What do you need? *another thread* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 58 Old 08-01-2004, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Per the diaper fairy's request, I need to find out what the mamas NEED... Please post your NEEDS (diapering related please ) here.

All I NEED are longies for the winter, but I am working on making wool pants so we should be set.

I know there was one of these just about a week ago, but I can't for the life of me find it!!

Please let the DF know what you are in need of...
#2 of 58 Old 08-01-2004, 10:28 PM

A present...LOL. DS has not been faried yet.
#3 of 58 Old 08-01-2004, 10:34 PM

I don't need anything really. I have all I need, but I would love to know what other people need so I can let the "diaper fairy" know.
#4 of 58 Old 08-01-2004, 10:34 PM

Well, I'm not sure I'm on the list yet (though I've PMed a couple of the holders more than once over the last several weeks), but I'll give it a go, just in case I am.

I am in need of wipes, preferrably double sided, with sherpa or velour on one side, but I'd take anything! With two in diapers, it seems I am forever running out of wipes before laundry day.

I am also in need of wool or WP pants for my chunka munka DD. She is currently six months old and weighs about fifteen pounds with a very short waist, but I'd like them to fit her this winter when she is more 9-12 months and nearer 20ish pounds. It gets COLD here in North Dakota ... and winter starts sometime in late September or early October.

Oh, and some nice smelling wool wash! That's about it.

I also have a lot of small stuff (mostly girly or GN) that I'd love to fairy to someone truly in need. So if anyone has any ideas about that, let me know.
#5 of 58 Old 08-01-2004, 10:36 PM

I need a few more very absorbent fitted diapers and wool pants (as many as I can get my hands on) I got one pair from Cushie Tushie with a skunk on them that I koolaid tye dyed but I am going to need more then one pair because I do not use normal pants on Stinker. It is freezing here in the winter and a baby cannot go without pants because he will get hyperthermia. :LOL
#6 of 58 Old 08-01-2004, 10:37 PM

Although we are not officially on the DF list DS needs some wool covers (knit or wrap). He's outgrowing all of his and in our part of Cali it is getting warm and the PUL is suffocating my poor little pumpkin's bumpkin

I'm trying to knit some for us, but my fingers don't go very fast!

ETA: measurements...duh

DS is 9.5 months and "aproximately"
18.5 lbs.
Waist : 17.5"
Thigh: 10.5 - 11"
Rise: 18"
All measurements were taken while wearing one of his "thicker" dipes (and he usually wears medium-sized dipes).
#7 of 58 Old 08-01-2004, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajules
Although we are not officially on the DF list DS needs some wool covers (knit or wrap). He's outgrowing all of his and in our part of Cali it is getting warm and the PUL is suffocating my poor little pumpkin's bumpkin

I'm trying to knit some for us, but my fingers don't go very fast!
Hey mama, if you are not on the list could you list your boys size. Waist, Rise and usual diaper size?
#8 of 58 Old 08-01-2004, 10:41 PM

We have everything we need diaper related, thank you fairy.
#9 of 58 Old 08-01-2004, 10:41 PM

But we need a nighttime diaper solution for my 8 month old...he used to sleep in just a diaper, but now that we are putting pj's on him (trying to avoid mosquitos that somehow get in the bedroom), we need something that doesn't leak and fits under the pj's.

And we're short a few hemp inserts for our fuzzi bunz.

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#10 of 58 Old 08-01-2004, 10:43 PM

I need to find a good AIO for my heavywetter Well, maybe it's not a "need" but my dh is dumb about stuffing pocket dipes! I don't know what he would do if I couldn't put the FBs together because I'm sick or didn't leave him enough stuffed dipes. Ds would probably be nude and peeing everywhere! LOL
#11 of 58 Old 08-01-2004, 10:44 PM

hehehe am always keen to let people know what we'd like
Still looking for our first pair of wool longies - Samuel's almost 7months old, I will find out tomorrow how much he weighs but last time we checked he was about 16lbs and 65cm long. It's winter over here now, so it'd be great to have one pair to try before the end of winter this season. I am hunting ebay and TP but they're hard to find I guess it's not cold yet where majority of you are.
#12 of 58 Old 08-01-2004, 10:48 PM

Usually we don't need anything, but I really need a small wetbag that fits 1-2 diapers. I lost my diaper bag with my other wetbag.
#13 of 58 Old 08-01-2004, 10:59 PM

If the diaper fairy could please send me about 4 extra diaper making hours a day (where my DS is sleeping LOL!!) I could actually get the new baby's diaper stash made instead of just THINKING about getting it made

Also if the diaper fairy (the same or a different one LOL) could send me an elixir of energy to take right at the beginning of that four hour time block (a months worth ought to be sufficient) then I will use the 4 hours productively instead of staring vacantly at the tv (with the front of my eyelids).

Thanks fairy

LOL!! Seriously though I am not even on the fairy list so it might be difficult for her to find me

Steph

Steph~~momma to Rhys 2002, Niamh 2004, Isla 2007 and Deirdre 2009
#14 of 58 Old 08-01-2004, 11:13 PM

I need fitteds for Jack and Andrew. I have almost no fitteds for either one.
#15 of 58 Old 08-01-2004, 11:24 PM

The only thing I NEED is a minishower. C's been pooping 5 (!) times a day, and it's runny and gross. I miss her plop poop!
#16 of 58 Old 08-01-2004, 11:24 PM

I NEED longies for a 29 inch long 20 lb baby girl. I too live in canada and it's FREAKIN COLD up here!

Tammy
#17 of 58 Old 08-01-2004, 11:25 PM

wool and wet bags. C wears a L in wool (closer to a M rise though), he needs longies and thin covers that will fit under clothes. He could use beach comber length for now though, and they'd get used inside this winter also. He's wearing 12-18mo pants now at 7.5 months, guessing 18-24mo by winter. We need big and small wetbags, don't have any right now. Or a yard or two of PUL or other appropiate material and I could make them. He still needs more fitteds but I'm working on that right now...
#18 of 58 Old 08-01-2004, 11:27 PM

We need some wool wash. I *really* want to try one of the WOW bars. I've heard such great things about them.
That's about it though. Oh! And some more large wipes (with velour or something). Dh has big hands. :LOL
#19 of 58 Old 08-01-2004, 11:27 PM

I need a pair of longies and some cuddlesbuns and maybe just one wool soaker.
#20 of 58 Old 08-01-2004, 11:31 PM

Well, we have everything we really need, so I don't know if I should be responding to this or not but the wipes we have are getting pretty worn out. We don't have that many so they get used all the time.

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos
#21 of 58 Old 08-01-2004, 11:40 PM

I NEED night-time diapers. I still only have 2 night-time diapers (one for each of my boys). And I need some longies for winter.

AmiBeth

#22 of 58 Old 08-01-2004, 11:52 PM

The only things we need are a wet bag and pail liner, some more wool wash, and a few more fitteds for his stash since he will be starting back at daycare in September while I finish school. Other than that, we're set.
#23 of 58 Old 08-01-2004, 11:59 PM

Keller needs some more fitteds (we only have 5) and some wool covers (we only have 2 covers and 1 is wool). He (I) would love some longies. Hee hee!

We are staying away from PUL becasue it seems to cause rashes around his legs.
#24 of 58 Old 08-02-2004, 12:05 AM

I am not sure how the diaper fairy works. Can anyone help me out on that? Well I need a really good non wicking wet bag to carry in the dp bag, and a pail liner. I ahve heard Cushie Tushies are the best. And I could really use a minl shower!
#25 of 58 Old 08-02-2004, 12:16 AM

Medium (or Large) Hemp inserts.

We had enough inserts to keep 4 night-time FB in rotation. Well, ds started flooding overnight. So now I've only got enough inserts to currently stuff 3 FB. Darn kid.

Wife to an amazing hubby, mother hen to four chicken3.gif 
(If you're curious, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2010, and yes, it's a busy house)
#26 of 58 Old 08-02-2004, 12:30 AM

We are ISO and in need of medium or large fitteds. Jake is 18 lbs and fitting into both medium and some smallish larges. He is growing out of his small and medium PUL and we are switching to wool. (mommy made buttsweaters and grammie knitted sokers)
#27 of 58 Old 08-02-2004, 12:35 AM

I need some Wool Wash. I have 9 pieces of wool between my two and more on the way, but no wool wash. I am always running low on wipes. And I need more fitteds or pretty prefolds to go under all our wool. I would love to be about to go 100% wool/fitteds/prefolds.

Carrie, mom to Johnathan (7-02), Brodie (2-04), Kate (12-06), Jordan (9-08), (4-09) & Maggie (3-10)
#28 of 58 Old 08-02-2004, 12:55 AM

:LOL once she has visited you, she can come ot my place too. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffykenwell
If the diaper fairy could please send me about 4 extra diaper making hours a day (where my DS is sleeping LOL!!) I could actually get the new baby's diaper stash made instead of just THINKING about getting it made

Also if the diaper fairy (the same or a different one LOL) could send me an elixir of energy to take right at the beginning of that four hour time block (a months worth ought to be sufficient) then I will use the 4 hours productively instead of staring vacantly at the tv (with the front of my eyelids).

Thanks fairy

LOL!! Seriously though I am not even on the fairy list so it might be difficult for her to find me

Steph
#29 of 58 Old 08-02-2004, 12:57 AM

I need a new diaper pail liner--one that is hard to kill .

A mini shower, I guess is not a need, but man it would be really nice, instead of dunking in that low water toilet!

Wool wash for when I get the new soaker my sister is going to knit for me, and the one I am going to learn to knit.

I would also like a couple AIOs for outings.
#30 of 58 Old 08-02-2004, 01:02 AM

Right now I think all we need are some longies. I have about 3 everyday soakers that fit (1 he is outgrowing, our ONLY KSS and 1 soaker is for going out because it piles very easy, but thats 5 soakers total in rotation), 1 soaker on the way and one pair of shorts on the way. But we are moving to England soon and I don't have any longies and I have heard it is cold and overcast overthere for most of the year. But we have NO longies, or any baby winter cloths for that matter. Oh and DH has pretty much guilted me into jumping on the waggon... everytime a package comes I get a lecture. :

measurments:
rise: 17
waist: 17
thighs: 10

He probably weighs about 19lbs and about 26 inches, hes long and lean. I prefer thin knitted (very light wetter) and colorful varigrated gender neutral or boyish stuff.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page