What are your favorite diaper company names? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do you ever buy, or not buy, a diaper based on its name?? i'll admit i have passed up a few companies b/c i didn't like the name (any name that has to do with the "activity" that goes on in a diaper is unappealing to me).

my favorite diaper name is "freshies." it sounds so, well, fresh and breezy, and clean. i don't own any freshies diapers, but i started calling my son's diapers "freshies" (as in, "it's time for a freshie dipe?") after i heard the name.
#2 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 01:38 AM

These are just my little meaningless opinion.

Worst - Poopockets (ugh!)
Best - Full Moon Baby Gear (cute and hip!)

I have not bought many a WAHM dipe because the name turned me off. I'm so shallow like that! : There are names with references to body parts in them that can be so totally cute , but they can definitely be kinda oogy too. It totally depends.
#3 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 01:42 AM

YES! Anything too cutesie (sp?) or with too many syllables is a total turn-off for me :LOL I also don't like when one diaper site is a twist on another's name...although it must be hard to come up with a new/never thought of way to say "we sell diapers!"
#4 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 01:44 AM

I agree that FMBG is one of the best names! Fluffy Mail is also fun (along with First Class Baby and Little Caboose). Some other appealing names are Mosaic Moon, Celestial Baby, Sellin Threads (love that one!)....

I'm sure there are a ton more, but my brain is not functioning properly at this late hour....

(Oh, I also don't like PooPockets )
#5 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey0402
although it must be hard to come up with a new/never thought of way to say "we sell diapers!"
OK, if i were to ever become a WAHM, THAT's what i'd call MY store

and every hyena would be looking for my stocking of WSD's
#6 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyriver
OK, if i were to ever become a WAHM, THAT's what i'd call MY store

and every hyena would be looking for my stocking of WSD's

: Kinda like Wee Cee Dee - I always liked that one too :LOL
#7 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 02:26 AM

I don't wanna say but there is one that makes me cringe when I see it, but I will keep that to myself :LOL
I love fullmoonbabygear! I also love luxebaby, it looks so beautiful and fabulious!
I do not buy from companies with animal names or sounds that animals make, gets on my nerves reminds me of "baby talk" <<shudder>>
I will also not buy from a refrence to poop, pee or farts. Its like "yeah I know, its fluff lets not think of such things like what they actually do in it"
:LOL
Ok I am a weirdo.....

Shelly- www.hyenacart.com/tyedyedreams 12 years and going strong Bleed free prefolds, flats and clothes
#8 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 02:43 AM - Thread Starter

yes kindmomma, YES :

no reference to what goes on in the diaper!!! ugh!!!!!!!

and no baby talk!

and no baby talk about what goes on in the diaper!! (e.g. "MeGoPoopies")

: : : :
#9 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 02:46 AM

I like Toot Sweet. I always start singing that song from "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang". I it!

Tina ~ SAHcarrot.gif- head Mama to - 

DS blowkiss.gif(07/'03), DD energy.gif(05'05), DS, unplanned UC sleepytime.gif(01/'09), DD joy.gif(06/'11) ...

SURPRISE!  dizzy.gifNew little one, due Sept. 2013

#10 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 02:53 AM

I do like Sweetiebums & Celestial Baby.

I agree Full Moon Baby Gear is very cute, as is Luxe Baby. Oh, and I really like Cotton Pickin' Creations as well. I also like Wooly Wonders, Mosaic Moon and Fuzbaby.

I ALWAYS confuse SugarPieBaby with SugarPlumBaby with SugarBums...Oh MY!

There are so many, I need to brush up on em.

Teach your children about the global water crisis
Visit Dream Village to learn more | Check out Saved by the Well on Amazon! | SBTW Trailer!
#11 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 02:56 AM

My favs are:

Full Moon Baby Gear
LuxeBaby
FuzBaby
Kool Sheep Soakers
Toot Sweet
Righteous Baby
and I kinda like mine too :LOL

No I don't stay away from a store because I don't like the name, but I always remember the ones that I don't like the name :LOL (Just won't say it here!)
#12 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meco

I ALWAYS confuse SugarPieBaby with SugarPlumBaby with SugarBums...Oh MY!
ME TOO!

ETA: don't forget SugarPeas!
#13 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaB
ME TOO!

ETA: don't forget SugarPeas!
Egads...no kidding, a 4th.

Word to the wise: No more Sugar in the name!

And bums too..There are A LOT of bums/buns out there.

Teach your children about the global water crisis
Visit Dream Village to learn more | Check out Saved by the Well on Amazon! | SBTW Trailer!
#14 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 07:44 AM

This thread makes me really sad. Without giving out too much information (so I'm not violating any guidelines) my diapers are named for "what goes on in a diaper" because my 8 year old ds named them for me. It's cute and he's proud--there's a story behind them. But now to find out someone may pass up my diapers because of the name really saddens me.
#15 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 07:49 AM

dont feel bad brayg, the ppl responding are not the only ones searching for dipes
plus it might make u feel better to know that my absolute fave dipe has a name i despise and i just look past it

fwiw, i love when i read the 'story behind the name' on wahm sites shows the thought u put into ur biz

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

#16 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 08:05 AM

Thanks! I just went and put up our "story" (although I'm having some technical difficulties with it and can't get it to show up!). :LOL

I know there are more people out there looking for dipes than the people here...it just makes me sad.
#17 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 09:14 AM

I like freshies and wonderoos names
I don't think I ever came across a name that I thought was disgusting, some I thought were a little funny, but it's all good! It's all in the name of cloth
#18 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 09:28 AM

Brayg don't feel sad, we're all just having a little fun here. I'm sure your diapers speak for themselves (and I for one will be getting one when there are mediums available, hehehe) and there's no need to worry about the name.
#19 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brayg
I know there are more people out there looking for dipes than the people here...it just makes me sad.
Interesting statement and no doubt true. It makes me think that you are taking this personally, as if the fact that some people don't like the name of your dipes as some kind of personal rejection or slight.

It takes bravery for WAHM's to put their wares out there in public, and part of the natural process is that people will comment both positively and negatively on your name and your product. You obviously chose a name that has meaning for you and that you like, but others have different tastes and no personal connection to your family, so it's unrealistic to think that everyone's going to react the same way. So what if some people don't like it?

On the OT, I really like Divine Coverings (though I've never tried a diaper from there) as a name, as well as Bottom Bumpers and several of those already mentioned. I do not like Dingleberryz or however it's spelled.

Karla
#20 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 09:44 AM

Quote:

This thread makes me really sad. Without giving out too much information (so I'm not violating any guidelines) my diapers are named for "what goes on in a diaper" because my 8 year old ds named them for me. It's cute and he's proud--there's a story behind them. But now to find out someone may pass up my diapers because of the name really saddens me.
Don't feel bad! Really like Karla said, it isn't a personal slight at all. People have personal prefrences that is life. Now if someone told you that your diaper site was named correctly because you had a fat rear (yes someone did say this to me) then you could take it personally. (it was family and they THOUGHT they were funny) My rear is big, I am proud of it, Joe's rear is big now too, and I it too!

As for names I like, I like Fluffymail because it makes me look forward to getting it double time. I also like Tye Dye Dreams, because it is descriptive and well makes me dream... and the ones I don't like are ones that confuse me (that I can't pronounce) or ones that I don't 'get' right away. The Wee Cee Dee that someone mentioned confused the crap out of me for the longest time...no one said I was the brightest bulb in the bunch now....
#21 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 09:53 AM

If it's a good diaper I don't care what it's called! Sure there may be some names I don't care for, but that doesn't stop me from buying. (Ha, if I have premission to buy not much stops me!)

Marnie- Someone really said that to you? : I love the name of your biz!

I also really like Fluffymail because I think it was ingenious to use that term as a name.

Mommy of 3 super charged kiddos
#22 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj'smommy
Marnie- Someone really said that to you? : I love the name of your biz!
LOL yep, and thanks, but it was family and they say mean hurtful things like that to eachother all the time, hence the reason we stay HOME more
#23 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allformyboys
LOL yep, and thanks, but it was family and they say mean hurtful things like that to eachother all the time, hence the reason we stay HOME more
I don't blame you, I would stay home too!

#24 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 10:11 AM

Quote:
The Wee Cee Dee that someone mentioned confused the crap out of me for the longest time...no one said I was the brightest bulb in the bunch now....
Marnie.... guess what? I just *got* it when I read the PP's like of the name. I was like *oh yeah.... We CD! NOW I get it!!!!*

So don't feel bad at all....

And then I am the person who sat in Aladdin (before kids, of course!) and we were reading the credits to see whose voices were in the movie. I turned to my DH and said "what do you think an in-bet-weener is?" The woman in front of us starting laughing hysterically, leaned back and said "that's inbetweener" Man was my face
#25 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 10:31 AM

I didn't get Wee Cee Dee until I read this thread either! for those of us who are a little slow on the uptake!

#26 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetapestry
Interesting statement and no doubt true. It makes me think that you are taking this personally, as if the fact that some people don't like the name of your dipes as some kind of personal rejection or slight.

So what if some people don't like it?
It isn't so much that people don't like the name--I can handle that, as long as they are open-minded enough to give the diaper a chance, despite the name. But I saw a few "I won't try xxxx diaper because of the name" which I guess, as a new, upcoming WAHM makes me feel I've got a big ol' X on my face right out of the gate, kwim?

I know my product will speak for itself, *if* I can get people to try them, but if they are going to stay away because of what I've named them, then I guess I would take it personally.

Anyhoo...just offering a different perspective from the WAHM side.
#27 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 10:42 AM

i think some of the names that refer to what goes on in the diaper are kinda cute. poopockets? it's funny. a pocket full of poo. but then my sense of humour can be a little....unique.
i Loveybums, myself, and Warm Heart Woolies.
s to all the creative mamas and your clever names for your businesses. goodness it's hard to pick one you know, we tried and tried to come up with a creative name for our farm and came up dry. So it's just *our last name here* Farms. Now that's lame.
I'd never be able to think of something myself!
#28 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj'smommy
I didn't get Wee Cee Dee until I read this thread either! for those of us who are a little slow on the uptake!

I've been over that one too! I'm so happy I finally get it!
#29 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 11:01 AM

Quote:
My rear is big, I am proud of it
I SO see a DDDDC in your futre.

Karla
#30 of 73 Old 08-10-2004, 11:08 AM

Quote:
It isn't so much that people don't like the name--I can handle that, as long as they are open-minded enough to give the diaper a chance, despite the name. But I saw a few "I won't try xxxx diaper because of the name" which I guess, as a new, upcoming WAHM makes me feel I've got a big ol' X on my face right out of the gate, kwim?
Customers or potential customers aren't required to be open minded about anything, much less something about a product or business practices related to it. We have so many choices for diapering products now that it is many times our personal preferences that guide our decisions to try or not try something. Some people won't buy diapers from websites with typos (hi Marnie!), I won't buy diapers from websites that have religious content on them, and I've seen various other reasons for not trying products that range from don't like the website design to poor quality pictures or unfavorable return policies. Customers are very idiosyncratic in their preferences, and you don't need to satisfy everybody to have a decent business. So I say make your choices and be proud of them, find your niche, and avoid dwelling on what people say they don't like (unless it's constructive feedback).

Karla

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page