Old Hyena Rollcall - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 206 Old 04-27-2005, 03:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well I'll be here in about a year or so looking for the "new generation" of hyenas :LOL I lurked here since 2003 but only really ran with the big dogs in the last couple of months. I'll be here in a couple years with potty trained kids reminiscing about stalking days. It's so much fun
#122 of 206 Old 04-27-2005, 03:15 PM

Chava! Congratulations!!! : I was in hyenachitchat the other day and there wasn't even diaperbutt Oh DB, where art thou?
#123 of 206 Old 04-27-2005, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightowl
Reviving this old thread because I miss y'all! I was wondering if hyena chat still existed and came here to search. Found this thread instead. Anyone remember me? It's been a long time since I've been here... I still have a bin of diapers and covers from my hyena days I need to sell but I'm having a hard time parting with them. How sad is that?

Dreaming Mama, from your sig line, it looks like you've moved from collecting diapers to collecting puppies. ;-)

Hugs,
I have a passion for Chihuahua's and cannot resist them. I have a local friend who is a breeder and she is showing me the ropes. That is it though or at least I think so. :LOL
#124 of 206 Old 04-27-2005, 04:33 PM

Hey mamas! I doubt anyone remembers me. I haven't even been around MDC in a month or so...we just moved and life is so crazy with four. LOL Congrats Chava!! WOW! I wish my hubby were open to more kiddos...but he says four is enough. :LOL I LOVE babies!! (ok and kids. lol)

So how *is* everyone???!!!

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#125 of 206 Old 04-27-2005, 05:12 PM

Oh wow! I recognize so many names in this thread! Anyone remember me? I now should be called Mommy&Will & Jack. lol.

I was so obsessed there for awhile. I remember Sandra Dee and always wondered what happened with her.

And Mamamoo, I remember you!

I never did get into hyena chat. Must've missed that thread. lol.

I remember being up with Will in the middle of the night one time at just the right time for a FMBG stocking. Oh, the rush.

And I bought my oatmeal cashmere kiwi pie after go back and forth to the Kiwi Pie web site for DAYS before finally deciding to buy it. lol! I still consider it one of my best purchases.

I still come and play on this board, but not like I use to. And a lot less obsessing going on here, too.
#126 of 206 Old 04-27-2005, 05:19 PM

Chava! Congratulations!!!!!

Letia! Congratulations to you too!!!!

So much wonderful news that I'm glad I stopped by to hear it. I don't remember how to put all the little animated smilies in my post, or I'd add a few. ;-)

Mamamoo, of course I remember you! Jade is just now fitting in the two little Hanna jumpers I got from you over a year ago. I think of you every time she wears them.

And I'd love a Hyena chat reunion!!!
#127 of 206 Old 04-27-2005, 06:58 PM

odd chat is mentioned. I've popped in a few times in the past few weeks to find an empty room
#128 of 206 Old 04-27-2005, 08:20 PM

The good old days!

I miss chat too.

I had a bunch of Fuz Diaper Gardens and then sold them all. :LOL I decided to simplify. I found out I LOVE prefolds! boy:

Mamamoo and Monica!

Monica, I remember learning to knit with you and Chrissy and our first stab at the LTK Longies!

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#129 of 206 Old 04-27-2005, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora
Monica, I remember learning to knit with you and Chrissy and our first stab at the LTK Longies!

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#130 of 206 Old 04-27-2005, 08:46 PM

Wow so many memories. I remember you mamamoo!
Chava-Congrats! I'm so happy for you.

My Sophie is using the potty. She'll be 3 next week and we are STILL trying to have another baby. I'm on clomid now so hopefully I'll be back here buying diapers soon. I still check in to see what the latest and greatest wahm diapers are.
#131 of 206 Old 04-27-2005, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#132 of 206 Old 04-27-2005, 09:11 PM

Wow! I just asked Terri the other day what happened to chat. I miss the old hyena days. And chat. If there is a chat reunion would someone please PM me?

Hi Shelly, Chava, Lisa, Kathleen! (And anyone else I forgot. The list was long.)
#133 of 206 Old 04-28-2005, 04:44 PM

I had to reply, , I remember most of the names. FMBG, SOS were what I stalked, I did have a variely of diapers. When FM & Kiwi Pie started I wasnt interested LOL. I still have most of my diapers, but DD is PT almost all the way now.
Midnightowl & ChiknGirl- I remember you both & think I may have sold you somethings? I know I sold Chik some FMBG.
Ironically I now have cable & can post & stalk but no baby to diaper.

Not sure if we will have another.
#134 of 206 Old 04-28-2005, 04:56 PM

: The term Old Hyena just conjures up an unpleasant imagine in my mind. I remember when someone's husband (right?) came up with the term Hyena.

I remember people stalking Sugar Peas when carrie sewed all of her dipes herself.

I was wondering if anyone still went to hyena chat. That was fun.

I remember when Fuzbaby actually put out Fuz Gardens (I still have that one reservation someone generously sold me...just waiting...)

I remember when Righteous Baby made the best cuddlebuns and took custom orders for her beautiful freehand embroidery (Anyone remember the portrait one she did of someone's little boy?)

I remember when Pam posted a photo of tiny Eli in one of her first knit soakers.

Okay, I guess I'm an old hyena...just haven't been around in a while. New tiny tush coming though!
#135 of 206 Old 04-28-2005, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlfactory
::sigh:: I still stock at 2 am LOL
:LOL Or else Melanie wouldn't ever have any FMBG! I'll bet signing off my PC for the night and see Terri stocked.
#136 of 206 Old 04-28-2005, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca
I actually had to bribe a couple hyenas on here 2 years ago to stalk SOS and get me a dipe, and I'd pay them full price with shipping AND send them a diaper or two of mine! :LOL
That was me!! I still love your pocket diapers the best. The only pockets we kept for the next baby.

Yes, where IS Heather?

I think I joined after that great Cloth Diapering article written by...shoot..mommy memory here...she used to be a Mod...owns(ed?) her own diapering e-store...sleepingbean - right?
#137 of 206 Old 04-28-2005, 05:08 PM

...I will still buy someone small or medium ICE STAR! I remember seeing them sitting there...thinking "Who would pay THAT for a diaper? I'm not buying one of those." :
#138 of 206 Old 04-28-2005, 05:13 PM

Heather's modding the RDA boards.

LaLa used to mod here.

gotta catch active 6 mo
#139 of 206 Old 04-28-2005, 05:35 PM

*sniff* I miss the old days too. Bret is potty learned... it was so easy! And sad WAH!!!! I am about ready to retire the diaper pail and put it out in the garage and replace it w/ a small pail for wipes only. Now I need to go through my stash and start selling some stuff

Why am I sad about this? It seems so silly...
#140 of 206 Old 04-28-2005, 06:19 PM

oh the momeories..... I never really had the money to be a hyena, but I've been around since before the word hyena was used. I remember punkinbutt & Heather & sugarpeas avacado covers.... Fuz baby's Ice Star....'SUE', the SOS, FMBG, and SP craze. And the Cuddlebuns were even big then.
I watched with awe at all you other 'old hyenas' andhow on earth/hy someone would pay 160.00 for a diaper! :LOL
Dreamingmama sold me a lil chip off her neverending stash (mostly MollyTogs & Sullybuns) for a whole 55 bucks! Since she needed mony for a custom order bill.
RB was huge, and Honeyboys, yes them too... I lurked for about a year before I was able to CD full time (thanks to kathleen)

And I have often wondered about WendyLouWho & Sandra Dee & I recognise so many of you!! muggins&doody & Momamonica, pb&j particulrly...... there are others of you I have thought of... Im so glad your all here though.... TOO COOL!

#141 of 206 Old 04-29-2005, 01:18 AM

What a great thread~

I have not been hanging out here since Grace was born & I was feeling nostalgic....sigh.

I was wondering if any of us "old timers" was still around! LOL. I am still buying dipes~just the basics though! Life is to nutty with 4 kids!
#142 of 206 Old 04-29-2005, 01:40 AM

Oh here I am too!!! I did my share of stalking other wahms' stores

Terri, sewing mama to 4 beautiful girls and the boy, Finn. We novaxnocirc.giffamilybed1.gifh20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gifsewmachine.gif since 1996!
#143 of 206 Old 04-29-2005, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiknGirl
Wow! I just asked Terri the other day what happened to chat. I miss the old hyena days. And chat. If there is a chat reunion would someone please PM me?

Hi Shelly, Chava, Lisa, Kathleen! (And anyone else I forgot. The list was long.)
Hi Em!!!

Terri, sewing mama to 4 beautiful girls and the boy, Finn. We novaxnocirc.giffamilybed1.gifh20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gifsewmachine.gif since 1996!
#144 of 206 Old 04-29-2005, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed2bamommie
LaLa used to mod here.
Thank you, yes, it was LaLa!
#145 of 206 Old 04-29-2005, 02:11 AM

Yep, LaLa & Heather..... er Heather MOD'd (is that a word?) Later right? I dunno....

But I also remember Trishshack with a diaper over her head! :
#146 of 206 Old 04-29-2005, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishmama

I'm still here! I mostly only use my own dipes and covers nowadays so no fluff to stalk and comment on here on this board. I knew I was out of the loop when I knew no wahms and couldn't even figure out what OV and OC were, duh. Ohhhh, I remember buying my first LTK-T held my hand thru the whole process. I remember when fb's were the shizzle. I came onto the scene when the honeyboys were taking off and I couldn't believe someone would pay so much for fleece. I missed out on the mollytog stuff but remember those mourning them. I got sucked into all the diaper garden hoohah. FMBG was like the only aio's I'd own....goodness. I never did care for the sos dipes. : I remember when you could get multiple bbb's on ebay for like $20-$25 a pop. I remember waaaay back when HH's were the sandwich style on ebay for like $10. Those were my first wahm fluff. *sigh* :

THanks for starting this thread!! It is sooooooo good to "see" so many of you. I recognize a LOT of screen names here.
Julie I have wondered about you! I don't know if you remember, but it seemed like we were always chatting about newborn diapers last spring. We were due around the same time. And you had a Zachary, my oldest is named Zachary. Good to see you!
#147 of 206 Old 04-29-2005, 02:44 AM

ohh!! oh!!! & Knittin'intheshade was another I wondered about (arent you in CA also?)
#148 of 206 Old 04-29-2005, 09:03 AM

It's good to see the familiar names on this thread!

I've just traded in one addiction (diapers) for another (fabric) The turning point for me was when I sold all my diapers gardens and purchased a new $900 sewing machine. Holy moly...I loved those diaper gardens.
#149 of 206 Old 04-29-2005, 09:42 AM

Hi Wendy

Congrats on your sewing machine!

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
#150 of 206 Old 04-29-2005, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed2bamommie
Chav do you have enough dipes with the others that you don't need any fluff?
Nope - I sold off all my meds and smalls. So I'll be stalking for a NB stash.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page