Mothering Forum banner

*sniff* Our el bee stash is getting too tight.... *my official whine thread*

2K views 60 replies 27 participants last post by  JohnnysGirl 
#1 ·
....and I can't find anything I like as much to replace them!

I love using fitteds & wool, but I can't find any replacement fitteds for these medium el bees we just got 3 months ago that are already on the last snaps and a little too snug for comfort.
I have a few on ebay right now to fund new diapers and I'm so sad and I don't even know what to buy!
The only fitteds that fit nicely are FCB2s, KHW med, and medium fuzbabys. (I have 8 diapers total in those brands, so not enough) It's not like I can just order up some of those.
I've been getting new diapers in the mail and none of them will fit properly under covers, or they are too small also!
I'm terrible at guesstimating what will work (size, brand, style) over the internet and then pouring a bunch of money into them and when they arrive.....
It's just disappointing. I know that VB AIOs work great, fit great, etc....and I have 8 on the way from Sunshine to add to my stash of 2 at the moment, so I could just start using those for more than just outings.... but gosh darnit I can't just let my kiwis sit there! I need fitteds to go under them! Or my pipsqueak prefolds to finally arrive that I am starting to really wonder about.

My glimmer of hope is my VK custom order that I am trying to patiently await, that will be all in OV!
I'm bound and determine to adore those diapers because I am running out of options for a stash of fitteds!

See less See more
#7 ·
Organic velour.

nothing in large at Luxe, and the medium is girly.

I'd totally buy very babys, but I'm still waiting for that store to open back up again so Jess's grandmother can sew me some!
As for fussybutt--we tried a med, and he outgrew it right away, so I'm getting a custom large one from her at some point when she crawls to my spot on the custom list. I would ask for more than 1 but they are a little expensive at 25 dollars each, ....and the snaps aren't hidden which I have a hard time getting over, as my son naps on his side (and his naps aren't the most predictible) and it leaves marks.

I can't order a bunch of Mudpies either, if I love the fitted, so that was kind of a fun one-off.

Goshdarnit this is hard! Any other suggestions, ladies?

#11 ·
I wish large el bees fit!
They're too huge on him! I have a custom order for a replacement stash but I know it will be months before I get those since I'm waiting for OV, and I'm thinking about ordering medium long and praying that they fit right. But I need something NOW, kwim?

Am I annoying anyone yet?
:

#15 ·
You're not annoying me you're SCARING me!!!

I just got my custom order of Size 2 FCBs and I'm so scared of the day they are too small! And I also think of all the med FMBG I have from stalking her shop and I'm dreading the day they don't fit and I have to start all over again
rs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.