Just a friendly little reminder... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 65 Old 10-09-2004, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
that WAHMs are people, too! REAL people with REAL families and REAL problems other than YOU. Their lives do not revolve around YOU. I, too, have been burnt in the past by bad WAHMs, but people, get your priorities straight! I am sickened and appalled to hear that a certain WAHM has gotten DEATH THREATS for her and her children from some lousy customer over an ORDER! For goodness' sake people, this is STUFF! Diapers, covers, soap, WHATEVER... This is nothing compared to the life of a person! Again I say, get your priorities straight! And what's this about customers blackmailing WAHMs to get freebies? That's just sick and wrong!

Yes, customer service is important. However, we need to be patient sometimes and understand that life happens! Sometimes we get screwed (pardon my language -- I'm a bit upset at the moment ) and that really stinks, but live and learn... That's just part of life -- a lot of people are dishonest. Sad, but true. MOST of the time, however, the WAHM is just dealing with other issues... MOST of the time, the issues will be resolved and they will get to you when they get to you. Let's all just try to have a little bit of patience and compassion -- no hateful emails and CERTAINLY no death threats necessary!

OK, off my soapbox now... Back to your regularly scheduled diaper threads...

Mama K: Child of God, wife to S, mama to 3 little beauties and 1 handsome little guy!

#2 of 65 Old 10-09-2004, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foster_sk
I am sickened and appalled to hear that a certain WAHM has gotten DEATH THREATS for her and her children from some lousy customer over an ORDER!
OMG! Death Threats!?! You have got to be kidding me! Thats unreal.

Michelle

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
#3 of 65 Old 10-09-2004, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

She has. The police have to patrol past her house every hour. Her poor child is terrified. Nobody should have to live like that.

Mama K: Child of God, wife to S, mama to 3 little beauties and 1 handsome little guy!

#4 of 65 Old 10-09-2004, 11:23 PM

that's so crazy... what in the world can some one need/want so bad they would death threat a wahm??? that's so imature!
#5 of 65 Old 10-09-2004, 11:23 PM

I totally agree. I am a sahm and dance academy owner/ dance instructor. I am a small bus that puts families first. I do alot of work from my home and I bring my children to the academy with me.

One of the advantages of a small bus and wahm is the personalized care and love that they have for their work. One of the disadvantages is that on occation.........their is a delay or problem with an order. That happens sometimes when their is only one employee. Personally.................I have no problem with these problems as long as the wahm is doing the best they can to fix the problem. It is a price I am willing to pay for the fabulous service that I regularly receive from wahm and small bus.

We all need to treat others as we would like to be treated. Put yourself in their shoes.........everyone has their problems. We should assist eachother through them, not make it worse.

And to those who want free stuff.........................make it yourself!

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#6 of 65 Old 10-09-2004, 11:27 PM

Man, that is just horrible!!! Even if you are out serious $$, it does NOT excuse the behavior AT ALL. How sad
#7 of 65 Old 10-09-2004, 11:28 PM

That is really awful - and illegal. I can't believe someone would get that upset.
#8 of 65 Old 10-09-2004, 11:33 PM

WOW!!! That is just nuts!! I am not a confrational person but death threats is too far.
#9 of 65 Old 10-09-2004, 11:34 PM

How awful!! How horrible that the mama & her family have to deal with someone like that.
#10 of 65 Old 10-09-2004, 11:35 PM

I just don't know what more to say, it is very sad that someone is that upset about their stuff/money!
#11 of 65 Old 10-09-2004, 11:40 PM

If that ever happened to me, I'd quit the business.

I'd hate to see a great WAHM close her business because of someones insanity!!!
#12 of 65 Old 10-09-2004, 11:46 PM

Poor mama who is experiencing that now. Obviously the person who made it is mentally unstable.
#13 of 65 Old 10-09-2004, 11:48 PM
Ok

I hope its not a Mama from here b/c I'd hate to have chit chat (serious or frivolous) w/ anyone who could seriously feel *that* angry over stuff stuff its just stuff

Hugs for that Mama and her child/ren.
#14 of 65 Old 10-09-2004, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee
And to those who want free stuff.........................make it yourself!

Amen!! :
#15 of 65 Old 10-10-2004, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSizzled
I hope its not a Mama from here b/c I'd hate to have chit chat (serious or frivolous) w/ anyone who could seriously feel *that* angry over stuff stuff its just stuff

Hugs for that Mama and her child/ren.
nak, but
#16 of 65 Old 10-10-2004, 12:04 AM

WOW!!! People are crazy! I hope the authorities show these stalkers what fear really is

Shelly- www.hyenacart.com/tyedyedreams 12 years and going strong Bleed free prefolds, flats and clothes
#17 of 65 Old 10-10-2004, 12:21 AM

this makes me feel icky

i feel for the WAHM but i hope she understands that isn't the norm. well, i sure hope not anyway. i'm surprised to hear that blackmailing for freebies is common too, so maybe i'm naive. not that i'd blame her if she did, but i hope she doesn't quit on some wacko's account!

her poor kids! isn't this like the cheerleader mom - who "loved" her kid so much she hired someone to kill the competitions mother? i'm sure this mama thinks, "i love my baby so much NO ONE will mess with us!!!" yeah, say that to your cellmate, big bertha!
#18 of 65 Old 10-10-2004, 12:24 AM

I am really sorry to hear anyone was treated this way--a WAHM or any other mother really. What a horrible thing to do~

Teach your children about the global water crisis
Visit Dream Village to learn more | Check out Saved by the Well on Amazon! | SBTW Trailer!
#19 of 65 Old 10-10-2004, 12:52 AM

That just boggle's my mind... I'm just my head over this! What in the world is that person thinking...for pete's sake, it's a DIAPER?!!! This diaper that gets pooped in for heavens sake...how could people possibly get that upset?! It's beyond me. How could they not think of how they would feel if it were their child and their family being treated that way. And blackmail for freebies...I thought Cd'ing is not only a way for diapering, but also a way to gently parent, how is this person rationalizing her behavior?! I'm just apalled!

Jesse, wife to DH , mama to DD 13, DS 11, DS 8, DD 6, DS 3 & bean EDD 12/18/13
#20 of 65 Old 10-10-2004, 01:22 AM

I'm sure this thread will get pulled, but this is appalling and ridiculous. Whoever it is needs to get back to HER life and quit terrorizing this poor WAHM. I hope it's not an MDC mama. I'd hate to think any of us would act like that. :

, , , mama to Ross , Reagan (8/29/05), Joshua (from Haiti...here NOW due to the earthquake!), and Elijah , born safely 9-8-09.
#21 of 65 Old 10-10-2004, 02:07 AM

That is disgusting and sick. I can't believe people sometimes. Too bad they can't force the person the pay for the costs of having the police patrol the wahms house, etc.
Needless to say, whoever this person is needs some serious psychological help and I really hope that they are not part of this community.

And I to the wahm. I feel terrible that they and their family have to go through this.
#22 of 65 Old 10-10-2004, 02:43 AM

Talk about messed up priorities!!!
#23 of 65 Old 10-10-2004, 04:12 AM

I can't imagine she could threaten a woman and her children, her being a mother herself and knowing how awful it would be to be fearful of your family's safety....
#24 of 65 Old 10-10-2004, 09:29 AM

That is just so sad and cruel. If it happened to me, I would definitely quit too.
#25 of 65 Old 10-10-2004, 10:28 AM

How horrible ... this person must be very unstable to get like this over a flippin diaper ... how very sad for the WAHM and her family. I hope they find whoever is doing this to her ...
#26 of 65 Old 10-10-2004, 10:41 AM

I am apalled at all of this!

I wrote a long reply before and lost it, so now that is all I have to say!
#27 of 65 Old 10-10-2004, 11:04 AM

truly disgusting. there are people in this world who never ever think about anything or anyone but themselves. poor mama!
#28 of 65 Old 10-10-2004, 11:33 AM

That's sick. I hope the wahm pursues legal action. It takes a really horrible person to scare someone's family like that :

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

#29 of 65 Old 10-10-2004, 11:57 AM

Wow, I am flabbergasted. I can't believe someone would threaten a life over something materialistic, like a diaper. for the poor mama dealiing with this and her family. Shame on whoever is doing this to her. That's just ridiculous and insane. How sad they have nothing more to do with their life than to threaten someone.

Katina, Mom to Nathan 12/6/00 and Zachary 8/10/03
Rachel born still 9-19-09
#30 of 65 Old 10-10-2004, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foster_sk
She has. The police have to patrol past her house every hour. Her poor child is terrified. Nobody should have to live like that.
She must have friends in very high places to warrant this kind of police protection. Stalking and/or death threats occur at a fairly substantial rate in all communities, much of it domestic violence related, some of it celebrity or fantasy related, and some of it just random people in random relationships.

If the police gave everybody who'd been threatened and/or stalked this kind of treatment, they'd do nothing but protective drive bys. I've never heard of anyone who's received a death threat or been stalked getting this kind of police protection. Usually the police tell people to lock their doors, get dogs and alarm systems, and hire private security.

Karla

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page