Tuesday Wagon!!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, I forgot about the flats for backups - that sounds like plenty. Are you going to use one type of fitted or a variety. It would be kind of nice to have your absolute favorites you get to use all the time
#32 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 03:49 PM

Quote:
No, no, no, I think if you are planning on washing every other day that is a totally perfect stash size. It is even enough for a cushion on those days when you end up with more dirties than usual!
Woohoo! Thanks!

Quote:
Are you going to use one type of fitted or a variety. It would be kind of nice to have your absolute favorites you get to use all the time
i don't know, i have so many diapers that i like. i think in the next week or so i'll have to pay close attention to what fits her best and go from there. or maybe i should list what we have and have you guys help me narrow it down. too many great diapers, not enough space to hold them all.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#33 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 04:53 PM

yes yes tell us what you have!

Um, guys....my elbee number is up.
#34 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 04:59 PM

What # are you?
#35 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 05:06 PM

206 i think....
#36 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Where oh where has my wagon gone? Where oh where can it be?
#37 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymom
yes yes tell us what you have!

Um, guys....my elbee number is up.

How exciting! How long have you been waiting?

We all agreed that pre-wagon commitments should be honored if at all possible!
#38 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 06:11 PM

I stayed on...but I had a fever of 102, so that might be why. Does that count?
#39 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusBeans
I stayed on...but I had a fever of 102, so that might be why. Does that count?
Everything counts when you're on the wagon!
#40 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 06:38 PM

hanging on tight! if cushie tushie had watermelon for size large, i would've jumped but i'm hanging back on again! the only thing i have going on is ebay- very small!
#41 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 06:41 PM

okay, i'll take stock of everything today and post this list on wednesday's wagon.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#42 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloesmom
unsub from their announcement list for a while. If you don't know they are stocking, you won't be as tempted.
That is an excellent idea!! Thanks
#43 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 07:54 PM

Becky, I'm getting 15 dipes, a daytime dyed wooly bully, and a dip dyed pants/hat set. The dipes will all be pocket fitteds, 7 in organic short velour, and 8 in hemp/cotton. I'm getting 10 sidewalled-ones, and 5 regular ones, too. I've been waiting 7 months for my number to come up...by the time they get here it'll be my birthday, no doubt (sep 4)....
#44 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 08:06 PM

Yummy sounding elbee's. I am so torn about getting any. Good thing my number is very far off. We probably won't have any more babies and I wonder if DD will get her moneys worth out of them.

I too need to do a stash evaluation. I know we have some stuff I don't really love. We are washing every other day too. I know we need at least two dozen for the super wetter.

I need to change my VK order but that is just a fabric choice thing. Maybe some of my fluff will come soon and that would help out a bit. I have really been wanting to buy lately.

Hang on ladies.

Christi
DS1(12), DD(7)blessed with T21, DS2(2), and DD2 - newly arrived 1/28/11
#45 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

Evening wagon bump!
#46 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 10:52 PM

well, i resisted the very baby opening but it was hard. also, i don't know what i'll order when my elbee number comes up. seems silly to get smalls for my dd who will probably be nearing 2 by the time my number comes around, but the mediums are just so saggy on her...hmmmm.....maybe i'll have better luck with the 2 fcb fitteds i'm eventually going to get.

#47 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 11:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtokay
well, i resisted the very baby opening but it was hard. also, i don't know what i'll order when my elbee number comes up. seems silly to get smalls for my dd who will probably be nearing 2 by the time my number comes around, but the mediums are just so saggy on her...hmmmm.....maybe i'll have better luck with the 2 fcb fitteds i'm eventually going to get.
I know! Very Baby was difficult to resist, especially with the new woven fabrics available. I am also having a hard time staying away from those darn Muttaqins! :LOL But I am about to shut down the ole computer for the day, so I think it will be ok.
#48 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 11:59 PM

ack, very baby is still open. i started trying to list everything we have (even though most of it is at the other house) but i thinking about it does help me realize we don't need any more fluff, though i'll probably at least get something when my two custom slots come up. i'm sure i'm missing at least a few things, but this is most of it.

ssince it's so late, i'll probably post this again tomorrow. someone help me narrow things down, please. i have...

12 medium cloud 9 softies (great fit, rise will probably get too short in the rise before dd potty trains)
10-12 medium elbee fitteds (currently not a good fit on dd + 12 more that I’m in the process of selling and hoping to replace with smalls/medlongs if/when my number comes up)
10-12 fitfolds (homemade prefold contours, like these a lot)
2 small fireflies (great fit, but will probably be outgrown before pt, would love more)
1 small bottom bumper fitted
4 homemade fitteds (trim, but slightly too big since I made them when dd was a chubby baby not the thin toddler she has become)
8 hemp flats
1 bbh wio (2 soakers)
5 knickernappies disposanots
2 very baby aios (love these, resisting the opening, want more, resisting, resisting, resistin)
12 new/like new hand dyed premium cpfs
4 or so hand dyed infant cpfs

4 wooly bullies
2 sugar peas wool
1 kiwi pie (on the way)
1 kss
1 knit witz baby soaker tester
1 too big tinker soaker
6 bumkins wraps
2 cotton nijis
2 cotton nikkys
12+ featherlites

ack, i'm so shocked and embarrased to realize what all we have. and this doesn't count all the stuff packed in a box for me to sell once i'm settled in the new house...

#49 of 57 Old 07-07-2004, 01:02 AM

very baby is still open. anyone here to talk me out of ordering?!? do you see all the fluff we have. we don't need more fluff. i can't believe the wagon driver is sleeping at a time like this. :LOL

#50 of 57 Old 07-07-2004, 01:05 AM

I will talk you out if you talk me out!!! ACK!

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#51 of 57 Old 07-07-2004, 01:08 AM

What I've started to do when I have the urge to buy:

Start a WORD Document of all your Cloth diapering items!
I started this on June 18th
Be sure to include all your custom orders that you are waiting on as well........

So when I have the urge to spend I just open up my document & go over everything I HAVE~Or everything that I have to save up for~
#52 of 57 Old 07-07-2004, 01:09 AM

Amy & Kristen get out of very baby girls!

Start a word doc of all the fluff you already have
#53 of 57 Old 07-07-2004, 01:10 AM

hmmm, okay, i'll try. let's see...you don't need anything from very baby. i'm sure you wouldn't like them at all. they probably wouldn't even fit your dd. they're custom orders so you'll have to wait to get them. plus you if you don't get some you can save up for when bottom bumpers opens again. hmmm, did that help?

#54 of 57 Old 07-07-2004, 01:12 AM

I'm still on too - barely I sold a couple things on the TP to buy some AIO's I want (but don't need). Now I'm thinking I would feel so much better if my paypal went to my FM custom order. I could get embroidery on my AIO's and get exactly what I want. The AIO's I was going to get today were print outers - which I had sworn off because they always end up wicking I'm still debating though

Momtokay, you inspired my to simplify my stash a little. I have so many fitteds that I really think it would take me several weeks to do a full rotation. I decided to get rid of a dozen SOS. These are my favorite fitteds but I just have way too many. So I got rid of any I didn't truly love It's so nice to have a more reasonable stack of fitteds that fit in our changing table.

I also haven't read any posts about the muttaqin sale or very baby opening - I'm not even going to look!!!!

OK and about narrowing things down, I would put the diapers you love in the for sure to keep pile bbh wio's, kss, etc. Not sure what next - it's getting too late to think But that's a start!

Oh, and if you ever sell your wooly bullies - think of me
#55 of 57 Old 07-07-2004, 01:16 AM

Make a list of reasons you don't need them or won't like them!!! Resist, resist, resist
#56 of 57 Old 07-07-2004, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2jack
Momtokay, you inspired my to simplify my stash a little. I have so many fitteds that I really think it would take me several weeks to do a full rotation. I decided to get rid of a dozen SOS. These are my favorite fitteds but I just have way too many. So I got rid of any I didn't truly love It's so nice to have a more reasonable stack of fitteds that fit in our changing table.

OK and about narrowing things down, I would put the diapers you love in the for sure to keep pile bbh wio's, kss, etc. Not sure what next - it's getting too late to think But that's a start!

Oh, and if you ever sell your wooly bullies - think of me
Woohoo!! Glad I helped you pare down a bit. I'm hoping to pare down a lot and tackle this diaper hyena problem for good. I'll post my list again in the am and hopefully people can help me narrow it down. It's funny how hard it is to part with diapers.

#57 of 57 Old 07-07-2004, 04:44 AM

I crumbled..... underneath a baby blue and a baby yellow colored very basic AIOs..... :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page