Back by popular demand-THE WAGON!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:horse1 All aboard!

How's this for ironic? Just when we get cool new wagon smilies, the wagon fizzled out!

I saw a couple of people wondering where the wagon went, so your self- appointed wagon :cop: decided to start a thread.

When was the last time you bought a diaper? What should you be spending money on besides diapers?

So is anybody going to join me, or am I going to sit here talking to myself?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 05:26 PM

I'll join you! I need support

I last bought a KP (okay TWO) at the stocking. I need to stay on the wagon until October 4th (I want some more Mammamade) and then get back on it and buy my little girl some shirts to go with her longies!

Oh... I might fall off on Thursday if I can score a WIO from BB. I am not very good at the wagon thing!

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#3 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 05:26 PM

I bought dyed prefolds yesterday!

I should be buying all sorts of things. I am in desperate need of new clothes for myself, but I just keep buying diapers! I even took the money that my family gave me for my birthday to buy diapers! I'm still trying to build my stash since I just started CDing last month...

Sara
#4 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smillerky
I bought dyed prefolds yesterday!

I should be buying all sorts of things. I am in desperate need of new clothes for myself, but I just keep buying diapers! I even took the money that my family gave me for my birthday to buy diapers! I'm still trying to build my stash since I just started CDing last month...

Sara
My family won't give me just money for birthdays, etc anymore because they know I will spend it on diapers, not on something for me! :LOL
#5 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatulagirl
I'll join you! I need support

I last bought a KP (okay TWO) at the stocking. I need to stay on the wagon until October 4th (I want some more Mammamade) and then get back on it and buy my little girl some shirts to go with her longies!

Oh... I might fall off on Thursday if I can score a WIO from BB. I am not very good at the wagon thing!
Welcome aboard! We'll try to keep you occupied until the 4th.
#6 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 05:32 PM

I'm thinking about liquidating as much of my stash as I can pry out of my fluff-loving hands, so that even with my scheduled customs this fall, I'll be on the plus side, paypal/fluff-wise. The reason? Well I wash every day. I just go through enough diapers so that my wash basin is comfortably full adn not at all overly full in 24 hours, so that's when I wash. But I have enough stash to go....a week. I just think it's silly to have about 7 times too many diapers, so I MUST sell some. And the wool covers, too...I LOVE WOOL COVERS so much, but then....DS is coverless at home, right...? and when we go out I put him in a very baby basic AIO for trimness and ease of changing-out-of-the-house... so when do I need wool covers??

gotta sell stash!
#7 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 05:33 PM

I'm here with ya Becky, for REAL this time! My stash has bloomed (read: exploded) into a big mass of fluffiness, so no more need for anything now. Except maybe a minishower, but that really shouldn't count because it's mroe of a necessity than for fun
#8 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 05:34 PM

But Angelica, you've got to get a bum-ware AIO to compare with your very baby AIOs!
#9 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmommy
But Angelica, you've got to get a bum-ware AIO to compare with your very baby AIOs!

Gillian, am I going to have to kick you off already for tempting other wagon riders? :LOL
#10 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflymom
I'm thinking about liquidating as much of my stash as I can pry out of my fluff-loving hands, so that even with my scheduled customs this fall, I'll be on the plus side, paypal/fluff-wise. The reason? Well I wash every day. I just go through enough diapers so that my wash basin is comfortably full adn not at all overly full in 24 hours, so that's when I wash. But I have enough stash to go....a week. I just think it's silly to have about 7 times too many diapers, so I MUST sell some. And the wool covers, too...I LOVE WOOL COVERS so much, but then....DS is coverless at home, right...? and when we go out I put him in a very baby basic AIO for trimness and ease of changing-out-of-the-house... so when do I need wool covers??

gotta sell stash!
Angelica, whatever you do, don't tell us when you start selling off your stash! That would be a near catastrophic event for us wagoneers. Especially your wool. :LOL
#11 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloesmom
Gillian, am I going to have to kick you off already for tempting other wagon riders? :LOL
:LOL I know I'm bad...but if I'm not buying I want other people to! Plus, this thing's going to get real crowded real soon, and there's only so much popcorn to go around!
#12 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 05:40 PM

Quote:
wow you're brave saying that in front of becky :

but you're right
#13 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
:LOL I know I'm bad...but if I'm not buying I want other people to! Plus, this thing's going to get real crowded real soon, and there's only so much popcorn to go around!
Oh good, you brought the snacks then? :LOL
#14 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 05:44 PM

Quote:
wow you're brave saying that in front of becky :

but you're right
I only say it because you, mama, are the reason that I bought my VB AIOs- for dh's own personal stash. And you know what? They are the first thing he reaches for and he likes them! He hates snaps And he most definitely doesn't get wool- my loveybums covers have both ended up in the diaper wash with everything else after he didn't know what to do with them when poop got on them. :
#15 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 05:45 PM

Ok, i was never part of the wagon before, so i guess now would be a good time for me to jump on... it's ok to be on the wagon and still do trades right???

My last purchase was a fleese SP embrodered cover, a wool SP embrodered cover, and a med TxBB AIO. all these bough from Carrie (SP maker) off the TP.

I need to start saving some $ to buy myself some very very needed clothes since i have about 4 outfits to wear until i lose more of this baby fat, and i'm so so sick of wearing dh's t-shirts i need some cute nursing tops!!! ARRRRR Keep me away from the TP, although i will have to jump off the wagon on friday to pp a lady for some Rikki wraps she's holding for me, good price, i love my smalls and need med for when allie grows into them!!! LOL then i NEED to stay on this wagon and away from the TP until begining of November when i get my Chirstmas money...
#16 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloesmom
Oh good, you brought the snacks then? :LOL
Sure! : and all around!
#17 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 05:46 PM

I must hop on this wagon. I keep buying things (KP, KHW, luxe) when I am trying to save up for my FM custom. I am vowing to not purchase another item until I pay for my FM custom.
#18 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 05:47 PM

Thank you for bringing back the wagon -- I need it! I'm not sure when I last bought a diaper. What do I need to spend the money on? Food!

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

#19 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sustainer
Thank you for bringing back the wagon -- I need it! I'm not sure when I last bought a diaper. What do I need to spend the money on? Food!
I know what you mean Alice! For some reason these kids think they need to eat too!?!
#20 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I only say it because you, mama, are the reason that I bought my VB AIOs- for dh's own personal stash. And you know what? They are the first thing he reaches for and he likes them! He hates snaps And he most definitely doesn't get wool- my loveybums covers have both ended up in the diaper wash with everything else after he didn't know what to do with them when poop got on them. :
Darn it Gillian! I have been fighting the urge to buy a Very Baby AIO for months now!

I'M NOT LISTENING!!!!I'M NOT LISTENING!!!LALALALALALA (what I really need is a smiley with it's fingers in it's ears!lol)
#21 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holli
I'm kind of on the wagon.. Holli style. I actually have a monthly budget now! :LOL

But, I'd like to officially be first on Angelica's presale list..

Holli
Hey babysteps Girlfriend! Plus you have to have something to keep you occupied!
#22 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 05:54 PM

~My name is Suzi and since discovering MDC I have become a dipeholic~
I cashmere and when I discovered there was more to dipes than proraps I was in trouble. We can afford proraps, cashmere is a rare indulgence that has been appearing in my mailbox wayyy to often.

The last thing I bought was purple cashmere KP from the TP, and I said when I got my purple cashmere KP I was done....so I'd like to have a dipe free october then buy a few non-cashmere covers in Novemeber then be dipe free till January. I've gotta have the $ to score a pair of moss feet shoes for squeakers christmas pressie (to match the BBH she's also getting). Got to have $ for all those Christmakkah pressies not to mention a new pair of sneaks
#23 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 05:55 PM

Quote:

gotta sell stash!

Angelica, you don't need fewer dipes, just more babies!

Mama to 13, and 10 and 4.
#24 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Ok, i was never part of the wagon before, so i guess now would be a good time for me to jump on... it's ok to be on the wagon and still do trades right???
Seems to me we agreed that as long as no new money was leaving bank accounts or credit cards you're ok. So trades are fine!

Welcome aboard!
#25 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanone
Angelica, you don't need fewer dipes, just more babies!

: Hey does that fall under tempting other wagon riders?
#26 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 06:02 PM

You're right, Becky, I shouldn't come on the wagon thread and rave about a product that you want to try- not fair!

They have a really long drying time and...and...they're boring solid colors...how's that?
#27 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 06:08 PM
Ok

I have some caramels to share Can I join again?

My name is Virg and my last purchase was (um...hmmm...) last Friday I think. (also bit by Carrie's stash sell off )

Theres a bunch of things on the TP I'd love to see on C's bum. But I've been good. so far
#28 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
You're right, Becky, I shouldn't come on the wagon thread and rave about a product that you want to try- not fair!

They have a really long drying time and...and...they're boring solid colors...how's that?

:LOL Thanks for trying! :LOL Luckily, the reason I haven't bought one yet is because there isn't any money to do it with! :LOL So I'm pretty safe. I was just joshin ya!
#29 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama.Virg
I have some caramels to share Can I join again?

My name is Virg and my last purchase was (um...hmmm...) last Friday I think. (also bit by Carrie's stash sell off )

Theres a bunch of things on the TP I'd love to see on C's bum. But I've been good. so far

Virg, stay away from the TP! More than one wagon rider has fallen victim to it's thrifty temptations!

mmmm...caramels....
#30 of 49 Old 09-28-2004, 06:13 PM

My last purchase was also Carrie's stash sell off

I'm on the wagon until november at least. We added up all our bills for this friday and it didn't leave any money for ... well... FOOD! lol! So I had a garage sale with a friend and made a whole $110 bucks. We usually spend about $225 every two weeks so this should be fun Builds character right!

But once finances are in order I desperatly need some more fitteds for this kid!

Tammy

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page