Kiwi Pie! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Carrie, mom to Johnathan (7-02), Brodie (2-04), Kate (12-06), Jordan (9-08), (4-09) & Maggie (3-10)
#62 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:24 AM

I guess we just need to remember that this is hugely easier for the WAHMs. I know it is making the customers sad, but that is how it has to be, I guess. I think I won't find myself at Hyena cart stockings anymore just because I truly CAN'T get anything so it just stresses me out. There isnt even a glimmer of hope anymore...
#63 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:25 AM

I think the hyena cart is CRAZY!! 80 people salivating over 3 covers every 10 minutes.........there has got to be a better way!!!

Also, no one should read to much into what is being posted this morning~~we are all just cranky & venting!! Holli.....ENJOY THAT PIE!
#64 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holli
You gals make it *very* scary to admit that I got any!

I think we *all* wanted them just as bad as anyone else, and it makes me sooo sad when people say things that make it sound like they needed the cover more than anyone else.

So, yes, I got pie, and maybe I don't deserve it because it's just going to sit in my daughter's room until she comes home. But, I have nothing to do but sit here and be sad that she's not home and work on her diaper stash.

But, it really makes me feel sad and guilty that I got kp. I never scored with the old cart.

Going back to hiding now...

Holli
I'm not upset that anyone else got one, just that I wasn't fast enough. Hey if you got one, more power to you and enjoy it!!
It just seems alot harder with this new cart system, I feel like I don't even have a chance.

Congrats though!
#65 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:25 AM

I keep thinking this will get easier because the folks who are the fastest will get theirs and the demand will lessen. So perhaps by next fall it will be easier. Is this just faulty logic?
#66 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:26 AM

[in a verrrry tiny voice] i got one.

beginner's luck?

no secret really -- just didn't try for the "hot" ones (lol, they're all hot) refresh refresh refresh, paste in addy and hit enter.

i promise to give it a good home, and pet it a lot.

now going to hide too.
#67 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:26 AM

Okay, all i had to do was paste my addy in and hit buy it now... and I still missed all of them? I hope whoever got them enjoys them... I just don't understand how it goes SOOOO fast, but power to ya! :LOL
And Holli, don't feel bad, Lily needs Pie, too.
#68 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:26 AM

OMG!!! I GOT ONE!!!! I GOT ONE!!! I GOT ONE!!!

None of the ones that I wanted but I will take it dangit. I WILL TAKE IT!

I got a MD Butterscotch wool one. Plain and simple but I got it... sigh.

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#69 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:26 AM

This morning in bed I asked myself whether I felt lucky or not and try to score one. I quickly decided I wasn't lucky because I was awake before 7:00. LOL Then I rationalized further that for $30 maybe I should try and find another soaker. Congrats to anyone who got one and don't feel guilty. You'll just have to treat it like a furry friend.
#70 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:27 AM

Out smarted by the hyena cart

:
#71 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:27 AM

I just don't get how it works, how can it be gone that fast? HOW HOW HOW? I'm usually a pretty good stalker, but this damn cart makes it impossible. Up until the cart I could usually walk away with something from a stalking and now my stalking days are numbered. I think I'm more upset about that then not getting a KP. Jamie, can I join you in your retirement home? I have no energy left to defeat and take down the heyna cart :

I'm happy for those of you who got your KP. Holli, please don't feel bad. You deserved the cover just as much as anyone else and I know deep down we all know it. Emotions are just running at full speed and everyone is pumped with TOO MUCH adrenaline. Congrats to those who scored!
#72 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Rhonda,
Good for you!! Which one did you snag??

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.
#73 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:27 AM

DS is crying because I was sooooo involved in this, and NOTHING. I'm almot in tears myself!!! I got to put in my e-mail address about four times and by the time I got to hit send, it was already sold out. I hate stockings!!

Marie, single mama to an amazing 8 year-old boy and living "outside the box" in just about every way possible for this corner of the country  

#74 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:27 AM

congrats Holli! who else got one? come on, people HAD to have gotten them, I put in my addy for one at 10:10, one at 10:15 and one at 10:20 quick enough to do that but they were already gone when I pressed the add to cart
fess up so we can drool!
#75 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:27 AM

Quote:
I keep thinking this will get easier because the folks who are the fastest will get theirs and the demand will lessen. So perhaps by next fall it will be easier. Is this just faulty logic?
I don't know... I think that people will feel the kiwi-love and want more.
#76 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:28 AM

I just wonder what the solution is to these types of things. If making and stocking in store products are easier for the WAHM, well, people get mad, sad, upset, disappointed, angry, depressed because they didn't score one. What are the other options? Everyone puts their name in a hat and a name gets drawn for a certain diaper? Or what about these all go up on ebay? That's still not fair because I have a feeling that the auction would drive the price of the cover way up there, making it unobtainable for a lot of folks. That's not bad for the WAHM of course. :LOL
#77 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:28 AM

Congrats Holli! Did you end up with more than one? You will love them!
#78 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:28 AM

Yeah, I was doing the paste my address in trick and no luck. Guess I'm back to my non hyena diapers. Oh well ME work fine.
#79 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:29 AM

Holli, will you help me stalk the larges??

Marie, single mama to an amazing 8 year-old boy and living "outside the box" in just about every way possible for this corner of the country  

#80 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:29 AM

Did anyone get any glitches, though? On the third round, after I hit buy, it went to a totally blank page. And on the fourth, a page came up that it exceeded limitations, or something like that.

Karen???
#81 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustasmom
Did anyone get any glitches, though? On the third round, after I hit buy, it went to a totally blank page. And on the fourth, a page came up that it exceeded limitations, or something like that.

Karen???
I got that too, but it went away at the next refresh.
#82 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:30 AM

That's odd Kim. I got the CGI limits exceeded page once.

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.
#83 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:31 AM

So ladies, besides Holli and Rhonda, who got what???

#84 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:32 AM

I like the lottery idea. Everyone who wants to buy can email the wahm after the preview. They can be assigned a # just like a raffle, and if your # is randomly selected then you get to pick one from what is left. Those who won would be out of the running until all the #s came up.
#85 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannect
I just don't get how it works, how can it be gone that fast? HOW HOW HOW? I'm usually a pretty good stalker, but this damn cart makes it impossible. Up until the cart I could usually walk away with something from a stalking and now my stalking days are numbered. I think I'm more upset about that then not getting a KP. Jamie, can I join you in your retirement home? I have no energy left to defeat and take down the heyna cart :
That is how I feel.I used to be able to score at almost every stocking until Hyena cart came along.I guess I really need to appreciate what I have because this hyena cart is the end of my stalking era.
#86 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:33 AM

Quote:

Karen???
Happened to me as well, but it went away at the next refresh...but it threw me off.

Tina ~ SAHcarrot.gif- head Mama to - 

DS blowkiss.gif(07/'03), DD energy.gif(05'05), DS, unplanned UC sleepytime.gif(01/'09), DD joy.gif(06/'11) ...

SURPRISE!  dizzy.gifNew little one, due Sept. 2013

#87 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:33 AM

Quote:

Karen???
I got them on every other refresh.
#88 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:34 AM

yup got the cgi error
#89 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutie Patootie
Happened to me as well, but it went away at the next refresh...but it threw me off.

Hey, that was your 1000th post. And look at the face you made.

#90 of 148 Old 07-02-2004, 11:35 AM

OH....MY........GOODNESS!!! I cannot believe it! I actually GOT one! OMG!!! I didn't think I got any of them, since EVERY TIME I refreshed, pasted my email, and clicked pay now, and EVERY TIME it immediately said "sold out." When I had given up (at 10:20 and 2 seconds), I thought I would check my email one more time before getting off the computer to go to my LLL meeting, and LO AND BEHOLD, there's an email saying I WON the DISCOUNTED MEDIUM HAND-DYED GRAPE CASHMERE!!! Wow! I don't even know why I was giving into this insanity. I mean, I JUST started CDing. I am still waiting on my stash even! What in the world do I think I'm doing STALKING the hyena cart for goodness' sake? I'm no hyena! No one will even know how special this is except me! OH, but I PROMISE I will love it and give it a good home!!!

This is so silly.......... My mouth is all dry from the excitement!

(Now, please don't hate me... Thank you.)

Mama K: Child of God, wife to S, mama to 3 little beauties and 1 handsome little guy!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page