"Thing for sale" on ebay... wha??? - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 261 Old 08-14-2004, 03:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So are they cloth food containers? Like a wetbag for sandwiches? That's really quite clever, although I agree it's hardly CD category material. What a thinkin' Mama...
#242 of 261 Old 08-14-2004, 03:43 AM

I still think most mama's will not be disapointed & I think 5.00 is a good price, just like cd's up front it cost more but its something you will use over & over again!
I think Noreen is great she has made some great clothes for my son. And at a time when we were all so devastated by Levi's diagnosis, she came up with this GREAT idea to raise $$! And for $5. ea we all felt like we were helping out..& curiosity kills the cat..lol I think she sold 80 right off the bat & all the $ when to Levi!!
(**By the way a post from April today...
"Levi is CANCER FREE!"**)

I also think its a bummer that someone is Ebaying it & making a profit off of the mystery of the thing..& making it seem like a cd item

oh..there is a HUGE list of other uses for it on her Yahoo group, some neat ideas..we have all really had fun with it..so dont be disapointed! I am sure you could re-sell it if need be as there are people on AOL boards STILL wanting more! LOL
to keep on CD topic, You can carry your wipes in it!
#243 of 261 Old 08-14-2004, 10:14 AM

***DISCLAIMER***
:LOL

For all of you who got a VERY odd PM from me last night in response to the "thing" I am soooooo sorry. I got so many PMs that I had started cut and pasting the response and forgot that I had posted somewhere in the middle of dealing with the PMs. So I am not sure how many of you got my "humane service" PM but I am sorry! : yes, it is terribly funny. I am cracking up thinking of all the mommas who were like "has this lady lost it?" :LOL
If I sent you the wrong answer, please rePM me. :LOL

Shelly- www.hyenacart.com/tyedyedreams 12 years and going strong Bleed free prefolds, flats and clothes
#244 of 261 Old 08-14-2004, 10:14 AM

<~~~~~~~~~ :LOL :LOL :LOL :LOL

Hahhaaahha

Shelly- www.hyenacart.com/tyedyedreams 12 years and going strong Bleed free prefolds, flats and clothes
#245 of 261 Old 08-14-2004, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindmomma
***DISCLAIMER***

For all of you who got a VERY odd PM from me last night in response to the "thing" I am soooooo sorry. I got so many PMs that I had started cut and pasting the response and forgot that I had posted somewhere in the middle of dealing with the PMs. So I am not sure how many of you got my "humane service" PM but I am sorry! : yes, it is terribly funny. I am cracking up thinking of all the mommas who were like "has this lady lost it?" :LOL
If I sent you the wrong answer, please rePM me. :LOL

Ummmm, that would be me. :LOL I was thinking you were trying to say that the "thing" was a rubber snake or something. I read my PMs before I checked the board, and was rather baffled :
#246 of 261 Old 08-14-2004, 12:34 PM

:doh
I am SOOOO sorry everyone. I need more sleep! :LOL

#247 of 261 Old 08-14-2004, 01:44 PM

ohhh... so exciting. Whoever wins please tell us what it is! I was wondering if it is a hyena dipe but then wouldn't she say "hyena surprise" or something in the description??? I'm very curious...

Maybe I should write and ask if the "thing" would fit a newborn- maybe that way I'd get a hint??? Hummmm...

SAHMama to the "Fantastic Four"- 10 yr old b/g twins, 7 yr old boy, 5 yr old girl... : and expecting a miracle baby Feb. 2010...: Married for 11 yrs to my handsome Police Officer :cop:
#248 of 261 Old 08-14-2004, 01:48 PM

ok, looks like I missed a lot! (I just read the first couple posts before I posted) Ignore my last post I'm going to go read the posts to see if I can find out what the "thing" was.

SAHMama to the "Fantastic Four"- 10 yr old b/g twins, 7 yr old boy, 5 yr old girl... : and expecting a miracle baby Feb. 2010...: Married for 11 yrs to my handsome Police Officer :cop:
#249 of 261 Old 08-18-2004, 08:27 PM

The eBay listing is up to $17. : I wish the momma(s) who bid on this knew you could get one for $5.83 brand new.
#250 of 261 Old 08-18-2004, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnybumm
The eBay listing is up to $17. : I wish the momma(s) who bid on this knew you could get one for $5.83 brand new.
If anyone knows who the high bidder is, tell her to quit bidding. The last high bidder was the WAHM that makes the Thing. She was tired of seeing people get scammed by Dorothy on this auction. Someone else I know emailed the seller and asked if it was diaper related, and the seller was flat out lied about it. :
#251 of 261 Old 08-18-2004, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitneyVL
If anyone knows who the high bidder is, tell her to quit bidding. The last high bidder was the WAHM that makes the Thing. She was tired of seeing people get scammed by Dorothy on this auction. Someone else I know emailed the seller and asked if it was diaper related, and the seller was flat out lied about it. :

I really feel bad for the mama who makes the Thing.And from what I have heard that ebay seller is a real nut job so no suprise that she is scamming people.Maybe we could report the auction to ebay?
#252 of 261 Old 08-18-2004, 10:10 PM

It's all over now (hopefully, lol). Noreen (the Thing WAHM) won the auction. So no one will be scammed out of their money by the Ebay seller.
#253 of 261 Old 08-18-2004, 10:17 PM

I'm sorry to butt in on this thread. Can someone PLEASE tell me what the thing was? I don't have but 5 more minutes on the PC, and I can't possibly read through 13 pages. PLEASE!!
#254 of 261 Old 08-18-2004, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

uhm... can we tell now?
#255 of 261 Old 08-18-2004, 10:41 PM

YES PLEASE DO!!! I wanna know!!
#256 of 261 Old 08-18-2004, 10:44 PM

Just to let you know, I got my $3 back for shipping cause she will ship it in an envelope for $0.85. So it only cost like $6.00. NOW I am excited and I want it!
#257 of 261 Old 08-18-2004, 10:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It was a PUL sandwhich bag. for the love of everything holy this has got to end. It is a very nice, perfectly useful thing but The shipping was outrageous and auction now seems a bit hokey. if you want a thing just e-mail the lady who makes them and buy yourself one for a reasonable price and a reasoble amnount of shipping. skip the hype. I believe the procedes were origiannly going to help a family with a very sick baby and now it has turned intot htis weirdness.

I feel realy bad or the thing lady.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#258 of 261 Old 08-19-2004, 07:44 AM

I would actually love to buy some of these at a reasonable price. I didn't see anywhere who the maker is?
#259 of 261 Old 08-19-2004, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeUpMama
I would actually love to buy some of these at a reasonable price. I didn't see anywhere who the maker is?
Tiny Beginnings Scroll to the bottom of the page.
#260 of 261 Old 07-13-2005, 05:38 PM

Just had to resurrect this. I just sat through all 7 pages and am still cracking up! :LOL

At least in the end I found out what a "thing" was (I didn't think you ladies would ever fess up! ) And the thing is she's still selling "things" I think I may like a "thing"

Carry on!
#261 of 261 Old 07-13-2005, 06:10 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page