In what circumstances would you use sposies? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 66 Old 09-02-2004, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not sure.. it would have to be dire circumstances for sure.

We use cloth when we travel.

I make sure I have at least a weeks worth of stash ( lots of prefolds for emergenies) during hurricane season. So.. unless our power is off for more than a week and I can't get the dipes clean enough washing with hot water ( boiled on the grill or camp stove) in the bath tub, then we will have to find some sposies to buy.

KHG Accounting : Tax , Accounting and Quickbooks services.
File your taxes online for FREE - 39.95. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
#62 of 66 Old 09-02-2004, 02:01 PM

We're going to use the hospital diapers in the hospital. I'm assumming they're sposies. We just didn't feel it was worthwhile to haul a big stash over there when it will only be 36 hours or so and we'll be bringing cloth for the way home.

Our plan is to use cloth on our two upcoming planned trips for the rest of the year. Next year, we are planning a trip to China for about two weeks and I think we'll use sposies for that.

#63 of 66 Old 09-02-2004, 02:21 PM

I doubt I would ever use them. I haven't bought a single one in over 18 months, since we converted. And dh would never let anyone put one on one of his kids, he is more militant than I am. Once, we were on an outing and we ran out of cloth diapers. We let dd be naked rather then run to the store the buy sposies. I got peed on, of course, but I'm washable.
#64 of 66 Old 09-02-2004, 04:43 PM

For those who asked, thanks, DD is seemingly fine now, the neurologist wants to follow up in 2 months, but he thinks she'll make a full recovery.

I definitely did not want to do sposies, but it was one of those things that you just deal with. The nurses all LOVED Lyss's CDs, though, and wanted a bunch of my cards for family and friends.

But we've CDd all but one other medical day since she was 5 days old, including lots of trips.
#65 of 66 Old 09-02-2004, 05:24 PM

MIL prefers to use Amway 'sposies as the amway people have her convinced that diaper service dipes are worse than 'sposies and she puts them on squeaker every chance she can :
DH occasionally uses them when he's out and about alone with the babe all day
and I use them once in awhile when we travel.
#66 of 66 Old 09-02-2004, 05:54 PM

When we travelled back East for a month at christmas he was growing so fast & I had no idea if he'd still fit in the S and I was a little nervous still with cloth. I listened to the mothers and only brought a few prefolds & covers.

Also I flew (& train & subway'ed it) to my brother and SIL by myself with Noah and only could take one backpack worth of stuff for 4 days and brought christmas presents back & forth I left ALL my diapers behind and just used their sposies.

Since then I have not used any including long travels and just now 3 nights in a remote cabin (I'd have to haul dirty diapers out anyway, so I might as well wash them when I got back)

I think that leaves me with the space saving travel scenario for sposies. If we had to be minimalist with baggage & weren't going to be gone long (and there were stores on the other end).

But I totally understand and support those that use sposies more regularly than I. You have to do what makes you happy and sometimes just what keeps you sane

Alaskan Mom to 2 boys

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page