Sposies, Sposies EVERYWHERE at a LLL meeting!?!?!?!?!?!? - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#151 of 166 Old 08-11-2004, 09:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
For example when I asked how this logic works - if those women at the LLL were 'hypocritical' for putting disposable diapers on their babies bums but organic food and breastmilk in their tums, which so many of you agreed with, does it not follow that every single parent who uses cloth but vaccinates their children and so injects all sorts of chemicals directly into their body, a hypocrite?
I dont think it is the same. Most parents here have researched vax and *then* decided to non/delay/selective vax. If an NFL Mama researched CD and decided to not to, yes, I might find it a bit strange.

So, back to my question, what was your objective? Not how you normally post on the rest of mdc but to the OP in particular. I am listening, just not understanding.
#152 of 166 Old 08-11-2004, 10:00 PM

Great post Holli!

That is why I said in my last post - we can generally "judge" certain practices as good or bad (for lack of a better words). However, people are human and every circumstance is unique.

That is why when I go to our local park and I see babies in strollers eating formula from a bottle (yes I saw her mix the bottle) I honestly didn't even think negatively of her in my own head. I like to advocate on a broad scale rather than judge individuals.

And now I am so off topic I didn't even mention diapering!
#153 of 166 Old 08-11-2004, 10:10 PM

holli
heck no, it doesnt mean you are less of a AP parent!

i really think the OP was just saying it was surprising or ironic that the moms were going on about homemade babyfood and using sposies.

just like if you went to the co-op and people were going on and on about organic foods and pesticides and drinking coke out of a styrofoam cup!
#154 of 166 Old 08-11-2004, 11:45 PM

Radish, I honestly was not asking you or anyone else to answer my question with the example about vaccs.

I am obviously not making myself understood at all. My point was that none of the original questions I was asking were being answered and that I have realised that in general, in Diapering, people do not wish to debate so therefore my questions went unanswered.

I am not looking for debate here now - I am trying to tell you, over and over, that I realise now that you do not want to debate issues like this here. which is unlike the overall culture at mdc.

With that, I will return to other areas of mdc and will keep my posts in diapering to the point and not respond if someone is ranting, for example, about people who don't attain cloth diapering ideals. That is easy for me to do. I honestly was not coming here to cause trouble, but was anwering just as I would to a rant in any other area of mdc if I saw another point of view that I thought was worth raising.

I'm sure it is as frustrating to others to read my posts, that clearly don't fit with the desires of most diapering posters, as it is for me to post and feel that I am being misunderstood and misinterpreted over and over.
#155 of 166 Old 08-11-2004, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britishmum
Radish, I honestly was not asking you or anyone else to answer my question with the example about vaccs.

I am obviously not making myself understood at all. My point was that none of the original questions I was asking were being answered and that I have realised that in general, in Diapering, people do not wish to debate so therefore my questions went unanswered.

I am not looking for debate here now - I am trying to tell you, over and over, that I realise now that you do not want to debate issues like this here. which is unlike the overall culture at mdc.

With that, I will return to other areas of mdc and will keep my posts in diapering to the point and not respond if someone is ranting, for example, about people who don't attain cloth diapering ideals. That is easy for me to do. I honestly was not coming here to cause trouble, but was anwering just as I would to a rant in any other area of mdc if I saw another point of view that I thought was worth raising.

I'm sure it is as frustrating to others to read my posts, that clearly don't fit with the desires of most diapering posters, as it is for me to post and feel that I am being misunderstood and misinterpreted over and over.

Well... excuse me your majesty Maybe no one wants to answer you because you are way out of line and way off topic from the OP. Yes this forum is a part of MDC, does it mean it is going to be a carbon copy of allll the other forums? NO. Thanks for slapping a labels on us that frequent the CD forum If you don't feel like you can debate, why are you still here trying to? No one is stepping up saying they agree with you re: the OP.
ps, you don't have to be rude direcetly to any one person to be rude, your last few posts did the job
#156 of 166 Old 08-11-2004, 11:56 PM

Okay, FTR, we *do* like to debate. Search Vegan or Wool or Sweatshop and see for yourself. You keep painting this picture of the diapering board being exempt from discussion or debate and it is really annoying.
#157 of 166 Old 08-12-2004, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radish
Okay, FTR, we *do* like to debate. Search Vegan or Wool or Sweatshop and see for yourself. You keep painting this picture of the diapering board being exempt from discussion or debate and it is really annoying.
I have no way with the words I want to say when I am PMS'ing :LOL I think Regina and I are on the same page!!!
#158 of 166 Old 08-12-2004, 12:11 AM

and for debates sake, go back and read page 1 of this thread. The first 6 posts are from mamas simply saying what their experience at LLL was. One mama suggests going to an AP group to find CDd babes. *Then* Klothos chimes in with the difference between NFL and BF. Then VillageMama starts in with the rude posts.

Fast forward to page 2 and all hell breaks out. Actually your first post has a judgemental "tone":
Quote:
Celebrate the fact they are breastfeeding, don't deride them for not following your ideals in natural family living. Please.
Again, what is your point in telling the OP to be happy those babies are BF and not not-CDd?

Quote:
Aren't there far worse things you could do to your kid than use disposable diapers?
Of course there are, like spanking or CIO (IMO) but WTH does that have to do with anything?? Should I not post about neighbor not recycling b/c there are far worse things to worry about???

And lastly:
Quote:
For those of you who 'got it' all at once, that's great. But lighten up on those who don't get every aspect right in your eyes, for goodness sake.
Telling someone to "lighten up" is rude IMO.

Is *that* what you are used to out in the big bad (censored) MDC-world?? Post after post dissecting your opponent's posts...no thanks!!!
#159 of 166 Old 08-12-2004, 12:13 AM

Oh yes, we are. Tiffany bowed out a long time ago and we shoulda joined her
#160 of 166 Old 08-12-2004, 12:17 AM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good post Regina

<bowing out> :LOL
#161 of 166 Old 08-12-2004, 01:13 AM

"Well... excuse me your majesty"

Umm, and I'm rude. Hmm.

I have never been rude intentionally on mdc or in real life (or at least, not since I was about 15 anyway .) If you take what I say as rude, then that is your issue. Anyone who knows me from other parts of the board will know that I just not like that. Never have been, never will. I don't think anyone has ever accused me of being rude on mdc before, and the very occasional misunderstandings (maybe two or three) that have occurred during my years here have always been simply and easily put right. You are choosing to take exception to everything that I say.

I have acknowledged that clearly most of you believe that a rant should be left just as a rant, and that you do not want people to put forward other views of a situation.

I did not say that diapering has to be a carbon copy of other mdc forums. I just told you that I am realising that it is different.

I am not, and was never, trying to pick a fight, but it seems to me that one or two of you are. So I am out of here. I give up.
#162 of 166 Old 08-12-2004, 01:16 AM

Is it just me, or does this sound like a broken record to anyone else???

ETA: I think we need a "beating a dead horse" smiley. :LOL
#163 of 166 Old 08-12-2004, 01:20 AM

Yep, that's why I just posted the same time as you to say I have given up.
#164 of 166 Old 08-12-2004, 03:41 AM

Quote:

I have never been rude intentionally on mdc or in real life (or at least, not since I was about 15 anyway .)
That was rude.

Quote:
If you take what I say as rude, then that is your issue. Anyone who knows me from other parts of the board will know that I just not like that. Never have been, never will. I don't think anyone has ever accused me of being rude on mdc before, and the very occasional misunderstandings (maybe two or three) that have occurred during my years here have always been simply and easily put right. You are choosing to take exception to everything that I say.
I have no problem saying that I can be rude at times, everyone does it.. those who don't admit it, it's called denial.
There you go again... "my years here" THAT is why I said 'your majesty'.. you keep refering to how long you have been here, we don't care and it's not going to make all of us follow your lead, wrong or not

SIMPLY AND EASILY PUT RIGHT? Why cause you are always right? I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing over this.. :LOL You're right Kellie, broken record! :LOL

Quote:
I am not, and was never, trying to pick a fight, but it seems to me that one or two of you are. So I am out of here. I give up.
Steping up to say what's on my mind or trying to get back on track of the OP... is not picking a fight. Bye
#165 of 166 Old 08-12-2004, 05:54 AM

Okaaaaay.....um, yeah, I'm a newbie, and I've been lurking around trying to figure out if it's OK to post, since a lot of people seem to think that until you have a high post count you shouldn't post.....and I have to say, I'm kinda scared of some of y'all now. I'm going to address the one comment I wanted to, and then I'm running for the hills! :LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhimsyTyme
MAMAS, I do love you guys and all, but I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want a mama here in the physical/real life to share : ing w/ too!!!!!!! If I can't find 'em at a LLL meeting, where will I find 'em?!?!?!?!?
Convert 'em. I didn't know anyone IRL who cloth diapered, so I "persuaded" (read: bullied) them into seeing things my way. The comment I heard most often was "But, it's so expensive to start out with" (it kinda is, when you consider the cost of getting enough dipes to not have to do laundry every five minutes and compare it to the $10 you'd shell out to go get another thing of 'sposies. Not saying it's money well spent, but...well, preaching to the choir), so I loaned out some diapers. I started with Fuzzi Bunz, and was content with those until a friend got me a Luke's Drawers. Now, I admit, I'm hooked. Nothin' better than a cushy CD'd baby bottom!

And not to go on about educating the masses, but some people genuinely think prefolds and plastic pants when they think cloth diapering. They also think swishing in poopy toilet water. Well, cloth diapering has come a long way since then! Even my pediatrician hadn't ever seen a Fuzzi Bunz, or a Starbunz AIO before he met me and DD!

I'm sorry you didn't find a kindred CDing spirit at your LLL meeting. I hope you find another group that has some squooshie tushies in it!

Sorry. I don't have too many posts here at MDC. Hope I didn't offend. :ignore
#166 of 166 Old 08-12-2004, 07:32 AM

I remember posting here last winter when I just had a dozen or so posts, and I didn't even bother to introduce myself, just jumped right inand started replying to posts! It's totally fine (I hope! ) Just jump right in and give your opinions as you feel like it! I have also been spreading the American-WAHM-made diapering joy around here in Finland where even the CDing mamas have never imagined cloth like this. They love it but so far they've just bought a few from me and haven't actually placed orders from the US. -they really should, they'd like it more than their flats that they don't even snappi/pin and just wrap loosely around baby before putting a velcro wrap on--talk about poop on the cover *every time!*.... I tried to show a better way to fold a flat to create gussets, and the beauty of a snappi once, but I usually get a bad attitude about that.... (won't the snappi come off and stab the baby??) and they think my addiction to cloth is ludicrous. *shrug* Oh well, I have ya'll here online....better than CDing truly alone!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page