Rollin rollin rollin... keep that Thursday Wagon rollin - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Although I have some PayPal in my account, I am being good... I have to buy some yarn, so I will keep my little mits off of it for the day.

And is Angelica off somewhere, enjoying her day? She is the first to start this thread.
#2 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 09:15 AM

I am definately on. DH is very concerned that his office may be closing. That would be very bad. I don't even want to think about it.

But I will definately not be buying any diapers for a while. Selling some old ones to buy maybe but no impulse buys. I am deciding what we like best to make an good choice so I can simplify. Right now I am really liking her sidesnapping FMBG. It is so hard to decide.

Wool does need to be purchased I will be doing that today. That is for a paying soaker job so that is a good thing.

Christi
DS1(12), DD(7)blessed with T21, DS2(2), and DD2 - newly arrived 1/28/11
#3 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 09:16 AM

Hold me on tight. I fell off last night for 4 salamander soakers Stacy from LLL offered to the mailing list only. : Well, there went the $$ I got for selling some nursing bras on ebay. Good thing I've still got a baby monitor that's at $30 right now...
#4 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrfath
I am definately on. DH is very concerned that his office may be closing. That would be very bad. I don't even want to think about it.
Oh I hope that doesn't happen! Big to you mama!
#5 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 09:19 AM

I'm on too! I'm daring today, my blinders are off and so is my straightjacket!

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos
#6 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrfath

But I will definately not be buying any diapers for a while. Selling some old ones to buy maybe but no impulse buys. I am deciding what we like best to make an good choice so I can simplify. Right now I am really liking her sidesnapping FMBG. It is so hard to decide.

Wool does need to be purchased I will be doing that today. That is for a paying soaker job so that is a good thing.
Oh no.... I sure hope that doesn't happen, either!!!!
#7 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 09:33 AM

I got my Fern and Faerie pattern in the mail yesterday! Hooray! I already have the yarn for it because I'm the sort who just buys yarn without projects in mind (My name is Alison and I am a yarn addict. : ). Anyway, it does help you stay on the wagon!

That said, the daycare accidentally threw one of my diapers away , and it was a daddy-diaper too, so I think that it's only fair that I be allowed to replace it! So, I might have to fall off the wagon (just briefly!) for that.

Alison
#8 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 09:50 AM

Yup, I have been enjoying my day, Meredith. I went into the marketplace and picked up a liter of yummmmmalicious strawberries and added some items to my own flea market table (feels SO good to get rid of crap around the house you don't need/use), and then took a 2 hour nap snuggled up with the snuggly bug, and then I actually cleaned my house, scrubbing the floor shiny everywhere even though I just did so yesterday because crumbs & debris just come inside from everywhere constantly! ( so unlike me) And I have a workout class to go to while my mom watches DS in about an hour and a half. AND I have fluffymail today I have to go pick up at the post office,....in just 30 more minutes! I don't have a clue what it is but I can't wait! (hoping for my custom RB wooly pullie) My mom is working on a natural colored striped soaker for a MDC mama friend of mine who likes the bulkier crochet knit and wants her babe to match mine and she is also making the buggle a knitted soaker with some merino wool we found at the corner store that is Wal-Mart-esque in it's offerings.

But you know what, even with all the cleaning, napping, cuddling, flea-market-tabling, strawberry buying, going-to-the-gym-plans, and all..... I have been constantly wondering about my Bottom Bumpers custom order that I fell off the wagon with.... how many? Front snap side snap colors????? So many choices... I am bad. :
#9 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 10:02 AM

does it count that I am getting one, used, old-style beccabottoms AIO for very cheap from becky? no, right? i had to add a little $ to my custom order b/c i made a few changes & adding just $8 more for an AIO seems very wagon-friendly :LOL i'm quickly frittering my paypal $ away & my daisy-doodles number is coming up fast :
#10 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 10:08 AM

What time is it there exactly Angelica?! It's only 9am here and I can't even think about what I'm going to be doing today. :LOL I'm tired just reading about yours.

I'm still here but thinking of falling off for prefolds. I decided last night that I had to wash everything so that I had my entire stash clean and folded on the changing table with nothing in the diaper pail. So I washed all of the fitteds by themselves and then into the dryer. Then I threw all of my prefolds (dyed ones included) into the wash, I had already washed the dyed ones once alone so I figured I was safe to wash them with the others...wrong! All of my white prefolds are now a pretty shade of baby pink. I tried washing them this morning with a little bleach to whiten them again and it didn't work. Ack! Vent over

Ok, I'm still here but I may be jumping off very soon!
#11 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyH
What time is it there exactly Angelica?! It's only 9am here and I can't even think about what I'm going to be doing today. :LOL I'm tired just reading about yours.
I am glad to know I wasn't the only one who wanted to lie down for a nap .... you have a TON of energy, Angelica!!!!!
#12 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison
I got my Fern and Faerie pattern in the mail yesterday! Hooray! I already have the yarn for it because I'm the sort who just buys yarn without projects in mind (My name is Alison and I am a yarn addict. : ). Anyway, it does help you stay on the wagon!
Glad to know I am not the only yarn addict on the wagon!! I was talking about making a trip to our local YS with DH yesterday... he looked at me and said "what's wrong with the 10 skeins of yarn sitting around here now?"

It is an obsession....
#13 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 10:29 AM

Um. I fell off. Last night. I think Amy ran right over me, too. I've got a skid mark from a wagon wheel on my back. Thanks to the incredible sweetness of a certain mama and some luck on my part (it not working out for her dd), I scored the KSS Falling Dusk from last week's stocking. (And I used $$ from selling dipes to pay for it) But I have to say, I'm not even feeling guilty for my transgression- it was worth the injury from the fall, too. But I'm back on today.

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

#14 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

WOW!!!! That is WAY awesome, Brandi!!! Good for you!! I wanna see it when you get it!!

For someone who didn't have wool, you scored a GREAT one on that one!!! Way to go!!
#15 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 10:35 AM

I'm here, rolling along!
#16 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 10:55 AM

WOW Brandi, what a score!

Oops, sorry if I ran you over. I didn't mean to really! Must have been on a chocolate high or something!

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos
#17 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 11:05 AM

Well, i'm still here I haven't bought anything in a while and I tell you it get easier everyday (although I haven't been able to stop looking), I'm still planning a big purchase next month so that's helping me to hang on. I've also been looking at this year's curriculum for the older kids so that's definitly helping me not to spend and we may be getting two dogs, so coming up with a pet deposit will be consuming me now, but I know that diapers will never be far from my mind. We can do it.
#18 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 11:11 AM

Help, somebody hold me on! A certain post about custom soaker pants is about to drag me off the wagon!

J
#19 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj'smommy
WOW Brandi, what a score!

Oops, sorry if I ran you over. I didn't mean to really! Must have been on a chocolate high or something!
I even asked if you were okay to drive!!! And sheesh - look what happens - you strip, run someone over, and CONGRATULATE her for her score. Hand over the chocolate, PRONTO! :LOL

chrfath : for your dh. I hope that doesn't happen

Everyone who hung on after yesterday's wild ride (patting myself on the back too): congrats!

To those who had diaper "accidents" I think you are excused from the wagon to replace those items
#20 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifra73
Help, somebody hold me on! A certain post about custom soaker pants is about to drag me off the wagon!

J
don't do it!!! You've been doing so well...
#21 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahmom
I even asked if you were okay to drive!!! And sheesh - look what happens - you strip, run someone over, and CONGRATULATE her for her score. Hand over the chocolate, PRONTO! :LOL

chrfath : for your dh. I hope that doesn't happen

Everyone who hung on after yesterday's wild ride (patting myself on the back too): congrats!

To those who had diaper "accidents" I think you are excused from the wagon to replace those items

Oooo.... do I really have to hand over the keys????? I was having a good time driving.

Or should I say hand over the reins...
#22 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahmom
don't do it!!! You've been doing so well...
Thanks for the restraints

I think the moment has passed (deep breath).

I'm still here (wipes sweat from brow)

J
#23 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 11:22 AM

I'm holding on again today. I hope it's a smooth ride! I've got at least 2 more days before I can buy anything. I'm getting my website and need to buy lots of fabric and supplies. So I really need some help!

No new diapers for me, thank you!

What am I saying???!!!
#24 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 11:38 AM

Well I never left here although I was wishing I could have a few times yesterday. : I wish money grew on trees!
#25 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 12:04 PM

I'm here! Good morning all! I glanced at the custom orders for soaker pants, but calmly walked away. Too much $$$ for me right now anyway. Glad to see everybody hangin in there!
For those who fell off, get your tushes back up on this wagon and try to hold on tighter today!
#26 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 12:06 PM

Hey, where's Shelly at this morning? Did I lose my wagon buddy?
#27 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 12:09 PM

I need to figure out this TP thing so I can thin my stash out and get some Paypal! I've got sooo many diapers that didn't do it for me That's not falling off the wagon right?
#28 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 12:13 PM

i was bad bad bad. I need to be bad again...but I think its nessesary. If she poops with her butt hanging out, there could be trouble
#29 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 12:22 PM
Ok

I'm still here. Come pick me up please. I'll be quiet and anonymous on the wagon, just like on the board. We can chitchat nice and pleasantly and discuss whatever about styles and children, etc.

I even went rolling around on the TP to try and find potential good deals for someone else-- and I didn't buy anything. I went window shopping and didn't buy anything. Of course, I know I have some things coming... I just need to go through paypal to figure out all the things that are supposed to be coming (from pre-wagon purchases )

Anyway, no purchases since Sunday (or was it Saturday? My life is a little blurry on time issues).
#30 of 73 Old 07-15-2004, 12:24 PM

I'm here! 4 days = 4 dollars in the diaper bank. I know it's nothing, but it keeps me motivated. I will NOT go over to the TP today...I will NOT.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page