Should I kiss my soaker shorts goodbye? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 06-24-2004, 01:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm worried about a pair of soaker shorts I won on eBay last Monday (6/14). I paid immediately via Paypal and I've heard nothing from the seller. I emailed her this morning and asked her to please let me know if she'd shipped the soaker shorts yet and again I haven't heard anything from her.

I'm a patient person but it really irks me when sellers don't contact their buyers at all. :

, , , mama to Ross , Reagan (8/29/05), Joshua (from Haiti...here NOW due to the earthquake!), and Elijah , born safely 9-8-09.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 24 Old 06-24-2004, 01:20 AM

I'd give her until tomorrow to reply. Whatever you do, don't let it go past the 30 paypal days!!

That just sucks. Sorry mama!
#3 of 24 Old 06-24-2004, 01:21 AM

Hopefully she'll contact you soon!
#4 of 24 Old 06-24-2004, 01:21 AM

:
#5 of 24 Old 06-24-2004, 01:39 AM

I hope you hear from her soon! I understand that life gets busy but an email within a few days shouldn't be that difficult!
#6 of 24 Old 06-24-2004, 01:50 AM

Usually mamas selling diapers/covers on ebay are great! I bought something and didn't hear from the seller. I got super worried until she emailed and told me they had a storm and the internet was down. This is probably something the same for your seller!
#7 of 24 Old 06-24-2004, 02:02 AM

I hope it's an honest mistake!
#8 of 24 Old 06-24-2004, 03:06 AM

Is it just me or does there seem to be a lot of this going around lately? I've heard of quite a few people having problems with sellers recently.
#9 of 24 Old 06-24-2004, 03:51 AM

I would give it a couple of days. I didn't hear from one seller at all and just when I was thinking that I was getting ripped off, my package showed up at my door. Some people just ship out without making any contact with you.

: Karen, wife to my : Mad Scientist and mama to :Emma (10-21-03).
I spend my days : : and seeing how many smilies I can fit in my siggy.
#10 of 24 Old 06-24-2004, 05:55 AM
Banned

Hmm. Please make sure you let us know her name if she never ships. So we don't get "took" as well.
#11 of 24 Old 06-24-2004, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDiaperinMama
I'm worried about a pair of soaker shorts I won on eBay last Monday (6/14). I paid immediately via Paypal and I've heard nothing from the seller. I emailed her this morning and asked her to please let me know if she'd shipped the soaker shorts yet and again I haven't heard anything from her.

I'm a patient person but it really irks me when sellers don't contact their buyers at all. :
From the seller POV/devil's advocate POV--Sometimes life happens. Kids get sick, the computer blows, a life event happens that requires someone to be away from the computer, the car breaks down and no PO runs possible. Some buyers seem to forget that not everyone is and can be attached to the Internet and answer emails immediately. I can only do so in the evening. I am one of those who verify payment and NOTHING else. I usually ship via PP so they send an email...but if I do not then I sometimes forget the follow up. That said I do make my customers happy and try to be efficient as possible. But like some, eBay is a 2nd life. And like most, I prioritize. I won't answer emails if I am spending time with my son. And if that means 2 days of no email, so be it. Can't be a slave to that email like some people expect me to be. So maybe something came up--by PP rules a seller has 7 days to ship, and according to the FTC they have 30. So someone is w/in the rules if they ship a month later : even though it is not good business. But in our fast paced, low context culture we WANT things and we want them NOW!

Teach your children about the global water crisis
Visit Dream Village to learn more | Check out Saved by the Well on Amazon! | SBTW Trailer!
#12 of 24 Old 06-24-2004, 08:40 AM

Were they knitted ones or the sewn soaker shorts with the matching shirt? I bought a sewn pair of shorts with the tshirt and I got it on Monday.
#13 of 24 Old 06-24-2004, 08:45 AM

i've bought several things on ebay lately with NO contact from the seller. however, they were quick shippers, so i didn't get too concerned. i'd send another email to try again!
#14 of 24 Old 06-24-2004, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had this happen recently... PM me the seller's name and I'll tell you if it's the same person.
#15 of 24 Old 06-24-2004, 01:28 PM

make sure it doesn't go past 30 days. try one last time and let her know that if she doesn't contact you that you will leave negative feedback and report the transaction to ebay and paypal.. it's the harsh way but sometimes it's the only way...
#16 of 24 Old 06-24-2004, 01:36 PM

I try to stay friendly, but i will turn over to paypal for a refund at 30 days. I got took awhile back by an MDC mom (she doesn't post regularly) and chose the wrong option on my paypal form so didn't get my money back.
#17 of 24 Old 06-25-2004, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter

UPDATE

I did get the soaker shorts in today's mail. It would figure since I was freaking out about it last night! Anyway, I left the seller positive feedback but I added this, "Slow to ship, no communication but product is as described." She never once emailed me and this was mailed out the 22nd...a week after the auction end.

, , , mama to Ross , Reagan (8/29/05), Joshua (from Haiti...here NOW due to the earthquake!), and Elijah , born safely 9-8-09.
#18 of 24 Old 06-25-2004, 12:40 AM

I have one that hasn't shown up since the 13th-and, to make it worse when I e-mail they bounce saying unknown address yadda yadda.
AAARRRRRGGGGHHHH
#19 of 24 Old 06-25-2004, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15yrsbetweenboys
I have one that hasn't shown up since the 13th-and, to make it worse when I e-mail they bounce saying unknown address yadda yadda.
AAARRRRRGGGGHHHH
You poor thing! You haven't much luck with anything relating to diapers lately have you?

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos
#20 of 24 Old 06-25-2004, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDiaperinMama
UPDATE

I did get the soaker shorts in today's mail. It would figure since I was freaking out about it last night! Anyway, I left the seller positive feedback but I added this, "Slow to ship, no communication but product is as described." She never once emailed me and this was mailed out the 22nd...a week after the auction end.

Glad you got them Good to hear, but 7 days is within the guidelines so IMO that is not slow just not fast. It is within the given amount of time so at least she did that. But waiting until day 7 is kind of odd. Did she say in the auction that she only shipped one day a week or anything? But not emailing AT ALL is kind of weird That would be my concern...

All this nonsense aside, are they cute???? was it worth it??

Teach your children about the global water crisis
Visit Dream Village to learn more | Check out Saved by the Well on Amazon! | SBTW Trailer!
#21 of 24 Old 06-25-2004, 10:07 AM

Sometimes I sell on eBay and I tell you, it is a PIA when a buyer doesn't contact the seller so I think it's only fair that a seller should respond to the buyer's inquiries.

I state in my auction listings that I expect payment within seven days and in response I ship within 24 hours or next business day (dh takes stuff for me if it's big stuff that goes UPS).

I currently have a buyer that keeps putting me off... "I'll pay in 10 days" then another email a week later "I'll pay on the 24 by 3pm". Guess what? It's two weeks after the end of auction and no payment. : I guess I'm off to eBay to submit ANOTHER non-paying bidder alert.
#22 of 24 Old 06-25-2004, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meco
From the seller POV/devil's advocate POV--Sometimes life happens. Kids get sick, the computer blows, a life event happens that requires someone to be away from the computer, the car breaks down and no PO runs possible. Some buyers seem to forget that not everyone is and can be attached to the Internet and answer emails immediately. I can only do so in the evening. I am one of those who verify payment and NOTHING else. I usually ship via PP so they send an email...but if I do not then I sometimes forget the follow up. That said I do make my customers happy and try to be efficient as possible. But like some, eBay is a 2nd life. And like most, I prioritize. I won't answer emails if I am spending time with my son. And if that means 2 days of no email, so be it. Can't be a slave to that email like some people expect me to be. So maybe something came up--by PP rules a seller has 7 days to ship, and according to the FTC they have 30. So someone is w/in the rules if they ship a month later : even though it is not good business. But in our fast paced, low context culture we WANT things and we want them NOW!
See, I think if someone has the time to list something on Ebay, it's reasonable to expect them to check their email once a day or once every other day and send a 10 second email back. I don't think its asking too much. I sold someting on Ebay recently and my terms clearly stated money was due in 3 days. 3 days came and went with NO payment and NO email even though I had sent several. She finally emailed back saying she didn't know payment was due SO soon (3 days isn't unusual IMO, and if you are the type that doesnt check your mail often, check the terms to make sure you can comply with them before bidding). So anyway, then after that email, no payment again until I emailed back, and waited another several days. Payment came (so this was like 5-6 days later) with a note that said something like "Family first, Ebay later." Well, that's all fine and good (and of course I agree, who wouldn't!) but 1)I never was given a reason why it was late (i.e. sudden illness, etc.) and 2) I don't think its unreasonable to ask a mother to find 10 minutes in her day within 3 days after an auction to pay for something. I am a mother and a busy person too, and unless I have a sudden unexpected event, there is always a few minutes in each day to check my mail.

IMO, and just IMO, if you can't get online once a day for 10 minutes or once every other day for 10 minutes to answer the email of your buyers, or pay for an item, clearly state that in your auction or email the seller that immedietely if you are the buyer. It's just not nice otherwise.
#23 of 24 Old 06-25-2004, 10:52 AM

I'm glad you got them!

One time we were waiting on a package and it was almost the 30 days and we didn't get an email back. Dh was ready to file with paypal and the package showed up so banged up and the post mark was the day after the auction. It had clearly gotten lost by the P.O so I'm glad we didn't harass the person to much. Sometimes stuff happens but it is a pain when they take too long to ship.
#24 of 24 Old 06-25-2004, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori810
IMO, and just IMO, if you can't get online once a day for 10 minutes or once every other day for 10 minutes to answer the email of your buyers, or pay for an item, clearly state that in your auction or email the seller that immedietely if you are the buyer. It's just not nice otherwise.
I totally agree. It's fine and dandy if the auction terms state they ship once/week and please give us 24-48 hours to respond to emails. Fine, I'm a mom and I understand that. At least I know what's going on. But when there's no note in the auction terms, you never get responses to your emails and the item arrives a month later- that's rude. JMO

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page