When traveling for over a week... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-29-2004, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have a LONG trip coming up at the end of Dec...It will be something like this:
Saturday- 8 Hour Car trip to IL's
Sunday-Church and pack for...
Monday: 3 hour Car trip to Phoenix area
Tuesday: Visiting All sorts of people
Wednesday:3 hour trip back
Thursday-Friday- Normal days w/ the IL's
Saturday-Christmas
Sunday-Church
Monday-normal Day
Tuesday-8 hours back home

So, as you can see it is a LOT of time in the car, and a few days in the phoenix area where we aren't sure where we are staying yet...

What would you do? If I use cloth the whole time I don't know when I could wash them between Saturday and Wednesday (we don't do laundry on Sundays) And DH isn't keen on bringing a bag of dirties back with us on Wednesday... So I am thinking I may have to use sposies Saturday-Tuesday and put him in cloth then...any suggestions???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2004, 08:24 PM

Well with Ryan sposies are not an option as he will bleed from them. but if you could get the bleach free ones or ones with no gel........ I did a week long camping trip with prefolds and rinsed them in a bucket until they could be washed..... good luck
Old 11-29-2004, 08:30 PM

I just used sposies during a four day trip. I don't have enough diapers to go four days without washing and couldn't imagine the smell of four days worth of diapers in the car with us for 8 hours... I really didn't like using the sposies, but it was a great reminder of why I love cloth so much!
Old 11-29-2004, 08:31 PM

Honestly I'd use disposibles for week, in fact I did, we just got back from a week long vacation. It felt weird to use them, but I wasn't going to wash dipes in the shower (sorry I know some people do but that's not me), the hotel did have a washer to the tune of 5 dollars a load, yes 5 bucks, it only had cold and only one wash cycle, there was no way that would have worked.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
Old 11-29-2004, 08:57 PM

We're going on a long trip in January (and a shorter one in a week) and will be still using cloth and have worked it out to stay at hotels with laundry facilities available.

Disposibles just aren't an option for us.

If you want to do cloth there are all sorts of ways. Some will do flats that can easily be washed and dried any where.

It looks like it may be possible for you to have several days in the time you've outlined where you could wash?
Old 11-29-2004, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clothcrazymom
We're going on a long trip in January (and a shorter one in a week) and will be still using cloth and have worked it out to stay at hotels with laundry facilities available.

Disposibles just aren't an option for us.

If you want to do cloth there are all sorts of ways. Some will do flats that can easily be washed and dried any where.

It looks like it may be possible for you to have several days in the time you've outlined where you could wash?
My main concern is the period between Saturday when we leave and Wednesday when we return to the IL's...MIL is great about us washing there (we use flushable liners to help minimize the mess) but Since Sunday is the only day we have there before we leave for PHX, and MIL/FIL don't wash on Sundays, I would have stinkies from Saturday&Sunday sitting there till Wednesday...
Old 11-29-2004, 09:52 PM

If you wash when you arrive on Saturday and then when you get back on Wednesday you just have 3 days of not washing Where are you staying on Monday and Tuesday? Wouldn't it be possible to also do laundry then?

You have to do whatever works for you guys. Since using disposibles is just not an option for me, I have to make it work out to use cloth.

User Tag List