WOW WOW WOW!!!! Another rave for bum-ware!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I ordered 1 easy AIO to try out. This is the first new fluff I've had in a while...and with her free shipping coupon, I HAD to try it. Well. We got it in the mail just days after I ordered it ( I LOVE fast shipping!!!) AND it is SO trim! Dallin's in an infant size. He has a super skinny waist (16 inches) and 11 inch thighs. This is an amazing diaper! And SO affordable! I am absolutely thrilled- AND her sewing is perfect! What a great WAHM! Woo-hoo! Here are some pics. Nevermind that he has no clothes on...except socks.:LOL

FRONT BACK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 07:29 PM

Looks like a great fit! He is so sweet, my dd is a nudie too :LOL

mum to a crew...
#3 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 07:29 PM

He is such a cutie!
#4 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 07:30 PM

I really want to try one of those! I was just concerned about the sizing for my dd's chubby thighs.

That looks great on your little cutie! I could only get the first linkt o work though.
#5 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 07:55 PM

That looks great and he is so adorable. I want to order one, but I am a die-hard Very Baby AIO lover. How does the absorbancy compare? How does the construction compare. Also, has anyone tried the snap ones?
#6 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 07:59 PM

he is adorable! great fit too

Shelly, Mom to Sophia 5 Nicholas 3 & 2 Angels
Its a GIRL! Alyssa Ann 6/29/10 7lbs 5 oz
#7 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 08:13 PM

I love it! Don't tempt me.. that's my favorite color, too Maybe when she's walking... but I love my pockets.

I love working with her! I just got a 2nd fleece cover because I liked the first one so much, and she added snaps for me!
#8 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 08:13 PM

I was just coming to post the same thing!! :LOL I got mine today, too (super fast ~ I ordered it CUSTOM on the 15th and she mailed it on the 16th! )! I LOVE the fit on Ella ~ SO trim! The no back elastic is a great idea and it doesn't gap at all like I was afraid it might. Ella is in the infant size at 22 lbs, 17" waist, 11" thighs with plenty of room to grow.

Awesome dipes, Izzy!!
#9 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmunch
That looks great and he is so adorable. I want to order one, but I am a die-hard Very Baby AIO lover. How does the absorbancy compare? How does the construction compare. Also, has anyone tried the snap ones?
I VB AIOs (med long) and this is similar as far as fit and trimness, but different construction (no back elastic, the tabs for fastening are different, etc.). I can't comment on absorbency yet (we just opened it and tried it on), but it looks like it will hold a good amount. I got a quick-dry fleece topped soaker.

ETA: It looks VERY well made.
#10 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 08:38 PM

Ah, I have one just like it! Haven't tried it yet, as babe has 2.5 more months in utero.

I like that there are no tags, unlike the Bumkins. It is also the most straightforward of my diaper collection so far, nothing to snap in or stuff in. Looks easy, and yes, quite affordable.
#11 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 08:54 PM

Oh my goodness...you have the cutest little guy!!!!

I would love to hear how absorbant they are and if you have any wicking problems. My hubby has been pretty resistant to the idea of cloth diapers and even more so after he saw the LL AIO's I got. He says that they make our baby look like she has a strange growth. But he happened to walk past the computer when the pic of your little boy was up and he made the comment that the diaper on him was "cool".

So please be sure to post about how well these work! Thanks!
#12 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellieblue
I LOVE the fit on Ella ~ SO trim! The no back elastic is a great idea and it doesn't gap at all like I was afraid it might.
So what are the benefits of not having back elastic? Can anyone comment on the benefits of having back elastic also?

Thanks!
#13 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 08:59 PM

I'm probably not the best person to anwer this, but I know some babies get red marks from back elastic. Also, back elastic can sometimes cause "bubble butt". On the other hand, no back elastic might allow explosive poops to leak out. Although, I don't see that heppening with these - they lay nice and flat across her back.
#14 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Well, Dallin wore it for 2 hours with no wicking (and it hasn't even been washed yet!) It held poo in just great! Absobancy is very good- Dallin is a medium wetter- and it had more "absorbancy" left before I think it would have leaked, but he pooped in it! What is it about new diapers??? Anywho, I ordered another one, because I REALLY love it!

ETA: These are as trim as a disposable, and very soft inside. The inside is absorbant diaper flannel and I really like it. The workmomship is incredible, her shipping time is amazing. All around I am VERY happy with this diaper!
The lack of back elastic makes for a nice flat fit on the bum. Awesome awesome awesome!
#15 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 09:16 PM

Love the look of that diaper (your little guy's a great model.. ) Do you have a link to order from? *hehe* I'm asking for diapers for Christmas.. *ROFL*
#16 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 09:16 PM

My daughter has nothing but explosive poops. It is rare for the poop not to go up and out the top of her diaper (she wears Huggies or Pampers right now)...so I'm pretty used to dealing with that mess anyway. And she gets red marks soooo easily I'm thinking that no back elastic just might be the way to go for us. I hate seeing little red marks on her.

todzwife...you just about have me sold on these! I'm thinking that these may be the cloth dipes for us!! Oh...and has anyone used her wipes? I have been wanting to start using cloth wipes also but just haven't decided what kind to get...then I saw she has some Nascar wipes. Not a big fan of Nascar but I'm thinking that may be the way to get the hubby excited about using them!
#17 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 09:18 PM

BTW, Dallin is an absolute doll!! (In my excitement over this diaper I failed to mention that above )
#18 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazbot
Love the look of that diaper (your little guy's a great model.. ) Do you have a link to order from? *hehe* I'm asking for diapers for Christmas.. *ROFL*
www.bum-ware.com

She has free shipping right now!
#19 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 09:44 PM

Thanks so much!! Gonna hafta check into these for sure.
#20 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 10:08 PM

I have to agree, these are super dipes. I am trying to decide if I can afford a few more while shipping is free. And looks like you picked the same color I did.
#21 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 10:09 PM

I am reading here and I am wondering how flannel can be absorbant. IMO, flannel is about as light on the absorbancy side as you can buy. Am I missing something here?
#22 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 10:11 PM

Quote:
I am reading here and I am wondering how flannel can be absorbant. IMO, flannel is about as light on the absorbancy side as you can buy. Am I missing something here?
When I CD'd my son I used Kushies flannel prefolds. They were absorbant enough, trim, and stayed really soft over time.
#23 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 10:13 PM

I've been putting off trying one but this post has convinced me.
#24 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 10:40 PM

We got our BumWare a few days ago and I really like it. I got a toddler size for Sara and it is a tad big on her but not so much that she can't wear it. She's 28lbs with a 21" waist and 13" thighs so I don't think the infant would fit her at all. I was concerned about the absorbancy as well, when I opened the package it didn't feel like there was anything to it. But Sara has worn it a couple of times with no problem, but she's my light wetter. I really, really want to try one for Jack but he is a very heavy wetter and I know that the flannel would not be enough for him. I wish there was an option to make the internal soaker hemp.
#25 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 10:41 PM

that's funny b/c i was thinking myself about buying another one b/c i love this diaper. i have all these great combos and some great AIOs now but this diaper is trim, functional and easy to use!! i wish i had ordered a doubler too. i bought it off ebay. i think she auctions to introduce mom's to her dipes. i paid a really great price for it. i think less than $10. when i saw it i didnt think that much of it b/c i was into fancy but it is a workhorse and i reach for it again and again when i want to be sure of no wicking or leaking!! or i need it to go under trim clothes. btw, i did notice last time i was at kittybids there was 2 auctions for her diapers as well. yup.

http://kittybids.com/cgi/search.pl?a...query=bum-ware

anyway, i told myself i really didnt need anymore diapers but i would recommend them to other mommas. the diaper by itself probably does need a doubler but my dtr who is a pretty heavy wetter wore it quite often without one with no leaks ever.
#26 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 10:59 PM
Banned

I just got two more today in the mail: the quick-dry variety. I am really thrilled with the contour shape of the soaker; so much trimmer and easier than the darn trifold style.
#27 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 11:00 PM

Quote:
You can ask for a hemp soaker! It's a little extra, but if you're worried about absorbancy it's an option.

We got a hemp one couple of days ago. I bought the toddler size for Josh and it's too big on him. So, I ordered an infant size today! I can't wait to get it. She has new PUL colors too! It's a very well made dipe and I can see how it would be uber trim once he grows into it. :LOL
#28 of 31 Old 11-19-2004, 11:19 PM

Yep she now does snaps, and a quick dry with a hemp soaker if you want. It does cost a little more though. I really like the two I have, but I think I would go quick dry next time. (take forever to dry with the internal soaker) and I would ask her about doing hemp cause ds is a heavy wetter. These do really well so far, but I worry that one of his super soakings might be too much for them.
#29 of 31 Old 11-20-2004, 12:10 AM

Oh man! That is an awesome looking diaper! I swear, if there is one more thread about these I am going to tumble right off the wagon.
He is just a doll too. My 10 month old dd was fallin' in love with those pictures, trying to drool on the monitor.
#30 of 31 Old 11-20-2004, 01:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That looks great! I just got my first Bum-Ware AIO today, too - in what looks like the same color! I love the color and it is very soft! (And the next-day shipping was pretty awesome!) I haven't gotten to test it on my babe 'cause I ordered it a bit big (he'll grow!), but I'm looking forward to trying it!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page