*~*~*~* On The Wagon Tribe *~*~*~* (jump on in anytime!) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you need serious support in withstanding unnecessary purchases you can't afford, post here. If you are desperate to sell your massive amounts of excess diapering goodies, but have a hard time mustering up the courage to say goodbye to the fluff that has served you so well and made you feel so glad, post here.

I : am shamed to say that I am in both camps. I have listed lots of hot items on ebay this week and I do feel SO GREAT about it, especially the stuff we weren't using. And--get this--I have raised enough $ cash $ to pay for my elbee order that is coming up relatively soon (which is a pretty big one I've been anticipating all year) ! Yay. I was gonna have to put that on the credit card otherwise. : <----love this icon, so multifaceted !!

I need to list more, more, more, more! I have been selling on the TP and now recently tried ebay and have sent out soooo many packages in the last couple months, but we're still sitting on a mountain of goodies. Crazy amounts like 4 dozen hyena fitteds and around 18 coveted woolies. That is excess. And in a stash like that my favorites, the ones that truly bring a smile to my face, don't get the attention they deserve!

So... what more should I part with--my FLAG, Firefly size Large, FMBG size large, or FCB size 2s that all have too high of a rise for my son? Or do I save them for later (I worked hard getting those!)? What about a wool cover or two that isn't getting the attention it needs? My SOSs that take too long to dry and take up too much bulk in my front loader machine (but fit soooo well and are soooo well made!)...... you can appreciate my angst, I assume.

Anyway post your dilemmas and angst ridden issues here. We will understand.

Under a mountain of fluff,
Angelica and the snuggly bug who is currently trying to type on the laptop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 02:42 PM

I need to *stop* buying. Like yesterday. :LOL
#3 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 02:43 PM

Here I am guilty and feeling shame. :
#4 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

I didn't mention that i need to STOP buying.....
I have been buying fluff nonstop since I started GETTING paypal funds to spend! Wool in ones, soakers, soaker pants, nursing shirts...... new nikes and merrell shoes for long summer days of babywearing a monster sized heavy baby...... : : : : : : We can NOT afford it! Somebody stop me (said in best Jim Carey impersonation I can muster in my head)!!
#5 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 02:50 PM

I simply do not have the money to be buying more stuff. So, I need to be on the wagon. I need to be on this wagon and sewing. :LOL
#6 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 02:51 PM

I am SO jumping onboard!!!! I have been out of control and feel really guilty now.

To top it off I just had to have $350.00 worth of work done on my car yesterday (out of the blue) so I am really screwed now! I think some of my precious dipes have to go We dont have a huge stash and I have already gotten rid of everything that doesnt work for us or that didnt get used so that we could get what did work. So now I guess the things I love will have to go if I can muster the courage that is!

But FOR SURE no more buying for me -- if you see me trying, DONT let me!!!!!!
#7 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 02:53 PM

#8 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 02:58 PM

Count me in! The FM custom slots wer too much for me and I caved, but I didn't get any anyway.

My big problem is selling the diapers we don't use. I have a huge pile just sitting there waiting to be put up on the TP. I don't know why I can't part with them, they're just sitting there. Am I too attached?

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos
#9 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, Amy, let them go to where they will be loved, to where they will fulfill their diaper destiny..... :LOL
#10 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 03:03 PM

I will be on the wagon as soon as I win your medium El Bee from ebay. :
#11 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj'smommy
My big problem is selling the diapers we don't use. I have a huge pile just sitting there waiting to be put up on the TP. I don't know why I can't part with them, they're just sitting there. Am I too attached?
Yes sell those dipes you don't use~You'll have some moola from them & some dipes that are being used by someone else's bum
#12 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 03:07 PM

I need to summon up the courage to sell my nb stuff, buy stuff we can use for the rest of our diapering days, and be done with diapers and find a new hobby. Is that possible?
#13 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 03:08 PM

I have what I wanted - a FM custom to move up to the next size as we're close to outgrowing the 1s. Now I am truely happy. I have attempted to stay on the wagon many times and it's NOT easy! I have no desire to buy right now, though, so this time might work! I am not waiting for anyone to stock. It's actually a relief!
#14 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 03:09 PM

I'm on! And I have a pile of stuff to sell, will do that next week...feels good to be on the wagon!

~Rose~ 

Homeschooling Mom to Two Boys, 13 & 9. rainbow1284.gif Baby Girl Arriving April 2013!

#15 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 03:14 PM

I MUST STOP!!! I just spend $1400 on life extending work on the car and $250 on the cat and $200 on clothes for myself that I really did need so I can't afford any more stuff. Plus I don't NEED anything either. I have lots of dipes and a few wool covers and fabric to make a bunch more.

So don't sell me anything, no matter how I beg!!!

It's just so much fun, stalking and looking and dreaming and BUYING!
#16 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 03:18 PM

I am going to ride the rail and hope I don't chap my buns. I need to buy things for my son, he currently has 2 covers and about 8 pfs. He really does need more pfs and covers. He has 2 wool covers and 4 soakers on the way.

What keeps happening is that I keep getting distracted by uber cute girly stuff for my daughter. She doesn't really need anything else. But she has 6 soakers on the way. Granted she didn't have any soakers before but..well. She doesn't need them. What she does need is 2 more FB's for overnight but like I said, I keep seeing cutie stuff and getting it.

I just need to be redirected in my spending.
#17 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

"It's just so much fun, stalking and looking and dreaming and BUYING!"

Don't I know it, girl. *sigh*
#18 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oops broken condom
I am going to ride the rail and hope I don't chap my buns. .

: You are too funny. If I knew how to get you to stop buying the cutie stuff, I wouldn't be smothering in this mountain of fluff.....
#19 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

can we dish about something OT for a second to help distract us while riding around together?

What should my senior title be?
#20 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 03:23 PM

so any advice and getting on the wagon when it's not really financially motivated? we don't really need anything i'd like to get off of the diaper merry-go round. seems like we have a constant stream of stuff coming and going at this house and i'd like to find a way to just be happy with what we have (until it falls apart or is outgrown).

oh and can i be "on the wagon" and still place my elbee order when my number finally comes up? i placed it back in january i believe.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#21 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Kristin, that's when I signed onto the mile long elbee list, too, and my number is approaching, so yours should be too. You can still join the wagon and follow through with past commitments, I think. And joining the wagon because you're tired of the merry-go-round of buying and selling constantly is a valid reason! We'd love your company!
#22 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymom
can we dish about something OT for a second to help distract us while riding around together?

What should my senior title be?
I kind of liked you Jedi wool hyena DDDDC
#23 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 03:35 PM

Thanks Angelica. I'm joining then. I need a senior title too. And a new hobby instead of diapers.

So for those who have to sell instead of just stop buying, what's your goal to get your stash down to? What exactly is a reasonable number of diapers to have? I've lost all touch with a "reasonable stash", though I'd like to get back there soon! And as for what goes, it's so hard. Some days I like fitteds, some days AIOs/pockets and still other days trifolds in wraps. So do I keep some of each or just simplify down to one system?!? Who would have ever guessed it would be so hard to part with DIAPERS?!?

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#24 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymom
Yes, Amy, let them go to where they will be loved, to where they will fulfill their diaper destiny..... :LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthreeboys
Yes sell those dipes you don't use~You'll have some moola from them & some dipes that are being used by someone else's bum

You're right, there's nothing wrong with these diapers. They just don't work for us. They should be on someone's bum, not just sitting around my house longing for a bum to cuddle.

Ahh..I feel better already!

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos
#25 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

Kristin, I wish I knew what was reasonable. I think 30 fitteds and 10 woolies, for me, would be more than plenty. A few AIOs or pockets for others to use, too. But I have 4 dozen fitteds that I am not interested in parting with at any price, because I stalked hard for them! And another 15 fitteds coming from LB (elbee) this summer. What do I do? Why is my mind so twisted?

Oh, and I liked my DDDDC too. I also liked the 'alls fair in love and hyenadom' because it's so true.

Hmmmmm....we need to brainstorm senior titles, Kristin!
#26 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj'smommy

Ahh..I feel better already!
See, this is what it's all about.
#27 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 03:53 PM

I have around 24-28 fitteds for each girl (have to do an updated count), 3 soaker shorts each, 5-8 wool covers each, 5-8 soakers each, 15 AIOs/pockets each. Definitely too much! But, Ella is quickly outgrowing her dipes and the girls will be wearing the same size in no time. So, a lot of what I listed will be sold soon (oh - I forgot my prefolds - about 12 total )

ETA: A REASONABLE amount is probably much less. :LOL
#28 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

OH my I need help. There is a soaker on ebay that I am in luv with. How do I walk away? There's a BIN for a reasonable price and everything......

Someone tell me that my rainbow Mosaic Moon is enough!!!! (But but but my Mosaic Moon is sm/med and the one I'm looking at is a large! totally different needs, right? )
#29 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...308324158&rd=1

jds724 are you an MDC mama? Will I get to see it at least?
#30 of 167 Old 06-16-2004, 04:10 PM

I'm on the wagon, too. We aren't in financial straits or anything, it's just that I know we have too many diapers. I filled the diaper drawers, I had a load on the bed that I folded, and then I found a load in the dryer that I had forgotten about. I have about half a dozen headed back to me after I sent them out for repair, and then I have a few prefolds from my TDD custom order on their way... Ack! :

I've been blue lately, too, and nothing has been picking me up. I think I'm just worn down from work - I've been running on fumes for the past several weeks. Work got out last Friday, but I negotiated to come in four days between this and next week. I am starting to get a home business going, too, and I have a couple of awesome ladies I'm working with. It's fun and it's what I would much rather be doing, so I'm getting a bit of energy back from doing it.

Anwyn has been awesome, and so has dh. My house is a disaster; I think if I could get it cleaned I would feel better at home, yk? Sometimes when you have a messy house, you can't help but feel messy yourself. My birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks... maybe I will treat myself to a Merry Maid or something.

Anyway, that turned into a longer ramble than I meant. :LOL I guess I was just trying to say that I haven't felt like much of anything, much less diaper shopping!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page