How many dipes do YOU change at night? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 11-29-2004, 01:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I also changed DD after nursing her every few hrs the first couple of months... Now shes only waking up kind of- looking to nurse so I feed her and put her right back to sleep. So we get her in the "night time" diaper around 8 or9 and then she stays in it till about 8 am. The diaper is always soaked but her clothes are always dry!! We use a nightlight and a cheap nylon cover

Shelly, Mom to Sophia 5 Nicholas 3 & 2 Angels
Its a GIRL! Alyssa Ann 6/29/10 7lbs 5 oz
#32 of 47 Old 11-29-2004, 03:06 AM

At 13 months, DS is still waking up twice to eat every night and I change him the first time. He goes down at about 7p.m. and wakes up at about 11:30. I change and feed; then he wakes up again between 3 and 4:30 a.m. so I check and change if he's soaked; if he's just wet I leave it till he wakes up for the morning at 6:30.
#33 of 47 Old 11-29-2004, 06:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow. Well, we've found that a super stuffed FB (which means two stuffers at this point) will keep his bum and the bed dry until morning. So, unless it's not snapped right, or he falls asleep in a different diaper, I don't change him until we're up for the day, and we're all better for it. He also doesn't poop at night, so we don't have to worry about that. I just remember trying to change my older son (in sposies) during the night, and ugh - I was so sleep deprived back then, I've been very glad to find a solution that works for all of us!

I did use a hemp Mutt with a fleece topped doubler and a wool RumpWrap a few nights ago and it worked really well, too.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#34 of 47 Old 11-29-2004, 10:19 AM

I don't chnage at night, we use fuzzi bunz with hemp stuffing!
We go to bed between 9-10 and get up between 8-9
she doens't sleep through but we co-sleep and she nurses and barely wakes up to do so an If i were to get up and chnage her she screams bloody murder. sometime if she's had an especialy wet night when daddy gets up at 6 he'll chnage he if she's leaking, which usualy only happens when she is on her side.
#35 of 47 Old 11-29-2004, 11:07 AM

So I'm thinking I need to get some Fuzzi Bunz again!
Luke is in sposies at night because I can't find anything else to hold him all night long - he sleeps for 8-12 hours too, and on his tummy, and compression wicking happens. Timmy sleeps in a hemp Muttaqin and wool soaker, and we often get leaks. I've started limiting his liquids in the evening as a last resort.
#36 of 47 Old 11-29-2004, 11:49 AM
Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackray
Haley (1) sleeps in a nightlight packed with a infant hemparoo. I don't change/see her till morning. And she sleeps from 8pm to 9-10 am.
Wow, thats a lot of sleeping! (said with respect and some jealousy ) I've never had a child of any age sleep that long.
#37 of 47 Old 11-29-2004, 12:27 PM

I don't change either of my 2 in diapers at night. Both wear Nightlights with heavy wetter inserts (an extra hemp doubler added too for Jack) and some sort of wool cover (soaker, longies, etc). Sara sleeps from 6pm to 7am and her Nightlight is barely wet most mornings and Jack sleeps from 8pm to 7am and his is usually pretty wet but I like that the Nightlights are fleece lined so at least he feels dry.
#38 of 47 Old 11-29-2004, 12:40 PM

If you want wool at night, you might try a bumpy wool.

When they stopped pooping through the night, I stopped changing (so, unless there is poop--which is rare at night now--I don't change till morning). My guys wear a hemp muttaqin with a fuzzi bunz microfiber insert (just so they don't pee throught the hemp in one great gush), a gerber ez liner so they feel dry, and a bumpy wool. I love the wool for the breathability--we use wool all the time--but the bumpy at night because it never leaks. My guys go at least 12 hours at night in one dipe (6:30-7 usually)--and it is usually soaked through for my heavy wetter no matter what I've added to it (we've had a wool liner, two soakers, etc--still soaked through by morning)--yet no leaks--the bumpy is great. We started in sposies and had leaks often with my heavy wetter (he is beyond heavy)--but only the first night in a bumpy cause I didn't put it on right!

Rachelle, mommy to 8 year old boys! 

My Blog-free homeschooling finds and my lesson plans and link to the new User Agreement

#39 of 47 Old 11-29-2004, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAmma
I stopped changing both my babies at night when they stopped pooping at night. My sleep is worth more than that.

Darshani
That's what I did too. Around 2 or 3 months or so. We used hemp fitteds with wool covers (Crystal's Cloth ) for quite a while, but now she wets less at night so most of the time we just use a solid HH with 2 hemp duz-it-all inserts.
#40 of 47 Old 11-29-2004, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
I also stopped changing ds at night when he stopped pooping at night - prolly 4 months or so. I am pretty sure he holds the pee until the morning, b/c if he is really awake in the middle of the night (like last night), and I change him, it is still dry.

We use one of two nightime CD systems: a FB with 2 hemp inserts, or a prefitted CPF with a hemp doubler and a Bummis SWW. The FB is nicer b/c it keeps him feeling dry.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#41 of 47 Old 11-29-2004, 01:09 PM

I also wanted to add that I've never been much of a night changer unless the kids are up. Luke got changed at night when he was up at night, and for a while I had to change Timmy when we went to bed b/c he was already soaked. He holds it til he wakes up, now. But now that they both sleep 11-12 hours at night, I'm going to enjoy it and not get up either

We are not co-sleepers, either, my kids sleep better on their own (honestly, I've tried it). So a diaper change would require me or DH to fully wake up in the middle of the night, get out and change babies...don't see that happening. But I have great respect for those of you who are doing all these middle of the night changes!
#42 of 47 Old 11-29-2004, 03:39 PM

My ds pooped regularly at night until he was about 4 months old and by 8 months had stopped peeing at night. I have actually gone coverless overnight before. Between 4 and 8 months I mostly used sposies and only changed on the rare occassions it seemed to be keeping ds up.
#43 of 47 Old 11-29-2004, 03:43 PM

I change about 11-12pm when I go to bed and then again about 5:30 when I get up. Anna is definately really wet, but she is sleeping so soundly, I don't think it is uncomfortable for her. I haven't had any major rashes yet. If I get up at night to go to the bathroom or something, I will check her, but won't get up special to change her.
Stacey
#44 of 47 Old 11-29-2004, 04:12 PM

[QUOTE=stayathomecristi]: I'm using sposies at night because I haven't been able to find anything that works for us cloth-wise for overnight.

...me too, funny thing is that I will put in a fleece liner in the sposie.
#45 of 47 Old 11-29-2004, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Sounds like Nightlights and wool covers or soakers (not sure if wool covers and soakers are the same thing or different) might be worthwhile for us to try. Although I doubt I'll find a Nightlight anywhere...seems like they are the Snuffaluffagus's of cloth diapers. Maya also leaks more often when she's lying on her side, even with two hemp babykicks inside her fb.
Anyway, thanks for all of your help!! Much appreciated!
#46 of 47 Old 11-29-2004, 05:07 PM
Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellaluna
Sounds like Nightlights and wool covers or soakers (not sure if wool covers and soakers are the same thing or different) might be worthwhile for us to try. Although I doubt I'll find a Nightlight anywhere...seems like they are the Snuffaluffagus's of cloth diapers. Maya also leaks more often when she's lying on her side, even with two hemp babykicks inside her fb.
Anyway, thanks for all of your help!! Much appreciated!
Soakers and covers are different. One is knit or crocheted (hand or machine), the other is "material" (sewn). We can use a cloud cover (picklepants) or an aristocrat soaker at night. But the other hand-knit soakers we have (by very nice Mamas, although not hyena-level) would never work at night. Generally its an aristocrat or bumpy wool at night for us, but we've successfully used bbh, SPs, sugarbums pants (2layer felted jersey).

If you can get a fm nightlight...they definitely revolutionized our night times.
#47 of 47 Old 11-29-2004, 05:49 PM

We usually don't have to change dd's diaper at all during the night. We use Fuzzi Bunz and we change her right before we put her down to sleep. We use either one hemp or cloth insert with two hemp doublers. My family calls them "triplers". Sometimes I'm up at around 4 or 5 in the morning and I'll change her then (with one regular insert and one doubler) just to keep her extra dry. If not, she'll still usually make it all the way till 7 or 8 in the morning before she starts to get squirmy. Never have had one diaper rash either

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page