Mothering Forum banner

Old Hyena Rollcall

9K views 205 replies 77 participants last post by  JodiM 
#1 ·
come out come out where ever you are...
<who misses her "old" friends.
Where art thou?
Remember the days when the friday SOS stocking gave us a reason to get out of bed, and FCB had weekly stockings?

Remember when there were only a handful of wool soakers to be had, and if you had one you were "ultimate hyena?"
:LOL
I miss my mommas, oh where oh where can you be?

#102 ·
I'm an old hyena, too. I think I was on this board before the term hyena was in use. I especially remember trishshack, Darshani, and Lori. I was a total Sugarpeas nut, and spent ever Friday clicking "refresh, refresh, refresh" at the SOS store!

When my DD got interested in potty-training, I stopped hanging out here as much, because it was too tempting! Now DD is 2.5, still working on potty-training, and I'm Ebaying my hard-won stash. Oh, it's so hard to part with my cute cute diapers!

It's good to see what you've all been up to!

Best,
Nichole
mom to Marlena born 04/02

#103 ·
I am so glad this thread is still alive

No one is ever in chat anymore

We should have an "hyena" reunion :LOL
Remember when this board was so funny you dare not drink and read?
I used to be so entertained........I miss it

#105 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kindmomma
I am so glad this thread is still alive

No one is ever in chat anymore

We should have an "hyena" reunion :LOL
Remember when this board was so funny you dare not drink and read?
I used to be so entertained........I miss it
I used to hang out in chat but I was always too
to say anything!

#108 ·
When I was just newly pregnant I started lurking here and I've always been more of a lurker. HOwever, seeing some of these "Old Hyenas" and the tales of hotly sought diapers of yore takes me back too. I remember my 1st diaper purchase was a a sugarpeas! I bought one diaper during a stocking and was so thrilled that I got one. It was beginners luck. I really have always more enjoyed watching the chase than participating in it. But, its nice to see some familar faces here

#110 ·
I haven't been able to keep my eyes open to check my email and see this thread.

Monica!
I remember you too! Thanks

I was wondering about chat....

The last topic was set by Chava, I saw.

So, it wasn't me, chat has died. I'm too busy shopping for dipes trying to keep up with the ones that I have to retire for Miss Nurse a Lot,
when I'm online

#112 ·
Reviving this old thread because I miss y'all! I was wondering if hyena chat still existed and came here to search. Found this thread instead. Anyone remember me? It's been a long time since I've been here... I still have a bin of diapers and covers from my hyena days I need to sell but I'm having a hard time parting with them. How sad is that?

Dreaming Mama, from your sig line, it looks like you've moved from collecting diapers to collecting puppies. ;-)

Hugs,

#116 ·

I'm still here! I mostly only use my own dipes and covers nowadays so no fluff to stalk and comment on here on this board. I knew I was out of the loop when I knew no wahms and couldn't even figure out what OV and OC were, duh. Ohhhh, I remember buying my first LTK-T held my hand thru the whole process. I remember when fb's were the shizzle. I came onto the scene when the honeyboys were taking off and I couldn't believe someone would pay so much for fleece. I missed out on the mollytog stuff but remember those mourning them. I got sucked into all the diaper garden hoohah. FMBG was like the only aio's I'd own....goodness. I never did care for the sos dipes.
: I remember when you could get multiple bbb's on ebay for like $20-$25 a pop. I remember waaaay back when HH's were the sandwich style on ebay for like $10. Those were my first wahm fluff. *sigh*
:

THanks for starting this thread!! It is sooooooo good to "see" so many of you. I recognize a LOT of screen names here.

#117 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by USAmma
Who could forget Sue?! :LOL

Remember that website someone found where they sold adult diapers, and I don't mean for incontinent people? They had adults with hairy chests modeling them.

Darshani

Don't forget me!!! *Runs after friends pretending to be a hyena*! I wasn't really a hyena, but maybe the fact that I earned over 5 or 600 posts in diapering alone qualifies me??

I also remember the SOS stockings, Terri
and the excitement of the Asian prints! I have to go back and read the middle couple of pages, but remember Sandra Dee? And where is WendyLouWho?

Good to see everyone

#118 ·
phishmama!
everyone. Sigh, remembering the good old days. I am so out of the loop now. Ds is out of dipes except I use a Firefly Sleeptight at night and I've given away a lot of fluff. I still have a basket in the closet until he is completely out of dipes (in case he decides he is going to pee in his pants again)

#120 ·
Yall remember funshine? Jess? She's back
and I thought Melaniee was here then too. I thought she was preggo. Chav do you have enough dipes with the others that you don't need any fluff?

Now, I *finally* get to use fluff and have been buying more since I actually need it. My dd is a weed! She's 6 mos today and she's not 18lbs. I need to measure her again. She *had* 11" thighs and a 15" rise w/ dipe on. We've been struggling to cover crack and have thigh room.

Friday is SOS day again. They girls are cleaning her out and of course when I had to try one after all the hype during the good old days. In OV and OC :LOL

Monica

#123 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnightowl
Reviving this old thread because I miss y'all! I was wondering if hyena chat still existed and came here to search. Found this thread instead. Anyone remember me? It's been a long time since I've been here... I still have a bin of diapers and covers from my hyena days I need to sell but I'm having a hard time parting with them. How sad is that?

Dreaming Mama, from your sig line, it looks like you've moved from collecting diapers to collecting puppies. ;-)

Hugs,
I have a passion for Chihuahua's and cannot resist them. I have a local friend who is a breeder and she is showing me the ropes. That is it though or at least I think so. :LOL

#124 ·
Hey mamas! I doubt anyone remembers me. I haven't even been around MDC in a month or so...we just moved and life is so crazy with four. LOL Congrats Chava!! WOW! I wish my hubby were open to more kiddos...but he says four is enough. :LOL I LOVE babies!! (ok and kids. lol)

So how *is* everyone???!!!

#125 ·
Oh wow! I recognize so many names in this thread! Anyone remember me? I now should be called Mommy&Will & Jack. lol.

I was so obsessed there for awhile. I remember Sandra Dee and always wondered what happened with her.

And Mamamoo, I remember you!

I never did get into hyena chat. Must've missed that thread. lol.

I remember being up with Will in the middle of the night one time at just the right time for a FMBG stocking. Oh, the rush.

And I bought my oatmeal cashmere kiwi pie after go back and forth to the Kiwi Pie web site for DAYS before finally deciding to buy it. lol! I still consider it one of my best purchases.

I still come and play on this board, but not like I use to. And a lot less obsessing going on here, too.

#126 ·
Chava! Congratulations!!!!!

Letia! Congratulations to you too!!!!

So much wonderful news that I'm glad I stopped by to hear it. I don't remember how to put all the little animated smilies in my post, or I'd add a few. ;-)

Mamamoo, of course I remember you! Jade is just now fitting in the two little Hanna jumpers I got from you over a year ago. I think of you every time she wears them.

And I'd love a Hyena chat reunion!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.