Mothering Forum banner

Oh, that Ellen!

477 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Ok 
#1 ·
Do any of you mamas watch her? I was watching a re-run this morning, and she had some actor on there who also happened to be a new father. They got to talking about changing diapers and she was like "Can you imagine having to use those pins, and the folding, and the wriggly baby, etc etc"?? making all the gestures with her hands like it was the hardest thing on earth and then they both started agreeing how lucky "we are" to have sposies!
Ellen mentioned the words "user-friendly" and all I could think was WTF??? Geez. I was almost wound up over it, but figured she doesn't know that they're still around. And so much fun! But yeah, that's been on my mind all day.
Hey, it's my 50th post! Too bad I **** have to wait 1.5 months to get on the fairy list

Also, I just realized today that I should get myself another wetbag and pail liner, I've only got one of each and it never occured to me that I don't have to suffer using grocery bags while either one is in the wash. Hello?!
Anyway, I don't really like the Bummis ones I have... does anyone have suggestions? Not expensive (beyond broke!) but pretty? Well the pail liner doesn't have to be, but I'd like a cute wetbag. AND I'd like to get some heavy-duty wipes for when Liam starts solids, he's going to be six months on the 24th
I've got knit/velour right now and they're fine for BF poos, but I'm thinking sherpa for the future. Is this what works good for those sticky poos? TIA!

See less See more
#2 ·
LOL....I missed it today. You should send her one of the "easy" diapers....I bet she talks about it on the air!
Especially if you can manage to get her picture on the diaper... LOL!!

#3 ·
I dont have a pail liner or wet bag, and my wipes are wonderful freebies or some used ones I got off the TP.

I find Ellen highly annoying and not that bright (am I allowed to say that?
), so her comments don't surprise me. I don't think she's ever considered what being a mom is about so her opinion doesn't count.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.