it!
#164 of 167 Old 06-22-2004, 03:42 PM

I'm weak. My pleas for help went unanswered in the 3.5 seconds it takes to check out.

Okay - am I still on the wagon if I sell a dipe to justify this purchase? :
#165 of 167 Old 06-22-2004, 03:44 PM

I wanna join...but I don't think i've hit "rock bottom" yet!

:

I just can't give it up!!!

-Melissa
#166 of 167 Old 06-22-2004, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahmom
I'm weak. My pleas for help went unanswered in the 3.5 seconds it takes to check out.

Okay - am I still on the wagon if I sell a dipe to justify this purchase? :
Ummmm .... ok.
#167 of 167 Old 06-22-2004, 03:48 PM

Sheesh now I feel really guilty... : I was sooooo good for so long.
I think I'll put a buyers remorse post on the TP...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page