CD Mamas - Introduce yourself!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 133 Old 07-29-2004, 07:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I'm Leah (27), mum to Gabriel (20 months). I work from home so I can be nearby to take care of my kiddo and my dh who has a degenerative neurological condition.

I studied Philosophy at UGA and did some graduate work in Swansea, Wales. Before his illness, dh (who also studies Philosophy) and I traveled a great deal - we even worked on an organic olive farm in Italy.... oh I miss it sometimes

If you want labels, I guess I would have to go with crunchy catholic .

I feel so very lucky to be able to spend sooo much time with the 2 great guys in my life

oh and we have cd from birth and love it, obviously!
#62 of 133 Old 07-29-2004, 07:08 PM

Wow, this thread is long! I will have to read it all later when the kids are sleeping! :LOL
Umm, I am Lisa, I'm 23 and I've been married for 2.5 years to Jonathan who is 22 (cradle robber, I know!). We have a DS, Tyler, who will be 4 in Sept. Tyler was CDed from 15 months. And Julia who will be 19 mos in 2 days, has been CDed since we brought her home from the hospital.
I am semi-crunchy (Regina is my crunchy hero ). Maybe kind of chewy?
#63 of 133 Old 07-29-2004, 07:20 PM

I've read most of this thread - but it will probably be even longer by the time I finish typing this out.

I am Lea (pronounced simply Lee), 27. Married for just over 3 wonderful years to Brad, 24. Mom to Boo, who is almost 2, and soon-to-be mom to Bug, due in a few short weeks.

I am a SAHM, partly out of desire to be with my child as he grows up, and partly out of medical necessity which negates us using child-care for him.

We use cloth, mainly for financial reasons - hubby's meager wage wouldn't pay for disposables, but also because I feel they are healthier for Boo and better for the environment.

Canadian mom to Boo (Aug '02), Bug (Aug '04) and Bear (Dec '06).
Jesse (July '09)
#64 of 133 Old 07-29-2004, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What a great thread

I'm Kami wife to Dh Dustin, and SAHM to Alexandria (8-11-03) Omg my baby is almost 1yr old time has gone by so fast . we started cd'ing for $$ reasons but now i just love it, i am still trying to build a good stash of diapers I live in Long Beach,CA

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#65 of 133 Old 07-29-2004, 07:30 PM

I'm Mary (30) married to dh for 12 years. We live in Louisiana but are both from and were born in Texas. We have 4 girls and 3 boys and another boy on the way I've been ap since the beginning. I read Dr. Sears during my first preg. and have been co-sleeping, breastfeeding and slinging since my first but only started cd'ing since Jack was born.

I've been going to school part time, since Andrew was a baby, to get a nursing degree. I took off this summer and am not looking forward to going back this time. I'm 23 weeks and feeling really tired. I'm planning a homebirth this time so I'm excited about that
#66 of 133 Old 07-29-2004, 07:38 PM

Hi! I'm Judy (just turned 25), wife to Mike (a few days till he's 26). We live in Wyoming, just over two hours from Yellowstone National Park.

Currently we have two girls, Madeline (3-14-02) and Katherine Clare (3-3-04). I cannot WAIT to have more children! I'm open to as many as we're blessed with. I didn't start out crunchy at all. But, as time goes by I get crunchier by the moment. I'm probably the crunchiest conservative around, but love it! Most of the crunchiness simply comes from wanting to save $$, then of course it just makes sense!

So, I guess for a label, I'd probably be semi-crunchy (and getting more so every day) Catholic!

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls and now a rainbow1284.gif BOY!!! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) angel3.gif .

#67 of 133 Old 07-29-2004, 07:40 PM

Oh yeah.. currently I do work fulltime (dds go to MILs in-home daycare three days a week) as the sports editor for the local newspaper. The job is actually pretty great because it's quite flexible, so if I need to be home at different times of the day I can do it!

But my dream is to stay at home AT LEAST by the time the next little one comes around!

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls and now a rainbow1284.gif BOY!!! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) angel3.gif .

#68 of 133 Old 07-29-2004, 07:53 PM

My name is Tami (28). I've been married to DH Wayne (40 in Sept! : ) for almost four years. We live in neverland (which happens to be in SoCal, who knew?! ) I'm a part-time WAHM and CD'ing mama to Savannah (10/01/03). I knew before Sav was born that we'd cd, but it took a few weeks to get started, now I'm an addict. I know there is a 12 step program out there somewhere, but I hope I never find it!

I'm waiting until Savannah turns two before I get pg again. DH doesn't know this though. He's under the impression that we're done... : Although, he does hint that he wants another. I'm sure when the time comes he'll be on board (don't worry, I won't get pg without his consent. )

We've got two monsters that we call dogs. Sav loves them, even when she's covered in dog hair from head to toe.

I'm pretty crunchy, and DH is crunchy because of me. If he had it his way, he'd be eating Hot Pockets and drinking Dr. Pepper everyday... My only non-crunchy vice is Diet Coke. I know, I KNOW. Someday I'll give it up...

Okay, enough from me.
#69 of 133 Old 07-29-2004, 07:55 PM

Hi! I'm Azadeh. I've been married to my husband, Glen, for almost 10 years and we have two cute boys. I'm a homeschooling, work at home mom. We are in the D.C. area right now but moving to the Chicago area in a few weeks!

I started cloth diapering because it looked so much cuter and more comfortable for my baby. I'm not sure if it's cheaper since I bought so many! LOL No, I think it still is...

OH yeah, and I'm 32. My husband is 39 and my boys are almost 2 & 5 1/2.

I love it here at MDC!

Azadeh
#70 of 133 Old 07-29-2004, 09:52 PM

I'm Julia (Jules), 21, married to my DH (26) a year on Monday. Avery (5 mo) is our suprise miracle baby in more ways than one. Am I one of the youngest here? Oh yeah... we live in the DC area too. DH is not as crunchy as I am but I'm working on him.
#71 of 133 Old 07-29-2004, 09:58 PM

Hi! My name is Christy (29) and I am married to Tom (30) and we have been married for 6 years. We have 3 children: Maddie (5), Sara (21 months) and Jack (7 months)
We have been cloth diapering since Sara was 2 months old and haven't looked back. Jack has been cloth diapered since birth (even in the hospital) and that is when I really got addicted.
I used to not be crunchy and then I started crunching up and then I found MDC and now I am actually thinking about homeschooling and a home birth next time!
#72 of 133 Old 07-29-2004, 10:07 PM

Hey Mama's!!

I'm Jes ... WAHMama to Sahara Rayne who's almost 2 1/2. I live on Beautiful Vancouver Island off the west coast of Canada with my amazing DD and partner Dan. We are currently TTC #2 (so I'm on a diaper buying hiatus so I won't jinx myslef). But I'm ogling the NB diapers so WATCH OUT hyena's cause the minute I conceive I'm going on a rampage (as if I could afford it LOL).

I started cd'ing the day Sahara was born but the diapers I had just didn't work so she really wasn't a cloth diapered baby until she was 3 months old when I bought my first stash of premium sized prefolds and Bumpy covers (loved the covers ...but the prefolds were HUGE) ... so I bought myself a sewing machine at the local thrift store and havn't looked back.

I have a degree in Fine arts , 3 years towards a psychology degree, the first year of a Masters in Art Therapy and one year towards Computer science (which ended only because I became a mama ...but I can still build a killer website LOL). I guess you could say that I was hiding in school because I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. All along I wanted to be self employed and make things ...but I just didn't know what ... fortunately the universe had better plans for me than I did and here I am working from home in the company of the most important person in the world ... my baby.

I'm loving getting to know you all better!

ETA: In some places I would be considered VERY crunchy ...but around here I'm only 'sorta crunchy' ... too many hippys LOL (though dh calls me a hippy too)

OH! and I'm turning 30 this November ...which is sort of a big deal for me ... I expected to be at quite the different place in my life by now.

tireless sewer of teeny little clothes for Bamboletta dolls ...

#73 of 133 Old 07-29-2004, 10:09 PM

I am Marina, 23 y.o. mama to Chris and another on the way, and wife to Paul for 2 years on Aug. 3 . We live in Upland (Southern) California.

Ds #1 is out of diapers now, but ds #2 will be cd'd from birth. I have a pretty big stash for him being that he isn't due til October, but I don't have the $ to do it all at once so I have been collecting.

I cd for environmental, health, financial, and family (mom cd'd 4 kids) reasons...and cause I love it!
#74 of 133 Old 07-29-2004, 10:52 PM

: I'm Paige and I'm the oldest one here!!!
I'm 41 and have been with dh Mahlon (56!) for 6 years, married for 8 mos! I'm a family practice doctor and work part-time (big big loans to pay off), dh is a paramedic instructor. We live in a tiny mountain village in northern New Mexico, although both of us are blue eyed gringos.

We started cd'ing for environmental reasons and now it's my hobby and stress-reliever! We've cd'd ds on and off and dd now since she was 5 weeks old. I had such a horrible complicated pregnancy with her and she was in the NICU for a month that even thinking about cd's earlier was impossible. With ds, all I knew about was prefolds, but with dd I have tons of cute girly print dipes and AIOs. Our faves are FMBGs and SOS, and I'm just recently getting into wool soakers!

Not sure how I'd label us - kind of crunchy, kind of chewy - like an organic oatmeal cookie with Ghirardelli chocolate chips!
#75 of 133 Old 07-29-2004, 11:01 PM

hiya all. I'm Michelle, very happily married to Craig for 3.5years. We started CDing Samuel when he was just over 3 months' old, so we've been CDing for 3 months. Main reason is to save money, that we can re-use them for our future babies, and the notion that I can cope with cloth (!). It's so easy though to get caught up in the fun of it that sometimes I think CDs are my latest fashion items (replacing all the new clothes I used to get for myself when I had earning power).
#76 of 133 Old 07-29-2004, 11:09 PM

I am Traci (34) married FOREVER to Don (40) and we have 4 soon to be 5 children!
We live In Northern Illinois where I am a SAHM (former County Deputy) and dh is a Police Road Sergeant.
I have been having a blast buying my stash and sewing my own diapers for this new up~coming little one!!
#77 of 133 Old 07-29-2004, 11:12 PM

Hi!

I'm Jaime (28) married to Chris (27) mom to Naomi (3) and Maya (10 months). We live out here on the Best Coast. I'm a wahm, and dh is an electrician who wants to be a wahd. Our goal is for both of us to be home...working on it

Started cd'ing to save money with our first dd, used disposables for a short time after Maya was born. She immediately developed a rash so we are back in cloth where we belong. That's it really...

mum to a crew...
#78 of 133 Old 07-29-2004, 11:20 PM

Hi Ladies!!

I am new here, so it's about time for an introduction anyway

Julia (averymybaby) introduced me to the world of cloth diapering, and now I am hooked.

We're not too crunchy, but we try
We're defintiely all about AP, though.
(my dh is actually more into the crowded bed philosophy than I am...maybe that's 'cuz I'm the one that is constantly getting kicked and bumped by our 3 year old wild-sleeper )
#79 of 133 Old 07-29-2004, 11:23 PM

This is a good idea!

I am Amy (22), SAHM to Alex and Keller, and wife to Gary (22) who works and goes to school full-time.
I wanted to cd Alex but everyone told me that it was gross and too much work. I was scared and alone so I listened. I decided that I would cd Keller but had to sweet talk dh into it. Now he loves it!
We are a crunchy family. (Alex's fav band is the Grateful Dead and Keller was named after a musician.)
#80 of 133 Old 07-29-2004, 11:47 PM

My turn! LOL!
I am Linda (31 in November), a SAHM, and I am married 3 years this past May to Jeff (30 In September), a network Admin. We have one child so far (#2 is in the planning mode), Sarah (3 in December). We have 2 cats, Mariah and Nala, and live in Easton, PA which is right on the NJ border. I have been CDing for a year now but full time started about 6 months ago. Late starter! I plan to BF, CD, and sling baby #2. I started Sarah in the sling a bit late at 6 months (sometimes I still use it!) so I got to enjoy that. Cloth diapering is alot of fun for me and I hope to start getting smalls and mediums for baby #2 since when I started Sarah she was in larges already. So anyways... that is my story!
#81 of 133 Old 07-29-2004, 11:55 PM

Hi, I'm Magie (30) and my dh is John (32). I am a SAHM to two little boys. I am fairly crunchy and becoming more and more each day. Dh is not crunchy at all!! He will, however, take my recycling in for me and brags about me cloth diapering to all his friends. I started clothdiapering my first with gerber flats and vinyl pants, then moved to prefolds and proraps. I met Aherne with my second who introduced me to MDC. I remember thinking who would pay $15 for a diaper. Look at me now. I actually bid $51 dollars for the luxe baby on ebay! Oh and here is a pic of me and the boys. This is about the only pic I have with them both. I had better start taking pictures.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...l/DSCN0706.jpg

Maggie, wife and mom to three
#82 of 133 Old 07-30-2004, 12:02 AM

Nice to meet you all. First I must say there are some AMAZING stashes here!

I am Nadezhda, 24, DH is Brian, 25, and DS is Zachary 18months. We live in Massachusetts. I was introduced to CDing by my best friend (Ackray) and have been doing it for about 8 months. I love it and will definately CD the next one if we have another
#83 of 133 Old 07-30-2004, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miny20
I'm not crunchy at all. I breastfeed because that's what feels natural to me. I cloth diapers because it's really freaking cute. If a diaper service could bring me such a pretty assortment of fitteds and covers--I would not be doing my own diaper laundry. I don't sun my diapers.. and sometimes (gasp) I use bleach. If my diapers go to hell for being treated so 'roughly with chemicals' I'll just buy some more.

Hehehe. NOW NO ONE IS GOING TO LIKE ME--REALLY!
WOOOOO HOOOOO I am not the only one! Unfortunately I cant afford to replace mine though...LOL!

I forgot to add some things. I am still BF, we co-sleep, and I would love to get a mai-tei at some point, they look fun! I knit and am learning to sew. I am a SAHM, DH is a landscape design foreman, and DS is a jumping bean! I am not really crunchy, but LOVE MDC, and CDing is a TOTAL addiction.
#84 of 133 Old 07-30-2004, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkie&Cookie
Hi! I'm Tina (8 years old - I've only had 8 birthdays so there! - can you figure out why?)
You're a leap-year baby ~ birthday on February 29th. That's my guess, anyhow.

Hi everyone!

I'm Kate (34), married to Charley (38) and mom to 6 kiddos: Megan is almost 13 (November 3rd), Adam is almost 12 (September 15th), Emily is 5 (June 5th), David & Sarah will be 3 (September 15th ~ yes, they were born on their brother's 9th b'day) and Isaac is my sweet little almost-8 month old (December 2nd).

I've cloth diapered all of my kids, though I also used 'sposies with Megan and Adam. The most difficult thing, for me, is having 3 kids in diapers at the same time. Some days, all I feel like I do is change poopy dipes and it can get tiring!

We started out using cd's for financial reasons ~ with a big family, saving $$ is important. I don't consider myself to be really crunchy, but since I breastfeed, cloth diaper and homeschool, most of my friends/family would put me on the crunchy end of the spectrum.

It's nice to "meet" you all!
#85 of 133 Old 07-30-2004, 12:20 AM

howdy! i'm lorrie, 25, married to andy (also 25) for over 3 years (!!!) now. our daughter, katharine wen (called katie or, online, usually k) was born 12.20.03 (making her about 7.5 months old at this point). we live in denvah, colorado
a is an operations/shipping manager for a lighting store. i have a degree in english writing and have returned to school for nursing, hoping to eventually become a lactation consultant and nurse-midwife. currently, i take most of my classes online so i can stay at home with our baby.
we've been cloth diapering since k was about 10 weeks old-- we moved from grand junction, colorado back home to denvah and i finally felt brave enough to get started. i started with some ubcpf, kushies ultras and bsww. since then, i've become addicted-- i'm no hyena, but i do love a cute dipe!
due in part to mdc, i become crunchier every day. i breastfeed and plan to allow her to chose to wean; we co-sleep and plan to let k chose when she's ready for her own bed; and our girl is a certified sling monkey! for the meager amount of solids she'll accept, she gets only organic foods-- once i hit my break between semesters, i'm going to make a mighty stash of foods to freeze. we're trying to adapt our diets so we don't eat so much junk-- we want k to have a healthy perception of food. we try to use natural remedies as much as possible-- it's a point of pride that we've yet to give k children's tylenol.
and i am eagerly awaiting very baby opening for custom orders so i can get some cute covers!
#86 of 133 Old 07-30-2004, 12:24 AM

[QUOTE=momto3g3b]You're a leap-year baby ~ birthday on February 29th. That's my guess, anyhow.

You're absolutely right Kate! And as I age I love it more and more. I always wanted a baby on my birthday, but since that just went by and I'm not getting any younger I doubt its going to happen.
#87 of 133 Old 07-30-2004, 12:26 AM
Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamaMama
: I'm Paige and I'm the oldest one here!!! I'm 41 and have been with dh Mahlon (56!) for 6 years, married for 8 mos! I'm a family practice doctor and work part-time (big big loans to pay off), dh is a paramedic instructor. We live in a tiny mountain village in northern New Mexico, although both of us are blue eyed gringos.
...an organic oatmeal cookie with Ghirardelli chocolate chips!
You're not the oldest by much b/c I'm also 41 (as of June). Although dh is only 41 this year. Married 10 yrs, together what seems like an eternity before then

We have 4 munchkins: 8yo ds, 6yo dd, 4yo ds and our March 04 bumper boy Dh is the SAHP and an organizational nightmare but he's totally into the CD scene for C. He doesn't want to do the research (yeah, thats why I'm always on MDC: research ) but he changes diapers, washes, suns the stains, etc. (I do all the wool washing though)

I'm ABD for a PhD in anthropology (quit that years ago), hold an administrative job at a university... and I'm taking courses to get certified to become an elementary school teacher (4th or 5th grade I think). I have 2 methods courses and student teaching left for the upcoming year.
#88 of 133 Old 07-30-2004, 12:36 AM

My turn! :

I'm Michelle ( more often called Mich by those who know me!) and I am 30, married to Charlie who is 31. Before having Ella, I was a devoted techie and DH is in sales. We currently live in Austin, Tx..but I am a bit of a gypsie and there is no telling how long we will be here
I have a 7 year old son ( Gavin) from a previous marriage, and my dd Ella is almost 15 mos. We are expecting #3 ( a :girlpin) mid-Dec. I have cd'd since Ella was about 2 mos old and haven't looked back! We have used the occassional sposie as we have had to refine our nite time system, but I think we are done with em!
I am pretty crunchy...and working on DH. He is super supportive of almost all of my "nutty" ways, and my cd addictions ( at least... what he knows about!)
I also wanted to share that DH SNAPPI'd today!!! He was a Snappi virgin and all it took was me leaving him along with dd and nothing but pretty dyed prefolds and our one lone Snappi! Im so proud
I MDC and am SOOOO glad I found such a wonderfully supportive, diverse group of mama's to share mommyhood with!
#89 of 133 Old 07-30-2004, 12:55 AM

I'm Katie. I am married to Nate. We are in our mid-20s. Our daughter is Lucy, and almost exactly 2 1/2. We are due with our new baby in 10 weeks, planning a home VBAC. We live in Ohio. We've been married 3 years. Dh works in an independently-owned bookshop, and I am a SAHM. He's also a sometimes-student, slowly finishing his degree.

We cloth diaper cause it's best - for our dd, for the earth, and for us. My dd is pottytrained as of a few weeks ago, and we are having fun building our new baby's stash. Here it is so far: New baby's stash!

We are very crunchy, very liberal, and most people think we are crazy hippies.
#90 of 133 Old 07-30-2004, 01:02 AM

Hi, All. I'm Kelly (28) married to Asa (30) and we have a cloth diapered little bebe (9 mos) Lilah. Like many of you here at MDC, having a child has really brought out my inner crunch! These forums have been a lot of fun, always something new to learn at MDC.

Oh Mich--we are right north of Austin, and I used to work for a big techie company here

Nice to meet everyone!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page