The week from H--L! Diapers, Diapers, Diapers - (long) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-03-2004, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello and Happy holiday weekend to everyone!

I can very honestly say that I am soooooo very glad that this week is over!!!! It has truly been horrible. Here I am sitting here on Saturday and it all is weighing heavily on me so, I came here to vent and share.

Summary - MAJOR overdraft fees, unexpected hospital stay and bebe's first big bump on the head

It started with, nothing other than dipe purchases. As I have stated many times here before we are just geting started and working diligently to get our stash build up.

Earlier last week (week of the 21st) I had requested funds from one of the investment accounts that I had set up with my employer. I did this in an effort to take some of the $$$ pressure off of DH in trying to cover some of the medical bills and better establish our dipe stash (from washing and drying, since it has been so rainy here, almost daily cause our power bill to be almost double!!!).

Late last week I came across some dipe deals on the TP that really seemed like they might work for us. I talked w/ some of hte mamas and they didn't mind working with me waiting until the funds came in.

Thursday the 24th I phoned the company that was drafting the check and they told me that the funds showed that they were at my bank. Well, my bank was having a terrible time w/ thier website and noone could successfuly view thier accounts. So, I called the telebanking center and they assured me that if the people sending the funds could see it at the bank that it should credit my account at midnight. Friday I still couldn't get access to the account and called again and was told the funds were "at the warehouse and were being credited that day".

Late Friday afternoon I went off to PayPal and was able to successfully send payments to the two mamas that agreed to work with me. I also was able to get some wipes from a WHAM and some used CPFs from another to extend our stash and found some Snappis for a good price at another site. Too, I paid for my splurge at RB that I managed to secure as MY FIRST successfully STALKED cover ! We are on our way to a well rounded stash!!!!!!!!!

As you can tell there were several different transactions. My bank doesn't clear funds from weekend purchases until Monday at midnight. WELL, Tuesday morning there were just over $300 in overdraft fees charged to my account. My direct deposit did not hit until Tuesday morning at 7:33 (instead of Friday) and all of my transactions hit between midnight and 2:00 a.m. on Tuesday!!!!

The lesson learned here - See the $$$ don't take someone's word for it AND PayPal is NOT like a department store, the grocery store or the gas station. You try to use your bank card there and the funds aren't there they tell you nicely NO! At PayPal you can spend away and get in tons of TROUBLE!

Now I gotta find a way out of this jam! I've got some stuff I can part with but can't list here on TP 'cause I'm too new. So, I guess I have to go to eBay. YUK!

Wednesday I started not feeling well. Thursday I ended up in the hospital with severe dehydration from the 101 - 102 fever I had been running for almost two days. I had kidney stones and mastitis in one breast. I had surgery early Friday morn to remove the stones. The mastitis spread to the other side causing a form of strep. I cam home late Friday to rest and recuperate. Now we wait to see what insurance pays and for our part of the bill! DH & MIL worked w/ me so DS could be at the hospital w/ me. So, at least nither of us had to deal with being seperated from one another for the first time and he got to stay with his Yum-Yum-Nummies!

This morning I woke up with my voice almost gone and a chest cold, I suppose my body just can't take any more trauma/drama. Then DS fell and bumped his head late this morning and has a bump just over one of his eyebrows. Poor fella! He seems okay, we have been following protocol and watching him closely.

We had FLUFF mail when we got home and had more today!!!! (yep, some of the stuff that go me in fianancial debt!) I am still trying to convert DH and he liked the FLAG and a sherriff wool cover that we got from a mama here! Yeah!

One last bad thing - I had stayed w/in my dipe budget really well and was going to keep some of the $$ for a Luxe Baby custom order. I so want these silk dipes and wool covers. This WHAM is soooooooooooo nice and her silk liners are FABULOUS!!! I am now scrounging around to find a way to still do this - : keep 'em crossed that we can! Too now that DH likes FLAGS, I gotta aquire some more.

Now, another mishap! DH was watching DS while I was typing this and DS lost his balance and fell again trying to pull up on and bumped his head again. Now he has another bump on his forehead, I feel so terrible for him!!!!!!!

Tomorrow is the start of a new week!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 07-03-2004, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

We have a substitute mail lady this week and I truly believe that she thinks she has been reincarnated as the Easter Bunny. She puts our mail (letters, mags) in the box and small parecels on the porch. Today we had mail in three places, there was a medium sized box in front of the garage!

Hey, it was more fluff mail, so who's complaining! Soooo excited we got some Aplix to make DH's transition even easier (although he got broke in pretty good at the hospital ). We got a few Aplix fitteds and wool covers! Can't wait to try them! Thanks TP mama!!!!!!
#3 of 7 Old 07-03-2004, 07:11 PM

GO and talk to your banks manager. Sometimes that can help fix a one time mistake that really wasn't your fault. I had great success talking with our bank manager about something similar and he fixed it up for me.
#4 of 7 Old 07-03-2004, 07:23 PM

Holy cow, what a week!!

I hope the bank is kind and removes those fees since they SAID you had the $$ there!
#5 of 7 Old 07-03-2004, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

They agreed to split some of the fees w/ me and I didn't include what small sum they agreed to absorb in the $$$$ amount. I was and am very dissapointed in how they handled this. I have been with the bank for 7 years and never had to deal with them on anything like this. I guess I know now what kind of customer service they really have. :
#6 of 7 Old 07-03-2004, 07:36 PM

I agree, go talk to the bank. Even if they can't get rid of all of the fees, the might be able to reduce them a lot. I really hope you can get it worked out.
#7 of 7 Old 07-03-2004, 08:26 PM

I am sorry you had such a bad week.The next one has to be better

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page