8 year old diaper? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-02-2004, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A friend of mine asked me yesterday if I have any advice for her 8 year old. He wears a huggies/??? at night, but the sposie is not heavy duty enough for all night wear and he ends up getting wet. She asked me if she can put a wool cover on top (she knows I use wool with dd#2) or if there is something else she can do. She does not want to wake up her son to change her in the middle of the night (otherwise he gets very cranky). Any ideas?
#2 of 10 Old 12-02-2004, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't know if this will be absorbent enough, but I know Bumkins makes a youth-size AIO that goes up to 60 lbs...

But when I was 8 and had accidents, I would just put a towel down. Your friend could probably stop buying diapers and just keep a stack of towels by the bed and tell her son to put down a fresh one if he wakes up wet.
#3 of 10 Old 12-02-2004, 09:54 PM

I post on a mainstream birthday club forum and I just reccomended wool pants to a mom whose 6 month old was peeing through sposies at night. Wool pants would be more like pj's which the 8 year-old may like better.
#4 of 10 Old 12-02-2004, 10:36 PM

Yep, wool pants or even just a custom-knitted soaker oughta do it. Pants would be nicer, obviously, but I'm thinking they'll be big bucks if they're to fit an 8 year old. OR if they could get fleece pants, I don't know how big Old Navy makes performance fleece pants but they'd help too, I think.
#5 of 10 Old 12-02-2004, 11:00 PM

There are XXL Fuzzi Bunz.... but the only weight range I can find it 40 lbs + ... I don't even see the sizing on the FB site... but I see them at Natural Babies.

They might work... depending on the build of the 8-year-old... and if the FB did work that could be a great option as far as customizing stuffing is concerned... and if that even didn't hold it all in wool pants over the top could be a great thing

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls and now a rainbow1284.gif BOY!!! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) angel3.gif .

#6 of 10 Old 12-02-2004, 11:04 PM

someone here knows of a site that has boys boxers godd for older bed wetters.... i'll see if i have it book marked
#7 of 10 Old 12-02-2004, 11:08 PM

#8 of 10 Old 12-02-2004, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks mamas. The drymids look good, and I'll tell my friend about the options too.
#9 of 10 Old 12-03-2004, 12:01 AM

I don't have a child that old, so I'm no expert, but I would think she would need to be doing something other than just putting the kid in a diaper. Maybe see a doctor for advice? Put down a mattress pad to protect the bed and then start to work on the problem, IMO, not just cover it up, ya know? I seem to remember hearing of some prescription that was to help bed wetters? Something to do with them not being able to control the bladder or rouse from a deep sleep to go to the bathroom and it usually has either a psychological or medical answer to the problem.

Just my 2 cents.

Annette, married to DH for 12 years, SAH Homeschooling mommy to Aden 1/15/04, Jake 6/21/05, & Shelby 3/9/09
#10 of 10 Old 12-03-2004, 12:23 AM

There are medicines that help with bedwetting but even when taken every night they don't always help. They did help some, but he would still wet at least a couple nights a week. I guess that is better than every night.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page