Tuesday Wagon!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok people! Who stole all the wool straightjackets?!? I know you guys are desperate, but come on! : (I really wanted to try out that smilie!)

Time to fess up! How many people fell off this weekend, and who stayed strong?
#2 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 12:59 PM

I stayed strong! No diapering items, and no yarn.
#3 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Yay Michelle!
#4 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 01:07 PM

I did fine over the weekend. I wasn't on-line. But today I bought a new sugar plum baby fitted. I must stop.

Christi
DS1(12), DD(7)blessed with T21, DS2(2), and DD2 - newly arrived 1/28/11
#5 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 01:18 PM

Umm, I bought a pair of cushie tushie longies today. : But I am selling some things to pay for it.
#6 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 01:29 PM

I bought 2 muttaqin fitteds... NO ONE WAS HERE THIS MORNING TO STOP ME...I got some extra $$, had it in my hand for 10 minutes and RAN over to muttaqin...shame on me...I have no self control...well maybe I do, I sold some stuff over the weekend totalling almost $100, and I haven't spent it
#7 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by todzwife
I bought 2 muttaqin fitteds... NO ONE WAS HERE THIS MORNING TO STOP ME...I got some extra $$, had it in my hand for 10 minutes and RAN over to muttaqin...shame on me...I have no self control...well maybe I do, I sold some stuff over the weekend totalling almost $100, and I haven't spent it

Sorry Shandelle, the kids actually let me sleep this morning! a Enjoy your Muttaqins! I have one and I love it!!!
#8 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holli
You know.. I keep thinking I really should hop on the wagon, but then the darn thing keeps running right over me!

Seriously, I'm probably going to hop on in August.. just need a few more things.. okay, need is the wrong word!

ETA: My 200th post! I should buy a diaper to celebrate!

Holli
Holli, Holli, Holli Save you celebratory diaper purchase for your 1000th post!
#9 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lena_girl
Umm, I bought a pair of cushie tushie longies today. : But I am selling some things to pay for it.
Yeah the Cushie Tushie thing almost got me too, but I decided we have to have grocery money for next week. Darn kids think they need to eat!
#10 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrfath
I did fine over the weekend. I wasn't on-line. But today I bought a new sugar plum baby fitted. I must stop.
Christi, stress induced purchases can happen.
#11 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 01:52 PM

I am still firmly planted on the wagon but it is taking everything I have to stay on! I don't know how I will resist if SOS stocks today. :
#12 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katytheprincess2
I am still firmly planted on the wagon but it is taking everything I have to stay on! I don't know how I will resist if SOS stocks today. :
unsub from their announcement list for a while. If you don't know they are stocking, you won't be as tempted.
#13 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 01:57 PM

I stayed on, i'm so glad there were others here with me.
#14 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 01:57 PM

Still on~didn't buy anything (although I really wanted to yesterday)!!!

And YES UNSUBBING from yahoo groups/etc will help you if you're serious about it
#15 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 01:58 PM

i'm off the wagon. i need new fluff to get me excited about cd'ing. i'm trying to save up because i have custom order slots with elbee and fluffymail, but am not doing so well as i only have $40 in paypal right now. got to get some diapers out on the next sunny day so i can put together a fs list before my numbers come up. but, i still want something now to get back into cloth again...i've lost that feelin' when it comes to cloth right now.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#16 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtokay
i'm off the wagon. i need new fluff to get me excited about cd'ing. i'm trying to save up because i have custom order slots with elbee and fluffymail, but am not doing so well as i only have $40 in paypal right now. got to get some diapers out on the next sunny day so i can put together a fs list before my numbers come up. but, i still want something now to get back into cloth again...i've lost that feelin' when it comes to cloth right now.
Oh no! I KWYM! Could you maybe put your dipes up for trade on TP so you can get something new to you???

Saving up for FM & El BEE can be a lot but I guess it depends on what your getting! Think about what you will be getting from both
#17 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Good job Des and Kimberly!

Kristin, I'm sorry you're having diaper blues!

Kimberly, good advice for Kristen!!! You have been listening! :LOL
#18 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 02:01 PM

away from the MDC diapering board for today so I do not get tempted again by all the temptresses here. : :
#19 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingMama
away from the MDC diapering board for today so I do not get tempted again by all the temptresses here. : :

Good idea Kathleen!
#20 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 02:10 PM

I'm still on - but yesterday and today have been really hard : I'm selling a couple of things on the TP because there are custom slots for some AIO's I REALLY want. I'm afraid if I wait to buy too many hyenas will discover this WAHM and I'll never be able to get another one. I did a trade yesterday on the TP which is fun - new to me fluff coming in the mail and I didn't have to spend anything Also, before I listed my dipes on the TP I went to paypal to check what I had paid for something and it was so cool to see my 7 day history with no money spent - instead of a huge list of purchases!!! That was super motivating!!
#21 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2jack
Also, before I listed my dipes on the TP I went to paypal to check what I had paid for something and it was so cool to see my 7 day history with no money spent - instead of a huge list of purchases!!! That was super motivating!!
Wow! Good for you!
#22 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 03:00 PM

I fell off. Hard.

I couldn't resist Cushie Tushie this morning. Then, my name got picked first for knitwitzbaby custom. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.
#23 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 03:05 PM

Okay ladies, instead of shopping, help me refine our dipe stash. :LOL

In an attempt to cut down on the random buying/trading/selling, I'm wanting a more streamlined stash. I'm thinking:

18 fitteds
6 aios
6-12 hemp flats (backup dipes and for travelling)
2-4 night dipes

And how many covers does one need? I've completely lost touch with a reasonable number of covers.

First off does that seem reasonable for a 15-month old? Too many, too few? If that sounds good next, I'll need help deciding which dipes to keep/buy to complete this stash. I have so many more diapers than this it's hard to think of narrowing it down, but it seems like a reasonable number to me?!?

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#24 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 03:09 PM

I'm still here, I have 7 ebay links in my faves to watch tho
#25 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 03:25 PM

Quote:

In an attempt to cut down on the random buying/trading/selling, I'm wanting a more streamlined stash. I'm thinking:

18 fitteds
6 aios
2-4 night dipes

And how many covers does one need? I've completely lost touch with a reasonable number of covers.

First off does that seem reasonable for a 15-month old? Too many, too few? If that sounds good next, I'll need help deciding which dipes to keep/buy to complete this stash. I have so many more diapers than this it's hard to think of narrowing it down, but it seems like a reasonable number to me?!?
It doesn't sound like much, but I think I've lost touch with reasonable too So, are you thinking of doing laundry every other day? That would probably make it for every other day - maybe a few more diapers though. I don't know about covers, maybe at least 3 or 4 daytime and 1 or 2 nighttime minimum.
#26 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

18 fitteds
6 aios
2-4 night dipes

That would probably be great if you do plan on doing laundry every other day, or maybe even every three days if your little one doesn't go through too many. We currently have 10 fitteds, 6 prefolds, and 1 AIO for Chloe. For Matthew we have 6 pocket diapers and 12 prefolds. I do laundry every other day.

As far as covers go, I would say 4-6 if you use wool. If they are all either PUL or fleece, you might want a couple more.( depends on how messy your baby is)
#27 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 03:34 PM

Um okay I just fell off

It wasn't something I really needed (and I'm not even sure it will fit :LOL) BUT......$11 ppd couldn't be beat
#28 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 03:36 PM

Quote:
It doesn't sound like much, but I think I've lost touch with reasonable too So, are you thinking of doing laundry every other day? That would probably make it for every other day - maybe a few more diapers though. I don't know about covers, maybe at least 3 or 4 daytime and 1 or 2 nighttime minimum.
I'll wash every other day. Leaving dirties longer than that grosses me out for some reason. That's 3 dozen diapers if you include the flats. Would 4 dozen be better? See, like I said I don't know what reasonable is anymore. I'd hate to sell off so many and wind up with not enough to comfortably wash every other day. How about 3 wool for day, 2 wool for night and 4 wraps for the flats and fitteds? I'm not sure I can narrow it down even that much. lol!!

#29 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthreeboys
Um okay I just fell off

It wasn't something I really needed (and I'm not even sure it will fit :LOL) BUT......$11 ppd couldn't be beat
:LOL Ok, now back up you go :giving you a hand back onto the wagon:
#30 of 57 Old 07-06-2004, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I'll wash every other day. Leaving dirties longer than that grosses me out for some reason. That's 3 dozen diapers if you include the flats. Would 4 dozen be better? See, like I said I don't know what reasonable is anymore. I'd hate to sell off so many and wind up with not enough to comfortably wash every other day. How about 3 wool for day, 2 wool for night and 4 wraps for the flats and fitteds? I'm not sure I can narrow it down even that much. lol!!
No, no, no, I think if you are planning on washing every other day that is a totally perfect stash size. It is even enough for a cushion on those days when you end up with more dirties than usual!

Cover wise you have a great plan too! Way to go Mama!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page