Diapering Mamma's...Do the Daddy's have any..... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 01:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anything Baseball Card-ish! He is a card-holic and he stalks ebay and local estate sales to get those rare ones. He buys, sells, and trades...I think that's why he doesn't mind so much with the diapers I buy and sell LOL.
#32 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 01:51 PM
Banned

Computer games - mostly strategy or war games. Also revamping his computer. He's fairly moderate about it tho, and probably spends less energy/money on his hobby than i do mine.
#33 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 02:52 PM

Racing. My diaper habit is nothing compared to his obsession. I'm talking F1, ALMS, IRL, CHAMP, Touring Cars (BTCC, DTCC etc). When the Speed Channel became available in our area, I thought I'd lose him. His dad used to race open wheel in the 70s so he grew up around it. His younger brother is the same. As I said, my little diaper habit is NOTHING!

Alison
#34 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 02:59 PM

DH is obsessed with building models. Especially police cars. He belongs to a message board called copcar.com, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allformyboys
Mine switches, but we have a rabbitry and we raise/breed rabbits so he will visit those message boards daily, but lately his obsession is geneology, he got into researching our family history when he was laid off a little over a month ago, and now even though he is back to work he still spends HOURS every night on the computer working more. It is okay though, harmless and doesn't cost as much money as the rabbits or the diapers for that matter
No way! What breed? I used to raise/show Jersey Woolys, Dwarfs and Mini Rex.
#35 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 03:20 PM

Dh is obsessed with Magnas and Mustangs. He has a Honda Magna motorcycle and spends a whole lot of time on the Magna Forum. We also have a '66 Mustang (and desperately want a 2005 Mustang) so that forum gets equal time. I like his hobbies because I looooove motorcycles and the Mustang was MY dream car but he took it over lol.

j
#36 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 03:27 PM

my dh loves his baseball and video games! it keeps him as happy as i am w/ diapers!

Shelly, Mom to Sophia 5 Nicholas 3 & 2 Angels
Its a GIRL! Alyssa Ann 6/29/10 7lbs 5 oz
#37 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 03:49 PM

Awww....This is a very cute thread. Jimmy lives, breathes and eats sports. This man could tell you ANYTHING about any sport from any era. You ask him "What happenned with 1 min 32 seconds remaining in the SuperBowl in 1972" The man could tell you within 5 seconds flat. I *think* he frequents the SD Padres message board sometimes but Im not sure. He loves anything sports, not much more to say...good thing is his habit isnt expensive, all he requests is the MLB pkg on Digital Cable. He also loves History, which if Im wondering something like that is lovely but when Im not, he could go on and on about something, I frankly dont wanna hear about. LOL

Anyways...Hes Cute and lets me have all the expensive hobbies without complaining, actually helping, so I dont complain.
#38 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 03:52 PM

I love this thread! I'm glad to know my DH isn't the only one with a wacky hobby!

My wonderful, gentle DH is truly obsessed with his favorite band. I won't name the band here, but suffice it to say that they are old-school, hardcore, shock industrial. He frequents a message board about this band, has every album, single, video, etc. by not only the band but also any side projects the band members have done OUTSIDE the band, traveled to GERMANY to see them play a show (before we got together), and has spent a rather impressive sum on show tickets, t-shirts, etc.

I don't mind one bit. I love the band too and I love seeing him so enthusiastic about something.
#39 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 03:53 PM

AV equipment- any and all! he's a video/film editor & producer & is very very very into cameras, digital photo/video, film, etc. he definitely spends less than me, but when he makes a purchase, it's a doozey!!!
#40 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 04:07 PM

My DH is obsessed with silver. Visits lots of investment sites and is very, very into precious metals. www.mises.org and www.jsmineset.com are the links he himself provided for you ladies to know more about what he gets really obsessed with online!
#41 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 04:19 PM

Motorcycles and trucks........ He races in the dessert on a dirt bike and is pretty good.... he got 7 out of 10 trophies this year and placed 2 in the other 3 races..... and his big ford truck which he loves........ I dont mind.... he loves it and it makes him happy........
#42 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 04:48 PM

Aw, c'mon Linnea! Which band? I industrial!

Anyway, my DH is pretty hung up on silver, too. But GOLD even moreso! Gold market activity, gold mining stocks, the whole nine yards - I get kicked offline a few times a day so he can check the market charts and his stock portfolio, and read his economics message boards.
I can't complain at all, though - his obsession puts food on the table and pays for our home. He runs a rare coins shop
#43 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 05:01 PM

My DH is inot stunt kites. Actually any sort of kite is up his ally, we have 2 and 4 line stunt kites. hes workign on a buggy for the 4 liner to pull him with.
He's made kites from trash bags etc. you name it. He has kites that look like bugs all sortsa goodies oh yeha and recnetly he bought roller lades and turned them into these things with big scotter tires so his kite could pull him!
#44 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 05:04 PM

Yep, DH has his obsessions too. :LOL

Let's see there's the VW Vortex forums, Motorcycle forums for Ducatis and the Motosports forums, Ferrari forum (no we DON'T have one of those yet ), the bicyclist forums... yep, he's got his too.

:LOL

He never gets on me about my diaper buying, because then I'd point out his collection of Motorcycle and Bicycles and various parts he's recently purchased which are much more expensive than ANY of my diapers. :LOL :LOL
#45 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 06:10 PM

Man!!

I have to get my DH a hobby!! This will totally justify all the money I spend! I never knew it worked like this!!

~now which direction shall I point him in?
#46 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehndi mama
Aw, c'mon Linnea! Which band? I industrial!
Heehee, Stell, it's Skinny Puppy. I figured most people here would never have heard of them. And some who had might think my DH is a Satanist or something! :LOL
#47 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 07:26 PM

Nifty! I figured it was somebody like that I'm a techno-industrial gal, myself - NIN all the way :LOL

A satanist? Sheesh!
#48 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnea
Heehee, Stell, it's Skinny Puppy. I figured most people here would never have heard of them. And some who had might think my DH is a Satanist or something! :LOL
Holy cow. I didn't even Skinny Puppy was still around! I remember seeing one of their concerts in Seattle in 1986! (yea, I'm old) Too cool
#49 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey31
Man!!

I have to get my DH a hobby!! This will totally justify all the money I spend! I never knew it worked like this!!

~now which direction shall I point him in?
I have a few ideas , pm for details : :LOL
#50 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 07:35 PM

Well nothing that he goes to a message board for but DH is obsessed with baseball. You would think that after playing 162 consecutive games with usually only 1 day off a month he would be sick of it but no. We have to have Sports Center and Baseball Tonight every night (usually more than once since they repeat), any game that is televised he watches, he plays all the latest Playstation/X-box/Gameboy baseball games with all of his teammates and surfs the net to look at all of the big sites - Baseball America, etc. I guess it could all be called "career research" but to me it gets OLD!

He is also obsessed with shoes and mens fashion -- he is total clothes horse and very picky!
#51 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Nifty! I figured it was somebody like that I'm a techno-industrial gal, myself - NIN all the way :LOL
Oh... OH... OH! Yanno, I am so glad to see that I am not the only hardcore Ind / Alt freak around here!
My Gav's middle name is Trent
And I can see myself in the mosh pit at 40.. and 50...!!!
#52 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 07:54 PM

Oh man, I lobbied for Trent for a boy's name, but DH vetoed. I don't think he was comfortable with me naming our son after someone I have such a huge crush on....
#53 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 07:57 PM

So many awesome mamas here!

My DH is a Michael... never went to grad school but if he could get a degree in Skinny Puppyology, he's graduate with honors. :LOL

The band broke up in the early 90's after one of the members died from an OD... they have re-formed, have a new album and just finished their first tour in over a decade! DH was, of course, over the moon.

I just made DD a butt sweater from an old black cashmere sweater of mine that had gotten a hole in it... she looks like she's ready to hit the mosh pit with us!
#54 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 08:20 PM

Waaaiiittttt a secky here - is the re-formed band recording as Skinny Puppy, or some other name? 'Cause my BF played this awesome-crazy cd for me a while ago, and said it was a band with some of the guys from Skinny Puppy in it. The disc had a blurry pinkish-red thing on it that looked like a heart w/ arteries or something......

Quote:
My Gav's middle name is Trent
My second son was named Trenton
#55 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Dimples
Oh man, I lobbied for Trent for a boy's name, but DH vetoed. I don't think he was comfortable with me naming our son after someone I have such a huge crush on....
I seriously pushed for Maynard James Keenan this time around... DH knew I was completely serious, too! heheheh good thing for him that I am having a girl!

Quote:
I just made DD a butt sweater from an old black cashmere sweater of mine that had gotten a hole in it... she looks like she's ready to hit the mosh pit with us!
That's just killer! I had a diaper made for dd in lime green with pink embroidery that says "Punk Rock Girl" in black light reactive pink thread! DH is dying for me to get someone to do a custom from his old Ministry tshirt!
#56 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Waaaiiittttt a secky here - is the re-formed band recording as Skinny Puppy, or some other name? 'Cause my BF played this awesome-crazy cd for me a while ago, and said it was a band with some of the guys from Skinny Puppy in it. The disc had a blurry pinkish-red thing on it that looked like a heart w/ arteries or something......
That was probably Ohgr ( http://www.ohgr.net/ ), which is the two remaining members of SP (Nivek Ogre and cEvin Key) along with some other folks. They put out two albums, both of which totally rock! But, Ogre and cEvin decided to re-form the actual band, Skinny Puppy, and have put out a new album under that name (it's called "The Greater Wrong of the Right") and on tour they are also playing old SP songs.

Now I've totally hijacked this thread... LOL!
#57 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 08:42 PM

Ohhhhh CRAP. Did you have to say THAT? I hate doing custom anything......but that would tempt me. Seriously.
#58 of 58 Old 08-09-2004, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny31
OMG! Karla - Are we married to the same man? How funny, my DH is BOB obsessed too. We should hook them up!
Do you guys happen to have a video from the Hard Rain tour (filmed in Colorado I guess). DH was at the concert and is dying for the video but I can't find it.
Hey Penny-- I am so cracking up at your post . . .

this is what Phil said when I asked about the video from the Hard Rain Tour: "There was never actually any 'hard rain' tour, but Columbia, in its perversity, took produced a live album from the 2nd leg "Rolling Thunder Review" and called it "Hard Rain."

And then he said:

"The video in question was a concert that was televised as a prime time special, live from Colorado, and not actually part of the official tour."

And then he said he'd really like to see the video, so if you find it and want to go halv-sies on it, let me know.

I was thinking that the Museum of Television and Radio in NYC might be able to track it down.

Karla

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page