Appliqued Kp On Ebay!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 77 Old 06-28-2004, 11:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Maria, you ROCK and you are such an awesome seamstress/creator/artist, does dh know you have such a huge following on here? You are just awesome.

~Rose~ 

Homeschooling Mom to Two Boys, 13 & 9. rainbow1284.gif Baby Girl Arriving April 2013!

#62 of 77 Old 06-28-2004, 11:25 PM

I couldn't be happier for you, Maria.

Enjoy the accolades!

And again, I your new tags!
#63 of 77 Old 06-28-2004, 11:31 PM
Ok

:

Its a beautiful cover and work of art. Out of my league, although I'm scared to put a munchkin of mine in white pants. We need dark reds and blues

4 days left-- that vacation is getting classier all the time!
#64 of 77 Old 06-29-2004, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holli
Oh Maria, your story of your DH and vacation might have just inspired my DH and I to bid a little higher... how good of a vacation do you want?

Holli
lol...

~Rose~ 

Homeschooling Mom to Two Boys, 13 & 9. rainbow1284.gif Baby Girl Arriving April 2013!

#65 of 77 Old 06-29-2004, 12:32 AM

Maria, that is truly gorgeous! Really the cutest applique I've ever seen, I think you will definitly get some nice vacation money off that one .

I just wish I could afford to bid on it, that is gonna be one lucky bum!
#66 of 77 Old 06-29-2004, 12:49 AM

amazing diaper! even my husband thought it was worth $100+. now, that's a REAL compliment!
#67 of 77 Old 06-29-2004, 01:19 AM

That's a really beautiful cover...

...but I can't help but think, for $160 I could buy a snap press, colored snaps, several different colors of wool and some spools of thread...

and make about 2 dozen just like it?

Or, I could spend that money on a wooden play structure for DD, or I could put it in her college fund...

I guess I just don't understand how any cover is worth that kind of money. I don't mean to slam the artist who made it - I truly admire her talent!

:
#68 of 77 Old 06-29-2004, 01:41 AM

What amazing work Maria! It is a beautiful cover ... way out of my league (and I wouldn't trust my rough and tumble ds in it anyway ... it would go in a picture box!). I'm just hoping that after this, I'll ever be able to score another KP. I told dh this afternoon that we were so entirely lucky to score the two we did before complete hyena-dom set in. :LOL Then dh said, "Why can't you make a cover as good as a Kiwi Pie? I really like our Kiwi Pies." Silly dh!!!

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#69 of 77 Old 06-29-2004, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders
Then dh said, "Why can't you make a cover as good as a Kiwi Pie? I really like our Kiwi Pies." Silly dh!!!
LOL! My DH said almost the same thing to me! We were both admiring Maria's gorgeous cover and he said "You should make those"! Never mind that the most difficult thing I ever sew are plain curtains or hemming something! LOL
At least the man has confidence in my (non-existent) skills!

No, I can never even hope to have half the talent of Maria or some of our other wonderful WAHMs. It really makes me happy to see these works of art fetch so much at auction! It's part of the reason that I LOOOVE CDing so much. There is literally something for everyone. It is easy to find well made, hard-working, inexpensive diapers, yet those who can afford it can have an exquisite work of art for their baby's bum! :
#70 of 77 Old 06-29-2004, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnea

That's a really beautiful cover...

...but I can't help but think, for $160 I could buy a snap press, colored snaps, several different colors of wool and some spools of thread...

and make about 2 dozen just like it?

Or, I could spend that money on a wooden play structure for DD, or I could put it in her college fund...

I guess I just don't understand how any cover is worth that kind of money. I don't mean to slam the artist who made it - I truly admire her talent!

:
Wow! That makes it sound so simple! Designing diapers/wool covers is tons of work. You need to design your patterns/test sizes/ test patterns again. Spend tons of money/time to do this. I would guess it probably took Maria about a year of hard work to make this gorgeous pattern/design/website she offers us. I think it is worth every penny and more!
#71 of 77 Old 06-29-2004, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piffle
Wow! That makes it sound so simple! Designing diapers/wool covers is tons of work. You need to design your patterns/test sizes/ test patterns again. Spend tons of money/time to do this. I would guess it probably took Maria about a year of hard work to make this gorgeous pattern/design/website she offers us. I think it is worth every penny and more!
I know it's not simple, I didn't mean to make it sound like it is! I've spent plenty of time trying to design my own patterns, and experimenting with some real failures... but some successes, too. I don't at all mean to diminish what you and other WAHM diaper artists do. I guess I'm just a little envious, because for what that single cover is going for, another ( : ) cash-strapped diaper-making mama could start up her own business.

Good for Maria, and I hope she does use the proceeds to have a wonderful vacation!
#72 of 77 Old 06-29-2004, 02:11 AM
nym

That is soooo beautiful! WoW!~
#73 of 77 Old 06-29-2004, 02:34 AM

Quote:
but I can't help but think, for $160 I could buy a snap press, colored snaps, several different colors of wool and some spools of thread...and make about 2 dozen just like it?
Can you come source for me? You are a way better bargain shopper than I.
#74 of 77 Old 06-29-2004, 04:45 AM

Wow! 6 months ago when I told her I thought she was the best WAHM out there (in terms of making really gorgeous, luxurious art), she thought I was just flattering her! Now maybe she'll start to believe my compliments........ Petitlapin, I hope you're reading this thread & feel awesome about how much your fan club these days worships you!
#75 of 77 Old 06-29-2004, 01:34 PM

$180

, , , mama to Ross , Reagan (8/29/05), Joshua (from Haiti...here NOW due to the earthquake!), and Elijah , born safely 9-8-09.
#76 of 77 Old 06-29-2004, 01:38 PM
Banned

Everything Maria does is just beautiful...her kids, her house, everything!!

That's one beautiful wool made by one beautiful Mamma!

I am totally in love with it.
#77 of 77 Old 06-29-2004, 01:44 PM

That is probably the most beautiful diaper I have ever seen. Although, I could never explain to dh why I spent that much on a diaper.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page