Fuzbaby "set" on ebay... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 56 Old 07-16-2004, 02:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't think she is being deceptive. I think she honestly doesn't know. I also think she should do two auctions - one for the cover and one for the contours. he hee.
#32 of 56 Old 07-16-2004, 02:49 PM

i agree w/ jesse 2 auctions would have been better. she prolly paid A LOT for those when they were recently auctioned off. i know that someone paid a pretty penny for one of the easys, not sure about the contours. so, she is prolly trying to recoup costs, unfortunately, most people won't pay that high after the initial rush is over. even now, ice stars aren't going for what they were a year ago.
#33 of 56 Old 07-16-2004, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piffle
I don't think she is being deceptive. I think she honestly doesn't know. I also think she should do two auctions - one for the cover and one for the contours. he hee.

Thats what I was thinking. A couple of months ago I was looking for those small snap-ins.
#34 of 56 Old 07-16-2004, 02:53 PM

Isn't that red and orange contour a fire design, not a sun?
#35 of 56 Old 07-16-2004, 02:55 PM

Last April Lori offered "Blue Skies and Burning Sun." That is where the contours come from (she apparantly got them from the retro garden, but it's still "Blue Skies and Burning Sun"). So yes, they do "go" together

I agree too, separate auctions would be better. I really think she just doen't know! And on starting them at $135??? That's really high.
#36 of 56 Old 07-16-2004, 03:11 PM

Duh! sorry stupid moment! I think I need a nap!
#37 of 56 Old 07-16-2004, 03:26 PM

Ok I was snoopy and looked up the auctions, for the "set" she paid $95.55. Shes looking for a $40 profit!

Burning Sun Contour
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2395749379

Blue Skies Contour
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2395750782

Blue Skies Cover
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2394829715
#38 of 56 Old 07-16-2004, 03:26 PM

I saw this auction when it was posted with a one day auction and a BIN of $135.00. I noticed about lot of views on the auction but no buyers. I think the BIN was a bit high for an "set" that doesn't work together. The contours won't stay in place without the snaps in an Easy cover.

I agree, it would sell a lot better as two seperate auctions.
#39 of 56 Old 07-16-2004, 03:29 PM

: Does that mean SHE is one of THOSE people! You know, none Hyenas who grab and then resale for a profit!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbellydreams
Ok I was snoopy and looked up the auctions, for the "set" she paid $95.55. Shes looking for a $40 profit!

Burning Sun Contour
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2395749379

Blue Skies Contour
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2395750782

Blue Skies Cover
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2394829715
#40 of 56 Old 07-16-2004, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

I still think that if she was on the up and up she would make it very clear that it isn't a WIO set she is selling. The way the auction is set up make it seem like it is a WIO and if you don't know fuzbaby products you could easily be misled. Oh, and she wouldn't be trying to turn a profit either.
#41 of 56 Old 07-16-2004, 03:46 PM

she probably needs some money and thinks she can get a good bit out of the "set" because it is "rare"
#42 of 56 Old 07-16-2004, 03:57 PM

Personally I think you guys are being way harsh in judging this person and their intentions considering you know nothing about her. If you don't like her prices, why concern yourself with the auction at all?? You could privately email her and ask her your concerns instead of coming on here and taking shots at her - perhaps she is confused and would be glad to be notified and would then revise her auction to make it clearer.

This board just seems to be getting very judgemental and negative lately with all the stuff about the BJM lady and now this.
#43 of 56 Old 07-16-2004, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

#44 of 56 Old 07-16-2004, 04:09 PM

yourself
#45 of 56 Old 07-16-2004, 04:21 PM

How many of us sell Hyena items for what we paid for them even if we used them lightly? Would it be unreasonable to see this FuzEasy on the TP for $37 (what she paid for it)? Of course not! We don't know what her reserve is at but I suspect it's right around what she paid for all of these ($95). And the BIN price of $135 is high but I imagine she figured that if it was going to sky rocket (the price in general) someone might be thankful for a BIN price at all! Perhaps in her mind the group could go for $150 or $200 on ebay.

There's nothing wrong with making a profit in my mind. It clearly says that she used these a few times, I don't think it's a case of snatch and sell. And even if it is that's her business, not mine. I won't bid on it, kwim?

Anyway, yes it's mislabled as a set but it's just not this big of a deal as far as I'm concerned. I really don't want this thread to take a turn for the worse and I don't think there's anything wrong with discussing what's up or even the prices/details but I'd like to see this thread not turn into flaming others or people we don't know.

Overall this has been a constructive thread and has helped some of us realize that Fuzeasy covers can't really be used with the contours and helped us understand what a set really is.
#46 of 56 Old 07-16-2004, 04:46 PM

I have a question about the profit issue, not about the fact that the auction may/may not be misleading (hope it's ok to ask, if not LMK Jenn) how is this different than anyone else that makes a profit selling something on Eaby? I buy stuff on clearance or at discount stores and sell it on Ebay and have made money, does that make me a bad/dishonest person? Is is ok when it's for anything else but just not WAHM made diapers, esp. Hyena diapers?

I'm not taking jabs at anyone, I'm really curious.

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos
#47 of 56 Old 07-16-2004, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj'smommy
I have a question about the profit issue, not about the fact that the auction may/may not be misleading (hope it's ok to ask, if not LMK Jenn) how is this different than anyone else that makes a profit selling something on Eaby? I buy stuff on clearance or at discount stores and sell it on Ebay and have made money, does that make me a bad/dishonest person? Is is ok when it's for anything else but just not WAHM made diapers, esp. Hyena diapers?

I'm not taking jabs at anyone, I'm really curious.
That is a good point (question). I know a couple of people who make their living on ebay -- buying stuff and reselling it for a profit. I dont know anyone who does this with WAHM diapers but is that a different situation? Is it wrong because its diapers?

If I had seen that auction before this thread I never would have known that it wasnt a "set", I know nothing about fuz really except what I have read on the fuzbaby site. The diapers are beautiful but I cant justify the cost so I dont even try to get them. I dont think she is purposely being misleading but maybe just didnt word the auction well or just doesnt know.

A lot of people sell lots of WAHM stuff on ebay and make a LOT of money. How is this different?
#48 of 56 Old 07-16-2004, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Look, I don't care how high it goes. I think its great if you can get alot for something on ebay and I am super happy for mamas that do...BUT the auction listing is misleading and people, IMO, will have a hard time understanding what they are bidding on. I don't see how it can be an accident since all she has to say to make it clear is "Here we have a Fuzeasy cover and two contour diapers"....but she labels the contours simply as "diapers" which they are not. It just seems very obvious to me that she is either misleading on purpose or truly ignorant about what she has there.
right back at ya. I could all day. :LOL
Sorry, I don't mean to be snarky but I really don't think this thread is "judgemental" or anything. Just informative. If you ask me the board isn't actually getting judgmental or negative lately, but rather sensitive and touchy. Oh wait, its always been that way.
#49 of 56 Old 07-16-2004, 06:07 PM

Well she never says the set is a Wool in One, she just calls it a a set. Anybody who knows Fuzbaby would read the auction and look at the pictures and know exactly what she's talking about.

As for them being contours, not diapers, well they're not fitted diapers but they are still diapers. Just like prefolds are still diapers.

It seems to me like the seller just doesn't spend her every waking moment thinking about diapers and may not know the precise terminology that she ought to use.

For the record I am not this seller, nor do I know this seller.

If you see an auction like this and it bothers you so much why wouldn't you just email the seller directly rather than talk about her behind her back?

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#50 of 56 Old 07-16-2004, 06:15 PM

Well I think anyone that would bid on it would know about Fuz and understand what each item is. And if it was not a small I would bid on it myself.I don't really care what someone's intentions are as long as I get a cool diaper for whatever price I am willing to pay for it :
#51 of 56 Old 07-16-2004, 06:19 PM

I don't have a problem with someone selling something for a profit. Especially if it's ACCURATELY described. I've sold things that I would have never expected to go as high as they have sometimes.

I also have to agree that her auction description is misleading. The contours are not the same as the fitteds. They do not fit the same, they do not work the same and they are often a much lower price. I think that her BIN is a bit much but then obviously so do other people since she has posted it up for auction for a third time with that BIN price and no one has jumped on it. It's her perrogative to list it for whatever amount she wishes, she just shouldn't be disappointed if it doesn't sell for that amount. I think the BIN could be considered "appropiate" if the set was an actual "workable" set. The cover is an Easy and not a WIO, it isn't designed to be used with the contours.
#52 of 56 Old 07-16-2004, 06:25 PM

I agree with a pp -- contours ARE diapers. If she doesnt call them fitteds then she is not being misleading about that. She doesnt call it a WIO just a set - two diapering items put together. And why cant contours be used with any cover? We have lots of contours and have used them with lots of different covers. Just because that is not the "set" that fuzbaby put together and the contour doesnt snap into the cover doesnt mean it wont work. I have used a lot of different types of contours without snaps or pins or a snappi, just layed in a cover and they worked fine. Especially a small which would be on a little baby that doesnt move around much.
#53 of 56 Old 07-16-2004, 06:25 PM

Quote:
I don't really care what someone's intentions are as long as I get a cool diaper for whatever price I am willing to pay for it
Spoken like a true Hyena!

BTW, I dont think she is being misleading (intentionally).
#54 of 56 Old 07-16-2004, 06:27 PM

Hello. I meant it as a set of things-- sorry for the confusion! Cindi

That is the response I got from the seller when I e-mailed her and said that it was clearly not a set.

"A set of things"?? OK, give me a break.
#55 of 56 Old 07-16-2004, 06:42 PM

Well, hmmm, this buyer clearly paid market rate for these on ebay auctions offered by Fuzbaby, so it's not like she snapped them up cheap to resell later. Maybe $135 is the amount she needs for a car payment or medical bill or whatever. She has every right to offer her stuff as she sees appropriate. Now, being deliberately misleading is something else. For all I know she didn't know they don't work together when she bought, then didn't really like them or, or ... this is why I don't judge other people's ebay auctions.

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#56 of 56 Old 07-16-2004, 07:07 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page