Old Hyena Rollcall - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 206 Old 12-05-2004, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I miss Sandra too!!! Where is everyone??!! :LOL I was so bad I had like 3 or 4 fuz gardens, and realized how much I spent on all the stuff sold it all in a craze...I wish, wish, wish I would have kept my covers though. They fit Sam perfect, and I bet they would still fit!!

The board used to be so different.

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#62 of 206 Old 12-05-2004, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averymybaby
I've only seen them on ebay and heard of them here. What exactly is a Mollytog?
They were just really nice side snapping fitteds. Sort of similar to a Cloud 9 Softie, but with more/tighter elastic. Here's a picture of my first in one. She hasn't worn a diaper in two years. :LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamoo
I miss Sandra too!!! Where is everyone??!! :LOL I was so bad I had like 3 or 4 fuz gardens, and realized how much I spent on all the stuff sold it all in a craze...I wish, wish, wish I would have kept my covers though. They fit Sam perfect, and I bet they would still fit!!

The board used to be so different.
Hee hee, I think I bought your turnip and egg covers. If I still had them I'd sell them back to you. DD shrank out of the mediums back into small fuz so I sold them.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#63 of 206 Old 12-05-2004, 04:26 PM

I miss Pam Campingmama and I remember Sandra not being on because of morning sickness issues and she never came back.

I remember buying Happy Heiny's from Linda before she did wholesale.

And I remember when Dreamingmama was the ultimate hyena
#64 of 206 Old 12-05-2004, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSugarKane
I remember buying Happy Heiny's from Linda before she did wholesale.
Yup, and before the laminated fabrics.
#65 of 206 Old 12-05-2004, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtokay
Hee hee, I think I bought your turnip and egg covers. If I still had them I'd sell them back to you. DD shrank out of the mediums back into small fuz so I sold them.
Ah...you did!! :LOL Oh well...I wouldn't be able to buy them back now anyway. :LOL They really do have a huge range of fit, don't they?!

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#66 of 206 Old 12-05-2004, 04:34 PM

Ah, the good old days. I remember Heather was our queen poster! And SandraDee. And remember "Sue"? :LOL And the excitement when a new diaper garden was posted. And trying to guess what the next garden would be (manure?). And stalking SugarPeas back before they were wholesale. AH, good times.
#67 of 206 Old 12-05-2004, 04:37 PM

SUE! I forgot about "Sue"! Ah, those were the days (/me rocking serenely in her rocking chair).
#68 of 206 Old 12-05-2004, 04:43 PM

: OMG I am laughing so hard.Sue was awesome entertainment.

Another one of my favorite memories was the corsetted Cuddlebuns diapers :LOL
#69 of 206 Old 12-05-2004, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six
Yup, and before the laminated fabrics.
I still have a few of the old school narrow crotch ones.Love my old HH's.
#70 of 206 Old 12-06-2004, 10:56 AM

I never got hyena stuff really .. but I think it's funny the whole cycle of the WAHM world. When I started my biz in the summer of 2001, I had customers .. and most of those customers are now WAHM's themselves. LOL
BTW, I have tried most of the things out there but I actually have a very simple system now .. Cloud 9 fitteds with either Hunnybuns or Bummis nylon covers!!!
#71 of 206 Old 12-06-2004, 11:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Too funny, Lori! I wasn't a hyena per se, but wanted hyena stuff and got a few things used, but was never much of a stalker.

I too have mostly fitteds and use nylon pull up covers! LOL! Or pockets, but that's about it. I've given away all my wool except a couple Aristocrats and my favorite soakers that were gifts. Oh, I use prefolds and bummi wraps a lot too. Not much of a hyena anymore, huh?

OT, but what happened to sunburstdiapers?
#72 of 206 Old 12-06-2004, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

OMG!!!! I forgot about SUE!!!!!! :
I am so glad you all are coming out of hiding, I miss you all!!!!!

Shelly- www.hyenacart.com/tyedyedreams 12 years and going strong Bleed free prefolds, flats and clothes
#73 of 206 Old 12-06-2004, 11:32 AM

Ugh, well I'm keeping the biz cuz I want to do something with it some day .. I have so many cool ideas that I'm going to eventually want to get out there
But right now I have sooo much going on irl .. going through the divorce, working part time, learning a new skill so I can make more money eventually, selling the house, looking for a new one, doing homework with my 2 older kids each night, cleaning up after my 2 younger kids all day .. ugh! My plate is rather full right now LOL
But I sorely miss sewing and my machines are all still set up, waiting for me to have time for them again one day
#74 of 206 Old 12-06-2004, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

(((((((Lori))))))))) I am so sorry!!!!
I hope things get better for you

Shelly- www.hyenacart.com/tyedyedreams 12 years and going strong Bleed free prefolds, flats and clothes
#75 of 206 Old 12-06-2004, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriG
Ugh, well I'm keeping the biz cuz I want to do something with it some day .. I have so many cool ideas that I'm going to eventually want to get out there (
I'm so sorry! How sad...

Shelly, do you mean plastic pants- sue? Ugh. How could anyone forget 'her'. Ew. "She' sent me cash (canadian$) for some gerber rubber pants I was trying to give away before I knew who 'she' was. Yuck!
#76 of 206 Old 12-06-2004, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Yes Sue!!!! The "can I see this on a toddler" mrs plastic pants LOL

#77 of 206 Old 12-06-2004, 12:02 PM

oh, I remember the hysterical threads on guessing the next diaper garden! Manure, LOL!! I miss Heather too, I wanna see new pics of Kenny (gosh, he's got to be what, 2 now?!??!)

I remember when no one was making soakers but me and I had dozen and dozens of pleading emails every day begging for custom slots, LOL! And the crazy friday SOS stalkings and everyone getting all worked up over whether or not it was fair to announce stockings (stalkings, LOL?!) here on the forums.

And before that, even before I was here on MDC, I remember Jody Mack's Honeyboys and everyone on amity's just wondering who in the world was crazy enough to be paying that much for a diaper.

And oh, molly togs! I had a dozen for my first almost 6 years ago, and I just had to retire the last one, made it thorugh three boys. Sigh, that was a sad, sad day. and the original poochies, back when jennifer made them? I loved those danged diapers! I remember when stacinator started, heck, I remember when fuzziBunz started, LOL!!

now I look around the forums and nevre see anyone I recognize, and have no clue what the diapers the new mamas are talking about. The golden age of hyena-dom is over, me thinks.
#78 of 206 Old 12-06-2004, 12:34 PM

Hey all!

I'm still around, just mostly a lurker these days. I remember the good ole days LOL. I was friends with Jess from the OSDS before she started her biz, I remember the day she opened. I hardly talk to her anymore! WAH!!!

I remember Heather Sanders used to send me the odd pm reminding me about posting guidelines and I thought she had a total hate on for me : Miss her too.

Hi Heather! Hi Jess!

Yeah those early hyena days were crrrrrazy! I never bought a damn thing, because I sewed my own for dd, but I did watch with interest (and not just a little incredulity! rofl!). I remember MY soakers going for only $15 while a HoneyBoy went for $150+. I thought "OK, what she doing right?" :LOL

I remember that infamous thread, all fifty million pages of it, where the ladies were getting nastay over the SP. One poor mama had 2 dozen and was getting flamed by the rest who had one or none at all...and the hyena was born I was sharing the thread with my DH, we were just amazed that a product such as a diaper could inspire such lust I think that's why so many mamas are becoming diaper wahms these days, they create their own dipes or soakers because they had a difficult time getting their hands on coveted hyena stuff, and think, "gee! I could sell these, they're pretty good...". And the demand was certainly there. Look at all the terrific new stuff that's come out in just the last year! The market is becoming saturated for sure. So many talented mamas, so many great products! I tell ya, it's going to be fuuuuun setting up a stash for my next!

It is a little shocking to see RB, SOS and FUZ OF ALL THINGS sitting instock!
#79 of 206 Old 12-06-2004, 06:53 PM

babe across lap

I need to uplaod my babe in my first fluff I ever got--fuz strawberry w/ seeds. I'm frantically trying to keep my 10lb chunky thighed girl in dipes! :
She'll easily fit in a SOS so I'll be there to get one!

eta: Julie!!!! miss Heather too. I've wondered about Sandi...

this is all before I had a babe to cd. I hung out with the s when I was feeling stronger and looking towards cding after Jordan died and now I'm just getting started with Mikayla.
#80 of 206 Old 12-06-2004, 07:02 PM

I never really had the money to be a hyena, but I've been around since before the word hyena was used. :LOL

I remember Sue and SOS Friday stockings (I almost scored one once too) and I spent hours drooling over the Fuz Diaper Gardens but never had the money for one.

I haven't hung around here for a while and am now pregnant but am going to only use Fuzzi Bunz with this baby. : I got so sick and tired of wool and washing it and lanolizing it. Don't hurt me please! All my Sugarpeas hemp fitteds elastic gave out and I just feel like going the easy route. I never have to stalk Fuzzi Bunz.
#81 of 206 Old 12-06-2004, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

GLITTERBEAM!!!!!!!
I am so glad everyone is here. I miss heather too!
And sarah.....we use FB and prefolds now :LOL :

#82 of 206 Old 12-06-2004, 07:33 PM

Hey, where is Thundersweet?
#83 of 206 Old 12-06-2004, 07:33 PM

I'm here! Been here for awhile!

I remember when wool soakers were the new thing, and when wool was just starting to be really big. I remember when RB first opened. I had a tester from her (wool shell set and a fleece shell set), and thought they were so cool! I also remember when SOS were super hard to get. And when KHW was new and open for orders all the time. And when PWP opened. And when everyone used to go crazy trying to get Fuz diaper gardens and you were really cool if you had a reservation. Heck, I remember when you could just go over to the Fuz site and order fitteds at any time. I contemplated a refuz set for so long, man I'm kicking myself for not going for it!

Well, that was a fun trip down memory lane! :LOL
#84 of 206 Old 12-06-2004, 07:40 PM

Quote:
: OMG I am laughing so hard.Sue was awesome entertainment.

Another one of my favorite memories was the corsetted Cuddlebuns diapers :LOL

:LOL I forgot about Sue. I actually pm'd with trishack about her, er him. :LOL We had both received similar emails from him from eBay asking if we had plastic pants, or something along those lines.

And Jamie, I also remember when PWP had their grand opening, she stocked kind of late at night, and I remember you and I both liking the space knit fitted. lol.
#85 of 206 Old 12-07-2004, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindmomma
GLITTERBEAM!!!!!!!
I am so glad everyone is here. I miss heather too!
And sarah.....we use FB and prefolds now :LOL :

Someone remembered me! You made my day.

I feel better about my FB choice too now. :LOL
#86 of 206 Old 12-07-2004, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj'smommy
I'm here too!

I remember for one RB stocking there were 104 people on line and I managed to snag a fitted! I was so excited!! I also remember getting up at 3:00 am to snag FMBG.
::sigh:: I still stock at 2 am LOL

Terri, sewing mama to 4 beautiful girls and the boy, Finn. We novaxnocirc.giffamilybed1.gifh20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gifsewmachine.gif since 1996!
#87 of 206 Old 12-07-2004, 03:01 PM

Quote:
I miss Pam Campingmama and I remember Sandra not being on because of morning sickness issues and she never came back.
Hi Jamie, my RB partner in crime

I stop by to lurk - I guess I'm in a diapering rut and trying to save money :
#88 of 206 Old 12-07-2004, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

pam!!!!

#89 of 206 Old 12-07-2004, 04:01 PM

You guys are so funny sitting around reminiscing about "the good old days!" :LOL

I am much newer than a lot of you, but I miss my wagon buddies!
#90 of 206 Old 12-07-2004, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindmomma
pam!!!!
Shelly!!

Hey, are you "old hyenas" still on chit chat? I miss that too

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page